Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Mar 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1262364)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Stop the press ! Loeb + Pescarolo !

Yes, it's in Ouest France today !

Sébastien Loeb take a lot of pleasure to test the Pescarolo at the HTTT, and is now keen to do the 24 hours ; his WRC team is OK (Guy Frequelin is his boss), and it's now in Henri's hands...

Can't wait to see that ! What a "coup" for the marketing stuff ! After the Oreca Audi, this could attract more french medias in the spot...
Old 26 Mar 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1262366)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agree Fab, Loeb may not be that recognisable to our friends across the pond, but he is a huge star in Europe.

Precurser to a Citroen LMP1 entry?

Last edited by JAG; 26 Mar 2005 at 16:09.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1262384)   #3
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
YEAH BABY .. doing a reverse Sarrasin ..
jag . not only a huge star . but WRC 2004 Champion .

i know who i would cheer for

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Mar 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1262392)   #4
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great! I'm a big admirer!

FG
Old 26 Mar 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1262396)   #5
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG1
Great! I'm a big admirer!

FG
So is my wife, but for different reasons!

Anything that raises the profile of Le Mans is good. If he races, lets hope he does as well as Elford or McRae
Old 26 Mar 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1262419)   #6
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
;.. doing a reverse Sarrasin ..
Sarrazin himself plans to do a "reverse-reverse" in an Aston Martin

McRae seemed to give ideas to other WRC drivers
Old 26 Mar 2005, 18:51 (Ref:1262451)   #7
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Precurser to a Citroen LMP1 entry?
Excellent deduction !
I just wish Frequelin thought the same !
Old 26 Mar 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1262459)   #8
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank goodness people are not just sticking to one thing like F1 drivers do these days. Now lets get people like Alesi, Hakkinen or Frentzen in at Le Mans, so we can have ex-F1 multiple-winners (well, apart from Alesi) against Rally champions against Le Mans regulars!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1262471)   #9
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
Excellent deduction !
I just wish Frequelin thought the same !
Or maybe he'll switch to the dark side,

Peugeot!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1262495)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well McRae did OK last year, and remember Walter Röhrl (another ex-WRC Champion) has raced at Le Mans in the pasted too. So lets see what you are made of Mr Loeb.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1262517)   #11
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Or maybe he'll switch to the dark side,

Peugeot!
Peugeot formed the PSA group in 1974 while absorbing Citroën who has kept his tradition of technologies development (hydraulic suspensions, directional headlights) and prestige (SM...).
Peugeot have above all did mass production, so I think they will stay in rally after two wins at Le Mans.
A victory of Citroën in La Sarthe would suit their image de marque like Bentley did in 2003.

So why not a wave of fresh novelty with some great comebacks ?
Old 26 Mar 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1262559)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
Peugeot formed the PSA group in 1974 while absorbing Citroën who has kept his tradition of technologies development (hydraulic suspensions, directional headlights) and prestige (SM...).
Peugeot have above all did mass production, so I think they will stay in rally after two wins at Le Mans.
A victory of Citroën in La Sarthe would suit their image de marque like Bentley did in 2003.

So why not a wave of fresh novelty with some great comebacks ?

But Peugeot are out of the WRC after this season and their boss Corrado Prevera (sp) is retiring.

Not sure what has been reported in France but in Autosport they reported a few weeks back that an LMP1 design, possibly diesal powered, was being studied and the idea of a return to Le Mans was gaining momentum at Peugeot Sport.

The proposed WTCC program could still go ahead, but with national importers,
Old 26 Mar 2005, 23:23 (Ref:1262605)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting news... I wonder if Mr Loeb has the "feel" for a sports prototype?? Its not like he can cut corners on a race circuit

I can recall an interview with Ove Andersson of TTE fame, and he considered that one of the brighter talents ever to drive the Toyota GT-One Sportscar was actually Carlos Sainz.....

I wish Mr Loeb well.. I hope his codrivers help him ease into the race, on a circuit with other cars on it (also a new novelty..) in something that will require confidence, and go waaaaaaaaaaaayyy quicker than his WRC Citroen....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Mar 2005, 23:46 (Ref:1262616)   #14
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
But Peugeot are out of the WRC after this season and their boss Corrado Prevera (sp) is retiring.

Not sure what has been reported in France but in Autosport they reported a few weeks back that an LMP1 design, possibly diesal powered, was being studied and the idea of a return to Le Mans was gaining momentum at Peugeot Sport.

The proposed WTCC program could still go ahead, but with national importers,
Yes we know that Peugeot will retire from Rally. But for Le Mans PSA will just have to put a name on the car : Peugeot, Citroën ?

But now, we are just speculating. Let's wait several months !
Old 27 Mar 2005, 15:32 (Ref:1262956)   #15
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
in L'équite today, they say they asked Pescarolo at Nogaro about Loeb driving at LM, he neither denied nor confirm ...
seems to be a huge thing to organize, they need time to set up all the deal...
Old 28 Mar 2005, 04:48 (Ref:1263312)   #16
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
trés cool, but what sort of circuit racing experience does he have? That said, the guy has natural talent just brimming out of the place, how much of a disadvantage not having on-track experience with other cars and long long stints comparing with obvious fantastic improvising abilties via rallying is up in the air.

and then there isthe press-buzz--wow, kinda like Rossi in cars.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 07:44 (Ref:1263342)   #17
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
trés cool, but what sort of circuit racing experience does he have? That said, the guy has natural talent just brimming out of the place, how much of a disadvantage not having on-track experience with other cars and long long stints comparing with obvious fantastic improvising abilties via rallying is up in the air.

and then there isthe press-buzz--wow, kinda like Rossi in cars.
We'll just have to wait and see but I was very positively impressed with Mc rae last year, he did much better than a lot of "more experienced" drivers. At least he did not lose the Ferrari like Tomas Enge did when they were just 8 secs behind the leading Corvette after almost 20 hours....
Old 28 Mar 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1263422)   #18
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
During the race of Super GT on MotorsTV, Xavier Pompidou said there are few chances to see S. Loeb at Le Mans mainly because of the specific preparation and driving.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1263433)   #19
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think i might write something to S.Loeb ...
http://www.sebastienloeb.com/html/livre-ecrire.htm

i've just read on his page . that his father died .

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Mar 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1263516)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
i've just read on his page . that his father died .
Oh dear !

I let a message, as Bernard did before; I'm amazed by the number of warm messages posted on his Golden Book after his loss, from all over the world...

Last edited by Fab; 28 Mar 2005 at 14:06.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1277528)   #21
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found some more on Loeb:

"It's looking good," the winner of last weekend's Rally of New Zealand said today.

"There's just one small obstacle to iron out."

That problem is that he will have to get special dispensation to miss the press conference at the end of the Rally of Tunisia on June 5, the day Loeb will be required for testing on the Le Mans circuit.

Loeb will be at the wheel of a Pescarolo-Judd in the June 18-19 event if he gets clearance to race.

Source: http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.au
Old 13 Apr 2005, 22:12 (Ref:1277607)   #22
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Rally of Turkey, surely?
Old 13 Apr 2005, 22:35 (Ref:1277632)   #23
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He could always skip the press conference and take the $5000 fine I suppose? I'm sure PlayStation would pay it for him.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1277643)   #24
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In my opinion the ACO should do what it can to bring Loeb to Le Mans. He can definitely raise the stature of this year's event and bring more fans to the track. Well, at least French ones. We have a French backed Audi, the Pescarolos, and a Courage factory P1 team. Add Loeb and our French friends will be out in force.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 23:15 (Ref:1277653)   #25
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
Found some more on Loeb:
he will have to get special dispensation to miss the press conference at the end of the Rally of Tunisia on June 5, the day Loeb will be required for testing on the Le Mans circuit. http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.au
Given the FIA & ACO are working together on common GT rules, I am sure something can be sorted out.