Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Apr 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1268096)   #1
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Luizzi to Sauber ... / JV's progress

A bit obvious , JV will get sacked sooner or later, and Red Bull want to loan a driver out ..

simple
Old 2 Apr 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1268101)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, the loaning Liuzzi part makes sense - but Sauber and Jacques are both officially committed to their relationship.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1268116)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It may happen, but hopefully JV will have a resonable chance, before we can say he should be replaced.

Last edited by luke; 2 Apr 2005 at 20:01.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1268120)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dunno, watching JV today he seemed a little bit more prepared to have a good stab at it, but still rather shaky. Signs of improvement perhaps. Hopefully he'll get it sorted sooner or later.
Loaning Luizzi would make sense for Red Bull, but that all depends on whether they want to put him in their car instead (decision on Tuesday about that according to Martin Brundle).
Old 2 Apr 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1268126)   #5
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i somehow hate to say this . but Peter Sauber must get rid of JV ASAP .

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Apr 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1268127)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was getting ready to hail an improved Jacques today. He was steady and was looking better than all season at least, but then came the last corner.

And then came an absolutely ripsnorting lap from Massa as well.

Anyways, onto this loan business. If a loan is made, I would hope Liuzzi would be farmed out to Sauber and Klien would be kept at RBR. I've admired and been a fan of Klien since Bahrain 2004 and he fully deserves his seat. Todays performance is yet more proof of that.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1268143)   #7
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think all this JV knocking has to stop - it's not becomming of us at 10-10ths.

He may be an overpaid, over-rated, loud-mouthed, critical, excuse laiden, park-your-car-on-the-verge-for-no-good-reason, whingeing 'has-been' but I think we should not lower ourselves by expressing such thoughts openly here.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1268167)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jarce
I think all this JV knocking has to stop - it's not becomming of us at 10-10ths.

He may be an overpaid, over-rated, loud-mouthed, critical, excuse laiden, park-your-car-on-the-verge-for-no-good-reason, whingeing 'has-been' but I think we should not lower ourselves by expressing such thoughts openly here.

LMAO.

If JV was to be replaced, then i'd like Luizzi to get the job, purely for the sole reason that Klien deserves to keep his seat at RBR! However, i'd prefer Ant to get the drive and Klien to still keep his seat
Old 2 Apr 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1268191)   #9
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow

Yeah I was a Big supporter of Villenuve comming back but now seeing him make a fool of himself weekend in and weekend out being beat badly by Massa has me saying 1 or 2 more races and if he does not improve I would like to see the Italian Liuzzie on the track instead of JV just because will have one more competitive hungry driver on the track. I think he could be really fast and give Massa a Run for his money.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1268194)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Liuzzi and Davidson are both probably overdue a real chance to show what they can do, and if RHR have promised Liuzzi some races this year then this is the best way, considering how well Klien has done so far (I can see Christian outqualiying DC several times this year, and usually being fast enough to threaten him in the races).

I'm running out of patience with JV after another flawed lap, and it's amusing that people are crediting the fact that, were it not for his last-corner mistake, he'd've got within a second of Massa (hardly a much-loved or ultra-highly-rated driver). Is that something to be proud of? He's on borrowed time, and assuming that his contract makes it an option, replacing him with Liuzzi could be good for all other parties.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1268225)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Christian Klien is very impressive this year, certainly - and interestingly he credits DC with helping him improve.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1268241)   #12
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villeneuve has a two year contract doesn't he??

To terminate that after three races would be silly......I think they'll at least give him until halfway before making any decisions.....and probably then only implement them for next year.....

JV's an odd one. Now because of all this pressure I'm taking notice of him and willing him to prove that he's just had a bad couple of races and will improve soon....yet today was a classic case of the pressure getting to him I feel, and trying to carry too much speed into the final corner of a lap that looked reasonably ok previously.......

It's one way to get everyone watching your every move in F1, but perhaps not the way he'd like!
Old 2 Apr 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1268267)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If qualifying was a failure, but racing was fine, and the driver could drag the car to the front, or at least set competitive (with his teammate at least) fastest laps in the race, I doubt there would be an issue... but it seems race pace, and balls out qualifying pace have gone missing for some reason....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Apr 2005, 00:16 (Ref:1268289)   #14
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Red Bull loans Luizzi to Sauber then they might replace him with American Scott Speed who was very impressive in testing recently.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 01:59 (Ref:1268316)   #15
Flying Fin
Rookie

United Kingdom
Doncaster Lad
Flying Fin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont get why jv is having such problems with the sauber. i think he used to be and still is a quality driver is it just simply the car he is in or is it just his attitude towards the car or team thats causing him to have an awful start to the season and maybe an awful end to his career. i for one would be sad to see a man i grew up with at williams to get finished by a team he should be more than comfortable with.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 03:58 (Ref:1268336)   #16
Mike_P
Rookie

United States
Vermont, USA
Mike_P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov
If Red Bull loans Luizzi to Sauber then they might replace him with American Scott Speed who was very impressive in testing recently.
Good point Dov. I'm not sure if a driver needs a Superlicense to run in Friday practice, but Speed did enough testing to earn one last week. I wonder if he would be able to serve as Red Bull's test and reserve driver, and still be able to race in GP2? At this point, I don't think it's a question of wheter or not Liuzzi will take over for JV, but how far into the season it will happen.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 04:02 (Ref:1268338)   #17
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its only the third round and we are probably a bit quick to criticise him. I find it odd that he has been so far off Massa's pace. He has proven in the past that he is quick and has or had what it takes to race in F1, so maybe there are some reasons for his lack of pace that are more political than just someone loosing his talent.
Give him a bit longer to see what he can do, his qual lap yesterday was pretty good until he made a mistake, which is obviously easy for him to do given the circumstances.

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 3 Apr 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1268493)   #18
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is even more complicated - the pressure to perform is about 50 times bigger than it was at Australia, so it's only human to be prone to do more mistakes, unless you're a bulletproof senseless machine.

It's just so puzzling. Why is he 1.3-1.4 secs behind Massa? How come he was only a tenth away in FP4? There is a disparity in times... it's not a consistent gap all the time, it goes from one tenth to 2 seconds, from half a second to 1.5 seconds the next session...
Old 3 Apr 2005, 10:59 (Ref:1268564)   #19
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
It's just so puzzling. Why is he 1.3-1.4 secs behind Massa? How come he was only a tenth away in FP4? There is a disparity in times... it's not a consistent gap all the time, it goes from one tenth to 2 seconds, from half a second to 1.5 seconds the next session...
If I remember correctly, more than half of that gap is a result from one single error he made at the last corner of qualifying session 1.

Apart from that, he was not far off Massa's pace (if we take into account that currently the car suits Massa's style better, and the fact that Villeneuve is using these races to learn).

I'm sure that Villeneuve will do better as soons as he gets his self-confidenc back.
At this moment he knows that he has to work hard.
So he is doing what he is supposed to do.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 11:01 (Ref:1268566)   #20
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47
Villeneuve has a two year contract doesn't he??

To terminate that after three races would be silly......I think they'll at least give him until halfway before making any decisions.....and probably then only implement them for next year.....
I think that if Villeneuve himself is the only one who might decide to end the contrat at this point.

I don't know whether he wants to race in Champ Cars.
But if he wants to stay at Sauber, Sauber will not break the contract at this time.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1268707)   #21
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all know that contracts mean little in F1 today. I think Sauber will get out of it very soon. In the 3 races last year and the three this year, JV has shown little if no improvement, and I'm sure that another 3 races will do him little good. It's become obvious that modern day F1 has passed him by.

Bring on Scott Speed! American fans have waited long enough!

Danica Patrick
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1268748)   #22
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV's fastest lap today was only .132 seconds off of Massa today. I paid close attention to their times throughout the race today as well. JV and Massa were pretty much running at the same pace. Massa would be quicker for few laps and then JV would be and so on. JV definetly made inroads today.
He won't be going anywhere. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the Sauber will be either.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1268754)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Three races don't make a season. Sure, hasn't been the greatest of starts, but there were signs of improvement this weekend. JV clearly still isn't all that happy with the car, but it'll come... if he's given the time.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1268762)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JV has improved I must admit, this weekend. But he's still not htere quite yet.

JV was a similar pace to Massa, but he used his brakes a lot more extremely and subsequently retired. Massa was a touch faster and was easier on the brakes. So I'm not sure what to make of it, but the overall impression is that JV has moved on a little, which is pleasing.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1268770)   #25
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV was hit by DC. It wasn't brakes.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"