Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1269599)   #1
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf Schumacher

Seems to me to be the weak link in the shiny, new Toyota chain.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1269600)   #2
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it is a bit early in the season...He will find his marks.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1269621)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Finishing 4th doesn't seem weak to me, and i'm surprised at how well he is actually going. Jarno has been a revalation though, and i'm sure, should it carry on, will start putting Rafe's nose out of joint.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1269724)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's driving well, but Trulli is driving better.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 11:52 (Ref:1269728)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's still making silly little errors.....but I think he'll improve and he will probably be the guy to take Toyotas first win, despite the fact Trulli is better than him!
Old 4 Apr 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1269738)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
4th and 5th aren't great when your team-mate finished 2nd in both races, having had the better of you in virtually every session and every part of the race. Ralf wasn't fast enough to stay ahead of Nick or JPM in Malaysia, and went off the track more than once in Bahrain, as well as making a mess of qualifying 1 (a situation the team only managed to work around by running him with less fuel in qualifying 2, requiring him to pit eartlier).

Jarno has started the seaosn really well, and Ralf certainly hasn't been equal to it. I'm not sure if this will continue throughout the season, but it is roughly what I was expeting given the two drivers' relative abilities.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1269810)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree - it's the way I expected the Trulli/Schumacher battle to pan out.

Ralf will have his usual one or two good races in the middle of the season.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1269816)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Ralf sticks it on the front row he'll have a good race or two.

Apart from that, his performance is pretty much as expected, nothing that special with a few errors thrown in.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1269817)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf is a great driver, on his day, even better than his brother, but he seems to get involved in those silly / avoidable collisons.
He also tends to be inconsistent, but he's put some good results in so far, although Trulli, has been so far the number 1 at Toyota.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:55 (Ref:1269819)   #10
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=luke]Ralf is a great driver, on his day, even better than his brother, QUOTE]

Not from what I've seen of him in F1....
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1269822)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Super Tourer]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Ralf is a great driver, on his day, even better than his brother, QUOTE]

Not from what I've seen of him in F1....
Canada 2001 is one example. He would have beaten Michael at Brazil in 2002, if Ferrari hadn't of put him on to his strategy.
And Im sure there's more, that's just of the top of my head.

Last edited by luke; 4 Apr 2005 at 12:59.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1269824)   #12
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Trulli continues to shine, RS will get worse and more erratic. He does not handle pressure well.
I'd like to see a Trulli/Panis pairing again. Those two guys know how to work together!
Mike
Old 4 Apr 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1269928)   #13
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli will also stumble at some point. He is just as inconsistant and prone to dips in confidence. Then Ralf will have his day. Over the season the points will be close.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 14:52 (Ref:1269937)   #14
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Trulli did similar last year .. also winning Monaco but ended by losing to Alonso .. we'll have to wait and see .. but ralf is doing a decent job . and we can say . trulli had a head start . doing a couple of races last year in the Toyota

Last edited by Dani Filth; 4 Apr 2005 at 14:52.

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Apr 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1269991)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jarno was treated badly at Rneault, as soon as it became clear that he was a threat. Flavio's public criticism after France was ill-advised and misguided, especially as he didn't say a word against Alonso after he threw away 8 points at Monza. Getting to Toyota early last season will have been a small benefit to Jarno, but it doesn't expalin everything he's acheived thus far. As ti stands Jarno is respected and appreciated, adn the expectations on him aren't as high as before - a perfect set of circusmtances for him to acheive his potential and not be dragged down by others.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1270092)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=luke]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tourer

Canada 2001 is one example. He would have beaten Michael at Brazil in 2002, if Ferrari hadn't of put him on to his strategy.
And Im sure there's more, that's just of the top of my head.
Ralf needs a car perfectly set up and a tyre advantage before he can even think of beating Michael!
Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1270152)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was very disappointed with RS's qually 1 effort. he was about a second slower than Trulli.... but he put in a good qually 2 eventhough he was on light fuel.

RS has the pace but lacks the consistancy.... and it is bloody frustrating to actually support him throughout a season..
Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1270154)   #18
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we may see something good yet out of Ralf because Mike Gascoine appears to be such an excellent manager. Lets see if he can get on top of Ralf’s waywardness.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1270214)   #19
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel for the guy. The pressure on him is inevitably higher thanks to his surname. Otherwise a driver with his record and results would be garnering nothing but praise for his work at Toyota so far. Sure, Jarno seems faster pretty much constantly, but he's scoring good points. He's not Michael, he's not a champion, but he surely deserves his drive. The number of drivers who you could guarantee would perform better in that car is very small.

Think of him as Ralph...Coulthard.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1270298)   #20
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Not that bad a start for Ralf. Trulli is at the top of his game right now - it'll be tough for Ralf to beat him if he keeps this up. Maybe its the hair
Old 4 Apr 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1270307)   #21
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Trulli is at the top of his game... Maybe its the hair
Don't get me started

ratemymullet.com anyone?
Old 4 Apr 2005, 23:46 (Ref:1270349)   #22
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf is reportedly earning a lot more dough than Trulli, so you'd have to say Ralf isn't living up to his contract so far this season.

If the trend continues, it'll be the 4th straight season that Ralf has been out-scored by a team mate. I can see it being the end of top flight machinery pretty soon for Ralf if that's the case.

Ralf said that Williams' expectation of him was too high, but surely while he's earning more than his team mate, the simple expectation would be for him to do the better job.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1271322)   #23
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's not a mullet.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1271349)   #24
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by santori
That's not a mullet.
I stand corrected.
A mullet would be an improvement.
Surely that would be very uncomfortable under a balaclava and helmet.
Itchy...
Old 6 Apr 2005, 00:51 (Ref:1271374)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Ralf is a great driver, on his day, even better than his brother, but he seems to get involved in those silly / avoidable collisons.
He also tends to be inconsistent, but he's put some good results in so far, although Trulli, has been so far the number 1 at Toyota.

You are kidding right luke? IMHO Ralf does not have the stuff, not even close to Michael.

Last edited by JeremySmith; 6 Apr 2005 at 00:55.