Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 Apr 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1273048)   #1
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ireland 24th April

Who is going to Ireland?
Old 8 Apr 2005, 07:42 (Ref:1273055)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Me!
Old 8 Apr 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1273104)   #3
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taken from Website:

Irish Rally Star, Ollie o' Donovan has completed a deal with George Tracey to use his Metro 6R4 in round 2 of the Irish Rallycross championship on April 24th in Mondello Park. O'Donovan, who normally campaigns a Subaru WRC is looking forward to making his Rallycross debut. The London based Limerick man has been interested in trying his hand at Rallycross for some time and with Tracey now campaigning with the ex- McCluskey Peugeot 306, it was an ideal time for him to drive the high powered 6R4. The Metro took George to a number of victories in the latter part of 2004 and is well capable of being on the podium again. Round 2 of the Irish Championship, April 24th, Mondello Park.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1273380)   #4
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ireland eh :P ? who would want to go to there!

Will have to put a few faces to the aliases!

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 8 Apr 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1273403)   #5
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think i might venture over
Old 8 Apr 2005, 23:55 (Ref:1273745)   #6
King Arthur
Racer

Scotland
North of Brighton
King Arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Twiglet

Will see you there

Join me for a pint of the black stuff
Old 8 Apr 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1273746)   #7
King Arthur
Racer

Scotland
North of Brighton
King Arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry big ted but you can also join Twiglet and I if you attend
Old 9 Apr 2005, 05:53 (Ref:1273794)   #8
Poultry
Rookie

Poultry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm coming over with the Queen Plus others, to marshal, Ferry’s Booked, Carrot Suite packed.

Does anyone know if the Bar is open on the Saturday night?? Priorities and all that.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 07:21 (Ref:1273812)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Just on that, has anyone who's marshalling been in touch with our CM here? If not, drop me a PM so I can update him on how many bodies to expect!
Old 9 Apr 2005, 10:38 (Ref:1273898)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would it be a good idea to post this in Trackside?

There may be some new punters who would like to attend.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1275348)   #11
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will also be joining the party!!
Old 11 Apr 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1275403)   #12
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown
Brian Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep out of the gravel trap! I know its wrong.
Sorry EP. Tigger will be bouncing along. See Ya GRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 14 Apr 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1278114)   #13
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
entry form is away and the ferry is booked , count me in !!
Old 14 Apr 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1278141)   #14
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just got my dates list through today, I'm not on the SHB for this one, so will be out playing on the banks. Hopefully I'll get my normal rallycross spot
Old 15 Apr 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1278579)   #15
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown
Brian Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Control Control from Delta 5, is this fog or have we found the dreaded DUST again!!!
Old 15 Apr 2005, 07:38 (Ref:1278608)   #16
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Many of the Irish Drivers have pulled there entries yesterday as they were unhappy with the manner the entry fee for the event was put up a week before the event.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1278637)   #17
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please tell us more!

So what is the entry fee ?
Old 15 Apr 2005, 08:24 (Ref:1278640)   #18
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if an entry list is up anywhere yet?
Old 15 Apr 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1278668)   #19
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundy Mooney
Many of the Irish Drivers have pulled there entries yesterday as they were unhappy with the manner the entry fee for the event was put up a week before the event.
So what was it put up by? The €30 late entry fee for entering after April 13th or more?
Old 15 Apr 2005, 09:02 (Ref:1278678)   #20
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Did they pull their existing entries? Or just decline to enter because the price had gone up?
Old 15 Apr 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1278716)   #21
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland

The entry fee for the proposed Irish championship round was the €170 a round agreed at the agm this year. This was what was on the entry forms that had previously sent out at the start of the season. On Wednesday (the closing date for late entries) a new entry form was sent to drivers with a entry fee of €235.00 and €30.00 late entry, along with some promotional material for the event and a letter from the drivers rep John Mc Cluskey.

Anyone who had already entered the event was then called and asked weather they would accept the extra charge on there credit card.

Now the thing that has annoyed most is not the extra charge but the manner in which it was implemented. The letter that accompanied the new entry had no mention off the increased price and most importantly why it was necessary. One driver I have talked to had sent in the new entry form. Not even realising that the fee had been increased because all the entry forms look the same and he hadn’t bother to look carefully at it.

EP : Both

Just before you all jump in saying that a hell of a lot cheaper than the BRDA £200 sterling. I do realise that and so do the other drivers involved but many of them do not want to race in the BRDA and now are not given a choice if they want to continue with the Irish Championship. It was proved at Lydden that two events could run as one, so why not at Mondello?

Also heard that there is storm brewing about dropped rounds/points with championship. But don't have full details on that so I won't speculate.

Last edited by Roundy Mooney; 15 Apr 2005 at 09:38.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1278750)   #22
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Very strange - wonder what happened.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1278902)   #23
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what has been going around very few british drivers have decided to go over, the running costs have gone up so its been put on the majority who will turn up (i.e Irish Drivers)

Quote:
Also heard that there is storm brewing about dropped rounds/points with championship. But don't have full details on that so I won't speculate.
Dont know if you get the letter from john mc cluskey everymonth, but as regards to dropped round a few drivers have preposed brining in the 5 rounds counting rule in for the remainder of this year, as of yet this has not been enforced untill John Talks with the rallycross committee.

Theres a number of developments with the irish championship at the moment Irish Rallycross Championship (with the logo from http://www.irishrallycrosschampionship.com ) logo will appear on jackets for sale at a costs in and around of 95 euro apparenetly.

I have been communicating with john in the past week as regards issues arising in the championship (namely the 3/4 week wait for championship points, which in myne and his mind is not good enough concidering it was promised at the open forum to be done directly after the event).

Im finishing off a Brief Preview to the next round and will be posting up some developments aswell in the championship.

From seeing what is preposed to happen in the championship over the next few years i would speculate that entryfees will start going up in our own championship.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 15 Apr 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1278961)   #24
Nittymaki
Racer

Nittymaki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Info I have received about the entry for Ireland is as follows:
This is only the british drivers going across I dont know of any irish drivers entering
Supercars total entry 10 cars
Supermodified cars travelling 8
Stockhatch cars travelling 4
Juniors total at event 5

Not looking good especially after such a good event at Lydden.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 15:07 (Ref:1278969)   #25
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittymaki
Info I have received about the entry for Ireland is as follows:
This is only the british drivers going across I dont know of any irish drivers entering
Supercars total entry 10 cars
Supermodified cars travelling 8
Stockhatch cars travelling 4
Juniors total at event 5

Not looking good especially after such a good event at Lydden.
Seems like susp!ssions are correct. i think drivers over here are getting a bit p'd off with happenings over here, so i wouldnt expect a very strong irish entry.

I think it was a bad decision to change the irish date to emalgamate it with the british, its a soar subject that has been highlighted even more since the irish championship stopped visiting other tracks (its getting a bit boreing racing mondello over and over again).

Last edited by Cryos; 15 Apr 2005 at 15:08.