Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Apr 2005, 02:48 (Ref:1280835)   #1
Chronicle
Racer

Chronicle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Truck Racing returns to Winton

The Supertruck Nationals are returning to Winton Raceway in Central Victoria on the weekend of April 3 and May 1 2005. They will be supported by round 3 of The Australian Motor Racing Series.

From Wintons webiste:
Quote:
The Supertrucks and Light trucks are both capable of speeds in excess of 180km/h (113mph). However, for safety factors the trucks are restricted to 160km/h (100mph). This is regulated by fitting a purpose built racing tachograph that records the speeds at which the vehicle is travelling during a race. At the completion of a race, when the trucks are returning to the pit area, a card is collected from the tachograph and analysed. If the vehicle has been travelling over 160km/h, a 10 second penalty is incurred. Three penalties can be accumulated in a race, but when this is exceeded, the vehicle is disqualified for speeding violations.

Super truck racing is generally one of the most exciting events on the Winton Calender, with Trucks bang and crashing into each other to get pass on the tight Winton layout. It is common to see Trucks going two or even three wide through some corners.

The Australian Motor Racing Series in its debut year stops off at Winton for round 3 of the championship. The series will bring to Winton, The Winton Intermarque Cup for Sports GT cars, which will see an interesting line up of sports cars from Didge Vipers, Ferrari 360, Porsches to Cobra's and V8 MG's. Other categories that will line up with the AMRS are Improved Production Cars, Formula Vee and the Popular Aporschapart 944 Challenge.

Last edited by Chronicle; 18 Apr 2005 at 02:49.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 06:42 (Ref:1280905)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are they running anywhere else this year. Last year there was a big deal made about how 2004 was a rebuilding year and big things were in place for the future....yet we haven't heard much.

Would be great to see them back to their best, they used to pull the fans in droves to Oran Park in the mid-90s
Old 18 Apr 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1281148)   #3
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They still managed to pull a crowd last year, when they ran at Winton, Mallala ? with the Premier series. Its one thing that defies common sense, minimal promotion, action news etc just makes the fans more hungry and willing to turn up to truck racing meets. Its great they can do it, just leaves me scratching my head sometimes.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1281150)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's hoping there are enough dollars in the kitty to pay for timing and the officials that appear at these meetings. It seems at some events of late, certain facilities were not to their usual standard of service due to a lack of available funds....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 Apr 2005, 23:48 (Ref:1281706)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the trucks are running at the state championship meeting in June at QR if some apparent dramas can be sorted out
Old 19 Apr 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1281874)   #6
Chronicle
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Are they running anywhere else this year. Last year there was a big deal made about how 2004 was a rebuilding year and big things were in place for the future....yet we haven't heard much.

Would be great to see them back to their best, they used to pull the fans in droves to Oran Park in the mid-90s
Yes, they are running at other places, have a look at their webiste:
Truck Racing
Old 1 May 2005, 23:05 (Ref:1291261)   #7
Chronicle
Racer

Some very good racing at the weekend. The fields were a good size as well, but the crowd, it was sensantional.

* 12 Forumla Vee's
* 21 Improved Productions
* 8 Supert Trucks * 6 Light Trucks = 14 Trucks
* 22 Porsche's
* 25 Sports Car's

I hear there are 2 more Super Trucks in production. Bring it on!
Old 1 May 2005, 23:53 (Ref:1291278)   #8
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any idea what happened to the 37 torana in improved production.
dnf, 9th and a dns ???
Old 2 May 2005, 00:45 (Ref:1291288)   #9
Chronicle
Racer

Very interesting question there Matt, yes I do know what happened.

In the 1st race he was black flagged for oil leaks, and was informed he was to fix it before he could go out again, he raced the 2nd, but with bucket loads of oil smoke. After the 2nd race he put in on the trailer and went home.
Old 2 May 2005, 00:55 (Ref:1291294)   #10
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats a shame, since he hit the wall big time at sandown two weeks ago, and detonated a engine that round too. maybe the engine wasnt put back together properly ??

the car was from what i hear a total mess, and didnt see the scruts after the race. hope it wasnt frorm the sandown damage
Old 2 May 2005, 03:04 (Ref:1291323)   #11
Chronicle
Racer

It would be nice if he learnt to control his temper as well
Old 2 May 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1291488)   #12
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My spies tell me there is a lot more to car #37 than is being mentioned in here and it involves the Stewards..................

I wasn't there so cannot and will not comment on 2nd hand info I've received.
Old 2 May 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1291638)   #13
Chronicle
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
My spies tell me there is a lot more to car #37 than is being mentioned in here and it involves the Stewards..................
And that is where is should stay, not here!