Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1328648)   #1
LampCord
Racer

LampCord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where will Shumi finish?

As a deeply dissapointed Shumi fan (can't he win every year?) I'm trying to put a positive of a spin on this season. I think he will manage to finish in 3rd while Kimi and Alonso fight for the title. This may be a bit optimistic as it means holding off what will undoubtably be a hard charging Montoya and Visi both of whom are driving clearly superior packages right now. But they also both have a tendency to run into problems whether of their own making or otherwise while MS seems to almost always seem to find a way to maximize his results.

What do others think? Is 3rd place possible or does Ferrari just have too much of a performance deficit this year for him to hold on?
Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1328654)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think third is definetly possible for MS.

He is the best all-around driver on the grid IMO, and can take a bad car to a decent finish better than anyone else on the track. Him, along with Brawn, Todt, and the rest of the team, always manage to come up with a strategy that can get Michael a better finish than he deserves.

So yes, I think we're now driving for 3rd place in the championship, unfortunatly not higher, but it is definetly attainable...

Danica Patrick
Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:29 (Ref:1328658)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5th
Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1328663)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are a lot of circuits at which Ferrari have been strong in the past still to come, Bridgestone seem to be improving slowly but surely, and the whole package has been imrpoved recently, so 3rd seems perfectly possible, although JPM, GCF, Trulli and the Williams guys all have a chance of finshing ahead.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1328670)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I would say 3rd in both championships is possible.

By no means certain, but possible.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1328675)   #6
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i honestly don't know
Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1328680)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I'm with K-B - 5th.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1328774)   #8
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1st .. of course

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Jun 2005, 06:59 (Ref:1328987)   #9
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to see MS on 1st again, but 2nd should be possible
Old 15 Jun 2005, 08:12 (Ref:1329021)   #10
richard_sykes
Racer

Wales
Wales, Uk
richard_sykes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top five. Have Ferrari got the new areo package? Plus new tyres which did well in Canada! Maybe some engine developments.

Canada will of surely boosted the confidence and they have kicked back to all the abuse they have been given about there over and out.

Good on them!
Old 15 Jun 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1329036)   #11
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
1st by 2pts
Old 15 Jun 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1329086)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
1st by 2pts

That's the best laugh I've had this week.......
Old 15 Jun 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1329252)   #13
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael could play a very important role in this years championship. It looks like Ferrari are gathering pace and McLaren are looking fantastic. I think Ferrari can catch Renault which will help McLaren. Michael could finish the WDC in third and Ferrari could take 2nd in WCC
Old 15 Jun 2005, 14:42 (Ref:1329312)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to go along with those who suggest 5th. I think Michael is going toi luck into a few points, but the Ferraris won't catch the Macs and Renaults this season. They'll be lucky to battle it out with Williams for the lesser points.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1329366)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5th sounds pretty resonable to me considering ferrari haven't won a race this year, and with both fisi and montoya in better rides look to be the obvious 3 and 4 guys.
but to suggest that ferrari could get 3nd in the WdC is at best optimistic and would mean you have to ignore the outstanding seasons trulli and heidfeld are having. without a race win i would put my money on 5.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1329375)   #16
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3rd to 5th I guess. But everything can still happen.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1330420)   #17
pD F1
Racer

pD F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least 3rd, I'd say. He could join the battle for the championship late on maybe, which could work an advantage for him, as Suzuka, Monza and possibly Spa are all very strong Ferrari tracks.

He and Ferrari will get a few wins, I think from Indy, Magny-Cours, Silverstone, Monza, Suzuka and Spa. The mid-summer races ill be hard and Brazil and Shanghai, I'm not sure of.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1330558)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
4th, ahead of Fisi.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1330684)   #19
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
who's 3rd knowlesy?
Old 16 Jun 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1330685)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Montoya.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1330687)   #21
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Still, I think the guys from Williams could do something a bit better than just watch this year.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 18:20 (Ref:1330693)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he'll probably end up 4rth.... but he wont be too far behind 3rd placed Montoya... JPM has a better car and sooner or later will get some high scores...
Old 16 Jun 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1330705)   #23
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by pole2pole
Michael could play a very important role in this years championship. It looks like Ferrari are gathering pace and McLaren are looking fantastic. I think Ferrari can catch Renault which will help McLaren.
I think so. That would be awesome