Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Aug 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1373415)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does Fisichella have a 2006 Renault contract?

If not, Flavio may wish to place Mark Webber alongside Fernando Alonso next season.

People have uttered before that he wouldn't want to put two of his own 'managed' drivers in one team, but surely he wants the best deal for Renault to win their first ever constructors' championship.

Webber would potentially finally get the competitive car he expected this year (although the V8 situation may change a lot for all we know), although he would face a stern challenge from a rapid team-mate.

Following Kicking-back's reference to Heidfeld joining Williams next year, and assuming Frank firmly wishes to enforce Button's contract, I must ask is it known what exact contract Webber signed with Williams?
Old 5 Aug 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1373422)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This thread covers a lot of ground! I guess that is an indication of how everythign is so related in F1.

Well I'm not sure abotu k-b's JB & NH theory. However we'll see.

Whatever I am interested what will happen to Fisi next year. Does he have a Renault contract for 2006? I can't remember.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1373427)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A quick look into it and it seems Fisi signed for a two year deal. At least according to initial reports on the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/3928899.stm

However, as we all know, things are never that simple. The second year may well be just an 'option'.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1373429)   #4
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't he actually signed by Williams for this year and the released to Renault in exchange for Webber?

At Sauber in 04, he had a contract for 05, but was allowed to leave if a big 3 team signed him (Williams, McLaren or Ferrari)? He couldn't leave for Renault without signing for Williams or something like that?
Old 5 Aug 2005, 21:59 (Ref:1373446)   #5
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esorniloc
Wasn't he actually signed by Williams for this year and the released to Renault in exchange for Webber?

At Sauber in 04, he had a contract for 05, but was allowed to leave if a big 3 team signed him (Williams, McLaren or Ferrari)? He couldn't leave for Renault without signing for Williams or something like that?
Did he name the teams or the places? Renault finished 3rd last year.

Funny, just remembering Villeneuve driving that Renault for the last two rounds of last year and people saying they might have kept him over Fisichella. Could you imagine!? McLaren would be bolting away!
Old 5 Aug 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1373453)   #6
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Did he name the teams or the places? Renault finished 3rd last year.
Yes, but I guess it would have been based on the 2003 finishing positions!
Old 5 Aug 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1373467)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I doubt Fisi will be at Renault in 2006, he has had a shocking season, though much of it was not his fault, reliability issues somehow always make drivers look bad even when it wasn't their fault...
Old 5 Aug 2005, 23:49 (Ref:1373497)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I would say Giancarlo will remain at Renault next year.

It would be good, were JB to join Williams (thsu turfing Nick out), for Nicj to go to BAR and join BAR. I don't want Nick to be stuck with BMW. That would be so, so unfair: he is finally getting an opportunity to progress in his career, and it would be so sad to see him shunted to the lower mid-field once more.

Hrrrmmm, but this whole scenario could turn out in numerous ways: we al know how strange things can be in F1 at times.
Old 6 Aug 2005, 00:09 (Ref:1373502)   #9
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember that Fisichella was indeed contracted by Williams, and then through some clever wheeling and dealing, he ended up at Renault.

I think he had a contract with Williams, which Renault bought out. Whether they are buying it out on a yearly basis, or they payed the full two year sum up front is a different matter.

If Fisichella did indeed end up at Williams, he would have to be one of the most travelled drivers in F1 History.

1996 - Minardi
1997 - Jordan
1998 > 2001?02? - Benetton
2003 - Jordan
2004 - Sauber
2005 - Renault
Old 6 Aug 2005, 00:50 (Ref:1373516)   #10
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
If not, Flavio may wish to place Mark Webber alongside Fernando Alonso next season.

People have uttered before that he wouldn't want to put two of his own 'managed' drivers in one team, but surely he wants the best deal for Renault to win their first ever constructors' championship.

Webber would potentially finally get the competitive car he expected this year (although the V8 situation may change a lot for all we know), although he would face a stern challenge from a rapid team-mate.
Considering Fisichella's record/reputation prior to joining Renault, in addition to the amount of problems they have had on Fisichella's car, insinuating that Webber could do any better than him is a stretch IMO.
Old 6 Aug 2005, 03:42 (Ref:1373535)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
He will be at Renault next year IMO.
Old 6 Aug 2005, 06:39 (Ref:1373561)   #12
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whether Fisi stays or not, it wont be Webber that replaces him, thats for sure. IIRC, Webber's got a 3 year deal to Fisi's 2 year deal
Old 6 Aug 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1373642)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the contract clause was for Williams, McLaren or Ferrari - the specific teams rather than the finishing positions. As such I think his contract may well be held by Williams, although a swap with Webber seems unllikely. Thinking out loud, maybe this is where Jenson will end up if BAR don'ty buy out his Williams contract?
Old 6 Aug 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1373695)   #14
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure he'll be staying. He's got a 2-year deal, and honestly, i don't think Flav has completely given up on him.

Even if Fisi would be leaving, it would never ever be Webber replacing him. Renault has got Montagny, and, more importantly, Heikki Kovalainen, whom i think will replace Fisi after 2006.

This brings me to another question - is Flavio actually the manager of Kovalainen, or is it purely an RDD-link?
Old 6 Aug 2005, 22:05 (Ref:1374003)   #15
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I can tell Kovalainen is signed purely on a long term deal with Renault, how much influence Flavio has on all that is anyone's guess but I'd imagine it's a lot.

Looking at quotes on other message boards (so it's about as reliable as a chocolate teapot) it seems that Christian Horner tried to buyout Kova's contract for 2006 so he could race in the Red Bull.

Flavio replied: "There is no possibility what so ever. Kovalainen`s path is determined in advance. Heikki will test more intense and he will be our official third driver in the next season. From the start of 2007 Kovalainen will be officially seated behind of Renault`s steering wheel."

Allegedly the quote comes from a recent German magazine. *shrug* Who knows?
Old 7 Aug 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1374190)   #16
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the fact that Renault has got Kovalainen so firmly in place also means they don't have to rush him in.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 02:06 (Ref:1374602)   #17
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
A quick look into it and it seems Fisi signed for a two year deal.
So did Webber ........ doesn't seem to mean much in silly seasons these days.

Who knows what's really going on!?
Old 8 Aug 2005, 02:53 (Ref:1374613)   #18
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
just facts

hi, long time reader, first time poster...couldn't let this speculation continue any longer without putting in my two cents...

Webber WILL be at Williams next year - set in stone.

Button WILL be at Williams next year or nowhere.

PS - cannot say how i know so i won't (and i know i'll get blasted for this - and rightly so - yet i might still set some minds at ease) but it's an absolutely 100% reliable source.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 02:57 (Ref:1374615)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
So that means you know for certain that BAR will not be hiring him under any circumstances, which means the source you speak of is from BAR or else Williams and they know Williams have a contract that says he must drive for them or nobody.

Not sure how that would work.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 03:27 (Ref:1374622)   #20
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

No it's a Williams source.

I just mean that under no circumstances will SFW let Button wriggle out of his contract or be bought off.

And Webber will be driving for Williams in 2006 too. Heidfeld i don't know about.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 03:45 (Ref:1374631)   #21
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

sorry should clarify that..

obviously Heidfeld will not be racing for Williams in 2006, unless Button wins if he takes his dispute to the CRB...Williams do have an option on Heidfeld, so if Button loses or just comes quietly then my guess is Heidfeld will leave for another team. I doubt he would like to remain as tester and i don't think SFW would do it to him...but as i said i'm just guessing about heidfeld.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 03:54 (Ref:1374632)   #22
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault took up the option on Fisi for next year after the Spanish race IIRC.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 8 Aug 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1374786)   #23
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How about this for a 2006 Williams lineup?

Webber
Heidfeld
Button - Test/third driver.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1374806)   #24
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27
How about this for a 2006 Williams lineup?

Webber
Heidfeld
Button - Test/third driver.
Highly unlikely, I'd say! If you were Jenson Button and had managed to get involved in two contract wrangles in as many years, would you then want to go and be a test driver?

On the original topic of Fisichella's contract, it seems to be taken as a given that he won't last longer than another season at Renault (popular opinion seems to have Kovalainen down as his replacement), but unless his form picks up dramatically next season, I'd be surprised if he can get himself a drive at any of the top 5/6 teams after that.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 Aug 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1374841)   #25
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jensen may not have a choice though.