Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Aug 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1374033)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
How Safe is Turkey?

Well one has to ask the question. What do you think? is it too risky to travel there at the moment? would the Formula1 race be used as a possible venue for!!!! If The mods feel that this is an inappropriate thread then please remove it.
Old 6 Aug 2005, 22:52 (Ref:1374035)   #2
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its as safe as Interlagos, Shanghai, Bahrain, London, Madrid, or New york, otherwise thousands of holiday makers wouldnt go to turkey every year .... No were is safe anymore ..... as Murry Walker said, "F1 can never be safe, BUT we can make it safer." And I think that applies here .... thats my veiw anyway.
Old 6 Aug 2005, 22:57 (Ref:1374036)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Undercooked it causes more illnesses at Christmas than anything else.

Ah, sorry. Well the bigger background topic to this is best discussed in parc ferme. Please can everyone bear that in mind. Thanks.

The specific concern about travelling to a country that perhaps not all are familiar with is best asked in the trackside forum. This is our forum dedicated to attending motorsport and all things associated with that. So I'll move it there.

That will, I am sure, put everyone's mind to rest. For one Peter Mallett, Citizen of the World, can fill anyone in on any details.
Old 6 Aug 2005, 23:10 (Ref:1374040)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Thank you Adam I was not sure, but now I know for the future. We should however include Chicken and Pork in the "Needing to be" well cooked department.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1374355)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'll certainly be well cooked! Its 35 degrees here today and I'm approximatley 1100m above the GP circuit!

Its a very good question and whilst I won't be able to give a categoric answer, I've lived in the capital for nearly three years and we've had bombings but they tended to be localised and certainly not of the style we saw in London last month. Yet there is a concern. Only two days ago two people died in a car bombing in Istanbul.

The litter bin bombs in Antalya were just nuisance explosions. They caused the kind of injury you get from mis-handling a firework so those aren't on our particular radar here.

I'm going to the GP (as long as my tickets arrive from Holland - please don't fail me UPS) and I suspect my biggest problem will be traffic. These *******s cannot drive (I'm not avoiding the autocensoer BTW). They can get in a car, they can turn the key, but after that its pure chance!

And lane discipline? What's a lane?