Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Oct 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1428258)   #1
amiers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
amiers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murph's comments

i think everyone has heard Murphy's commentes regarding Ambrose. i for one would like to know why he has to constanly refer to Ambrose and his ego? Murph should take a long hard look at himself before shooting his mouth off.

dont get me wrong i do think Ambrose sometimes is a bit big for his boots, but the man does have the runs on the board and we all get a little up our selfs from time to time. having said that look at R Kelly's comments about Brock and how many times he thinks he will win bathurst.! now thats a bighead.

someone should give Murphy a highlight package of the things he has said and done over the years and see if he still feels Ambrose is an egotist. i think by Ambrose's response he learnt from indy last year and shut up, Murphy should do the same.

all that happened today was the fans missed out on seeing what could have been one of the best finish's we have ever seen. most race drivers have ego's and good luck to them wish i could race a supercar i'd have one too!!!!
Old 9 Oct 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1428322)   #2
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think both drivers have big egos. I also think Ambrose needs to learn to control his emotions because it won't get easier for him in NASCAR. Murphy can't afford to behave that way either because his antics put the Skaife/Ingall incident to shame, IMO.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1428339)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Ambrose's temper will make him a 'personality' in NASCAR (that easy to irritate Australian fellow).

But it's good for all drivers to restrain themselves of course...
Old 9 Oct 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1428355)   #4
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's moments like that (interviews after incidents) that really show some people up.

Murph came accross like a fool and Marcos like the series Champion he is.

Sure Marcos has been found wanting in that department in the past but he's improved out of sight.

Sorry spud, maybe one day you'll have the class, maybe.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1428374)   #5
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
It's moments like that (interviews after incidents) that really show some people up.

Murph came accross like a fool and Marcos like the series Champion he is.

Sure Marcos has been found wanting in that department in the past but he's improved out of sight.

Sorry spud, maybe one day you'll have the class, maybe.
Yep thats why he charged up the hill to argue over what was in all reality a 50/50 situation. Damn those blokes who stop him winning championships.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1428389)   #6
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His Marketing/PR manager wasn't next to him to stop him from trying to thump Greg.....
Old 9 Oct 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1428392)   #7
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
Yep thats why he charged up the hill to argue over what was in all reality a 50/50 situation. Damn those blokes who stop him winning championships.
Did you miss the bit I typed about INTERVIEWS after the incidents.

You should actually read a post before you reply to it.

I won't comment about your assesment of the incident as there is a topic for that but enough to say there hasn't been to many people actually stop him from winning Championships since he's been in V8's, is there?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1428655)   #8
houk
Rookie

houk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
I think Ambrose's temper will make him a 'personality' in NASCAR (that easy to irritate Australian fellow).

But it's good for all drivers to restrain themselves of course...
All the drivers in Nascar are easy to irritate when they are put into the wall.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 23:22 (Ref:1428879)   #9
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the interviews I saw, Ambrose got his point across without resorting to emtional attacks on Murf's character.... he did allow one throwaway line on it and then handled himself with dignity. As for the charging up the hill bit... I can't fault him for that either...
Old 9 Oct 2005, 23:40 (Ref:1428886)   #10
amiers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
i dont think the confrontation on the track can bee seen as anything other than emotion. they had both just had the chance to win the biggist race in country taken away from them. 99% of drivers would have gone off and to be fair to both they dont like each other to start with.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 23:49 (Ref:1428889)   #11
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry
In the interviews I saw, Ambrose got his point across without resorting to emtional attacks on Murf's character.... he did allow one throwaway line on it and then handled himself with dignity. As for the charging up the hill bit... I can't fault him for that either...
Nice post, Henry, and very well put.

As for charging up the hill, people be honest with yourselves, the heart-rate would have been back up about 160+ with massive amounts of adrenalin flowing after the re-start, Ambrose was almost put over the fence, had his car destroyed, his chance of winning the race finished, and his series points lead diminished.
I'm sorry, but the days of 'Gentleman Racer's' with tweed jacket & leather patches on their sleeves, saying "Tosh & Bother, my Motor is a bit broken" are long gone

Even the Pope would have been emotional enough to charge up the hill & vent his spleen.

To both their credit, neither were stupid enough to throw a punch, which would have descended the scene into total chaos, [unlike some un-named 2 lt drivers some years back @ Winton]
Old 10 Oct 2005, 00:06 (Ref:1428894)   #12
amiers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane

well put Uncle Canker.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 01:32 (Ref:1428963)   #13
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well from the footage (and I still have a copy if you are unsure) Ambrose clealy stormed up the hill to have a chat with the wildly animated Murphy after throwing the first "hand signal". Took about 15 seconds for Ambrose to get a word in between all the f you you little c all the time backing off, Ambrose was then the one to back off.

In the battle of the egos Murphy clearly thrashed Ambrose.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 03:10 (Ref:1429006)   #14
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookleft
Well from the footage (and I still have a copy if you are unsure) Ambrose clealy stormed up the hill to have a chat with the wildly animated Murphy after throwing the first "hand signal". Took about 15 seconds for Ambrose to get a word in between all the f you you little c all the time backing off, Ambrose was then the one to back off.

In the battle of the egos Murphy clearly thrashed Ambrose.
What a great victory it was too!

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 10 Oct 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1429240)   #15
plonkey
Racer

plonkey has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Murphy is full of his own importance and believes his own press.

Go back to NZ....they love you over there.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1429253)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
To both their credit, neither were stupid enough to throw a punch, which would have descended the scene into total chaos, [unlike some un-named 2 lt drivers some years back @ Winton]
The crowd watching the Superscreens were cheering as they saw Mr Ambrose head towards Mr Murphy (hoping no doubt there would be fisticuffs...)

With the anger the Pirtek driver showed as he ripped his helmet (and balaclava ) off, I thought he was going to throw it at Mr Murphy....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Oct 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1429289)   #17
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=GTRMagic]The crowd watching the Superscreens were cheering as they saw Mr Ambrose head towards Mr Murphy (hoping no doubt there would be fisticuffs...)

I was one of those people, memories of Bargs and Murph at Phillip Island few years ago Bring back the biff
Old 10 Oct 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1429392)   #18
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was suprised that Murphy wasn't going to punch out Ambrose's lights out when Ambrose gave Murphy the finger a few times
Old 10 Oct 2005, 11:01 (Ref:1429433)   #19
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's about time the handbag grew up I think it just burns him that he will never win a championship so he resorts to attacking Ambrose's character trying to create an image of him that simply isn't true to make himself look better.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1429468)   #20
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the way the body language was happening, it should be noted that it is (most often) the one that has been 'done wrong' that does the initial 'finger pointing' (courage of ones convictions).

This in mind, the driver of the #51 was out of the car and reviewing the havoc and made no attempt to 'confront' the driver of the #1 until the driver of the #1 approached the driver of the #51, even at this time - did not attempt to meet half way!

Conclusion - the driver of the #51 (subconciously) made no approach to the driver of #1 - (duduction - the driver of #51 realises he has done wrong). The driver of the #1 believes he has been 'done wrong' and becomes the aggressor.

So, on top of all the visual evidence, a good detective could bring in the 'profiler' and deduce....

...the driver of the #51 - GUILTY!
Old 10 Oct 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1429471)   #21
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murphy "It's an ego thing with him. I'll be glad to see the back of him when he goes to America."

Of course he is going to be happy to see him go to America, means he will be one position further up the field.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1429481)   #22
fordfan
Rookie

fordfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murphy does not have the mental toughness to ride the ups & downs for a full season to become champion. The guy is a very good driver but is weak as a wet paper bag mentally.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1429487)   #23
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort
Murphy "It's an ego thing with him. I'll be glad to see the back of him when he goes to America."

Of course he is going to be happy to see him go to America, means he will be one position further up the field.
Until they hand the keys of Car 4 to someone else, and then Murf's right back where he started...
Old 10 Oct 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1429524)   #24
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort

Quite possibily there is more than a hint of jealousy there;

In the same week that Mr Potato head has a(nother) sook, this time about A1 GP, Marcos was trying to win the 'Great Race', prior to his next 'Great Adventure' where he again head's overseas to try & conquor a brave new world of motorsport.
He might have had better results in Europe, save for lack of dollars.

Whereas Mr Potato Head, hasn't has the opprtunity (or possibily ability) to race in either Europe or North America; which means his International career is limited totally to the Antipodes.........
Old 10 Oct 2005, 12:37 (Ref:1429540)   #25
^temuchin^
Rookie

^temuchin^ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Camaroz]
Conclusion - the driver of the #51 (subconciously) made no approach to the driver of #1 - (duduction - the driver of #51 realises he has done wrong). The driver of the #1 believes he has been 'done wrong' and becomes the aggressor.
QUOTE]

I think Murf got out of the car thinking there was a red flag as the track was blocked and thinking his car was intact as it looked on telly. He seemed to be looking around the car and ready to report back to pits on what they needed to be replaced.

Murf needs to get together with little rick and realise one fast lap doesn't make you king of the mountain.