Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Oct 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1443318)   #1
davemullender
Rookie

davemullender should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The view from the car

For your amusement, an excert from a hilarious summary of one of our drivers year, he's had a few incidents to say the least, actually we worked out that the only panel left on his BMW at the end of the year which hadn't been replaced was the roof.

Quote:
On the subject of which.....I have to include an end of term report on all my friends in the orange suits. I've made so may new friends this year.

So..........they were very efficient at Brands Hatch ( shouted at me to get out which I thought was very domineering but whatever floats their boat ). (Ed: He was parked broadside in the middle of Clearways at the time with the field bearing down on him ).

At Silverstone they had quite a trek over the beach to reach me so were a bit out of breath but were still nice.

At Croix I can't really recall on account of the fact that my head was still spinning when I got out of the car but at least they weren't French so I was relieved.

And then at Pembrey they were so attentive; couldn't have done enough for me. Even offered to polish it but I said that was my job. Had some new fangled cradle thing to lift it onto the lorry which I found quite interesting you see.........anyway, I digress.
So, on behalf of a driver who's used you more than most this year, thankyou ladies and gentlemen, you are all stars

Dave

P.S.
If you see a red BMW 318i coming towards you next year, my advice would be........duck
Old 26 Oct 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1443875)   #2
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmmmmmm I dealt with a red 318 at Silverstone on Lap one. He jumped out and almost ran past us. We told him to get back in and we could push it out.

Very nice to read that. Thanks Dave
Old 26 Oct 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1443890)   #3
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marshals this year... I crash at Snet (90 left into armco on revett straight) Marshals say "are you ok?" I reply "fine" he replies "the corners a hundred yards that way mate" I saw the funny side. Then got grumpy because I realised how far the outside of revett is from civilisation.

Crash two, bouncy rolly bouncy through the woods at longcross as I was being strapped to the stretcher one of the marshals said to chris who I was co driving for "thats the problem with you Tarmac boys you think every where is an airfield - a few trees should teach you a lesson" I was suprised Chris didn't explode, being a fairly seasoned rallyist of all types, and the crash was caused by changes to the stage that had not been made clear to the crews.

Sometimes marshals should be careful what they say to people. But most of the time you lot do a stirling job. Keep it up.

More entertainment for you from me next year... new car - bigger spins.
Old 26 Oct 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1443898)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
You should post that over in the SELOC forum Dave, it will raise a laugh there too!
Old 26 Oct 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1443910)   #5
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins

Sometimes marshals should be careful what they say to people. But most of the time you lot do a stirling job. Keep it up.
Absolutely! I normally let the driver start any banter - otherwise they tend to cry!
Old 26 Oct 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1444296)   #6
davemullender
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
Hmmmmmmm I dealt with a red 318 at Silverstone on Lap one. He jumped out and almost ran past us. We told him to get back in and we could push it out.

Very nice to read that. Thanks Dave
Lap 1 at Silverstone.....yup, that'll be him Unfortunately although you pushed him out I think his car was doing an interesting crab impression for the rest of the lap so he retired. (but at least it saved another tow-truck)
Old 26 Oct 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1444545)   #7
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave, that car wouldn't have a 41 on it by any chance and nearly became very soggy at Mallory instead of being very crumpled.

That extract could raise some interesting comments on the BMWRDC forum.

Cheers
Ian
Old 27 Oct 2005, 00:43 (Ref:1444643)   #8
davemullender
Rookie

Hi Ian,

You're thinking of Stewart Laws in the Kumho BMWRDC championship I think, Red BMW but a 325 not a 318.

Dave

P.S. Wavey from Newbury, in Hungerford here
Old 28 Oct 2005, 08:12 (Ref:1445786)   #9
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel
Absolutely! I normally let the driver start any banter - otherwise they tend to cry!
Yes, I'm with DeadSquirrel on this one.

Check driver(s) for bodily injury and then wait and see how the SoH (if even present at the start of the day) has survived the crash.

Quote from one lovely driver: "A helicopter ride? I've always wanted one of those. Don't suppose the stewardess will be pretty though" (And he wasn't.)

Regards

Jim