Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Nov 2005, 06:05 (Ref:1470524)   #1
moses
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
moses should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring back the B-pillar

Racing room is an absolute joke. Do the race officials watch the same races that we do? Every time that we have seen an incident like that between Kelly and Richards today, it is the bloke that drives into a gap that isn't there that causes it. Never mind about the B-pillar, just drive into the rear quarter of the bloke in front of you and you will be rewarded. No more grey areas ruining good racing. Make it black and white again.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 06:13 (Ref:1470526)   #2
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have to say, that it was a very dubious call there, it seems like the officials have said that it is Ok to use your opponents cars as a brake.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 07:23 (Ref:1470545)   #3
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Richo clearly looked in the mirror coming out of turn one, and preceded to drive Todd into the grass into turn two. Why should Kelly have to back off and just let him have the position? He raced him for it, and typical Richards just drove him off the road.

I actually thought that Mr IPO was right on this one.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1470546)   #4
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Mr_Cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys think us officials have replays of the incident, NO cut us some slack we do it for free and we keep the sport going, Race Control have the final say, so speak to Mr. Schinken, we are there for fun, not to ruin one drivers race, simply just remember this, WE ARE VOLUNTEERS, it costs US money to work at these meetings, loosen the collar round our neck!
Old 26 Nov 2005, 08:08 (Ref:1470560)   #5
moses
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
moses should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cool
You guys think us officials have replays of the incident, NO cut us some slack we do it for free and we keep the sport going, Race Control have the final say, so speak to Mr. Schinken, we are there for fun, not to ruin one drivers race, simply just remember this, WE ARE VOLUNTEERS, it costs US money to work at these meetings, loosen the collar round our neck!
It was actually the guys in race control that I was referring to, not the real people that make these events possible. My concern is that we have seen a number of incidents this year that have had major influence on the outcome of the championship. Now I'm a Ford fan but believe that some of the decisions that have benefitted us were the wrong ones, and vice-versa. I for one would prefer race outcomes to be decided by a clean passing move, not by driving through the back of the car in front of you, and certainly not by questionable decisions from the IPO or DSO. My opinion I know but I dont think that I'm alone there.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 08:17 (Ref:1470566)   #6
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Mr_Cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah i understand what your saying that decisions have gone either way and are not consistant as they should be.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1470585)   #7
noodles
Rookie

noodles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In each of the two most recent debatable cases, Richo and Kelly today, and Ambrose/Murphy at Bathurst, the driver second in line has clearly been beaten coming out of the previous corner.

That being the case, why shouldn't we expect the second driver to yield somewhat, so that both cars can continue on in the race to be able to have another crack at each other. The way things are at the moment, both lose out.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1470603)   #8
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bring back the B pilar....

this racing room is garbage.....very grey and causes more arguments than satisfied outcomes.

as it was said before....drive into the guy in front of you and get rewarded....absolute garbage
Old 26 Nov 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1470610)   #9
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If nothing else, wing mirrors should be made compulsory equipment on both sides of the car...
Old 26 Nov 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1470611)   #10
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or, as it happened..
try to drive around the guy in front, have him block, and muscle past the idiot anyway.
Steven Richards deserves everything he gets.
has he ever yielded a position without trying to run someone off the road?
Old 26 Nov 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1470645)   #11
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeh Richo did squeeze Toddler onto the grass and eventually off the track, that is the second time Richo has punted someone off the track in the last three races.If he keeps this up he will catch Mr Potato Head (CH10 Golden Boy) who took another FORD out of the race today and got away scot free.
Who runs the penatly system in v8supertaxis.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Nov 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1470692)   #12
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having just watched 2 WTCC races on fox (while waiting for our coverage of today to start at 1040pm , but that is another issue don't get me started) it would appear that our racing is much cleaner. Almost every pass appeared to involve a little encouragement to go off line. It will be interesting to compare when I get to see todays race.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1470703)   #13
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
Who runs the penatly system in v8supertaxis.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
Idiots.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1470924)   #14
plonkey
Racer

plonkey has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Richo is one of the fairer drivers out there. He has had some cracker competitions with drivers over the years where we have witnessed very close racing without panel rubbing.

Kelly seems to be a little looser than Richo overall.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1471016)   #15
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But if they bring back the B Pillar rule then they won't be able to manipulate the results to have the Championship still up in the air till the very last round.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 00:10 (Ref:1471022)   #16
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing wrong with a little paint swapping, but when you've got guys who are not ceeding when they've fairly obviously been passed and you've got Race Control who are saying it's all above board, your quite simply going to continue to have the expensive crashes that we've seen time and time again.

If the overtaking car is past you to a point where the front of your car is at or behind their b-pillar it should be your duty to avoid major contact.

If your making a move under brakes, I think you've got to have less than half a car length between yourself and the car infront prior to braking to have any claim on the corner (no matter where the impact is) and the nose of your car must be at the b-pillar prior to contact (many a time where the passing car has been past the b-pillar but the contact has been made behind the b-pillar).

I think that's fairly straight forward and sensible.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 06:46 (Ref:1471167)   #17
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I watched the Sat race last night (will watch tonight again at 1040pm for the thirds most watched sport in australia) and I would have to say if Richo had been in the WTCC it would have been a racing incident. The difference is amazing, they seem to have the belief that if youa re having a go it is ok. To watch the F3 at Hockenheim today just reinforced how we are a repressed society when it comes to overtaking.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 22:05 (Ref:1471679)   #18
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say that this penalty was a joke. You see Richo look in the mirror to see where Todd is and in the split second has decided 'yes I'm past him again and I'll turn in' I think the fact that the fron of Todd's car hit Richo's rear wheel speaks volumes fo where the cars were positioned.

Apart from that, lets look at this logically. The driver of which car is going to have the best view of where the other car is positioned. The driver behind has a pretty clear unimpeeded view of what is in front of him. I've never sat in one but to me there appears to be a fair bit of crap in a V8 that would prevent a good rearward view from the drivers seat.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1472098)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did anyone see what Mr Morris got a drive thru penalty for in R2?

No...? Not because it happened in an ad break, and #10 thought it was so inconsequential that they didnt bother trying to fake the live move?

When the other party in the bump and grind comes to apologise and accept blame after the incident that the IPO charges you with..... why do we have the IPO we do?

How did the IPO make a determination without the camera footage from each car?

How does he make a judgement in a split second in a very marginal decision that needed a lot more thought and contemplation to understand intent and cause?

Because he is the IPO, the man who can do no wrong....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Nov 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1472144)   #20
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If drivers would only display a little bit of sportsmanship, rather than feeling compelled to force an untenable position right to its bitter and unfortunate - and more often than not avoidable - conclusion.

But then, if I had bacon, I'd have bacon and eggs.... if I had eggs...
Old 28 Nov 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1472424)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But the whole process of setting penalties is not right... the people in charge of the ivory tower on race weekends make decisions without being in full possession of the facts.... and when called upon to justify their position, have no real ability to redress a mistake they have made.

The cleverest response to this is to look at the incidents after the races, and make penalties post-race, with all the camera work, with submissions from all the people involved, and hopefully with a proper, consistent process to adjudge whether something is right or wrong, from a driver's perspective.

Quite how this series has an IPO who has not ever raced a car to any serious level is beyond me.... the HPDC series has Geoff Leeds who has a couple of dozen Bathurst starts to his name, Carrera Cup has a Bathurst winner in Mr Mezera looking at their driving standards... while the main series has a lawyer.............
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Nov 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1472545)   #22
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heck, I thought Colin Bond had won Bathurst and the Touring Car Championship. I thought that was good enough to be a driving standards adviser. Didn't know he was a lawyer though. Or are you GTR getting your IPO mixed up with your driving standards adviser
Old 29 Nov 2005, 01:57 (Ref:1472611)   #23
PFR
Rookie

PFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember similar problems with the B pillar rule. You could just drive down the inside and use the other cars front door to slow you down and make the pass.

I think the racing room rules are OK it just needs to be interpreted better.
Old 29 Nov 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1472791)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax
Heck, I thought Colin Bond had won Bathurst and the Touring Car Championship. I thought that was good enough to be a driving standards adviser. Didn't know he was a lawyer though. Or are you GTR getting your IPO mixed up with your driving standards adviser
The IPO charges the driver with the crime, and has the advice of the DSA to help with that, and can make judgements on his own.

In the most recent of cases, the IPO has made a call on his own, and stuffed it royally. But the general public will never find out because #10 never put the crash to air... nor discussed how the black car was somehow 20 places worse off from one lap to the other.

Its time for a change... last year we saw the departure of Mr Wigston, let us hope this year will see the departure of the incumbent....

I have a suggestion.... how about Mr Seton get the IPO gig.... very very experienced at all the circuits round the country... knows what its like to drive a junkheap... so could understand all about cars washing out their front ends at speed...

Could well be an inspired choice
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Nov 2005, 21:55 (Ref:1473410)   #25
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
" The Baby Faced Assassin Judge"

LOVE YOUR WORK GTR.