Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Old 26 Nov 2005, 07:39 (Ref:1470549)   #1
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On-line part life and inventory application.

Hi,

I built this as a side project to help get my head around some new fangled technology I was due to implement for a client and thought it may be useful to a few of you on here.

Effectively it's a part life and inventory management tool. It allows you to keep track of parts and groups of parts across multiple vehicles and see how many miles/km or hours they've done.

You can set warnings by distance, time, date (useful for say FIA items that expire, or extinguishers) or any combination of the above (i.e. whichever exceeds your threshold first). You'll be able to view all of this stuff on-line or export to Excel, but the system will also generate a weekly email (on Sundays, usually) alerting you of any impending maintenance. The idea eventually, being that you can generate service schedules etc. from this data.

There's not a great deal in the way of on-line help or assistance at the moment (that's coming), but it's pretty straightforward, oh and IT'S FREE. So if you think it may be useful please feel free to set up an account and have a mook around.

Anyway, the site is here http://www.runningtime.co.uk

I'd appreciate it if any comments/suggestions could emailed to the addresses on the site, there's still a bit of work to be done on the site but how much of it and how quickly it gets done depends on how much people ask for it I guess

Oh, and for the real techno nerds, the site is entirely written using the JBoss EJB3 implementation and is one of the first production sites using this. Hopefully, JBoss will be making an announcement to this effect next week.