Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Dec 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1491555)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Race sharing-A sign of the times?

The German GP is to possibly alternate between Hockenheim and the Nurburgring.Here. Is this something that could become international as well as national?
Old 29 Dec 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1491556)   #2
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will have to. There are too many GPs such that one can no longer justify having 2 GPs in the same country during the same f1 season.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1491559)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
It will have to. There are too many GPs such that one can no longer justify having 2 GPs in the same country during the same f1 season.
Well perhaps it was only a matter of time as regards national GPs.But what about the likes of China alternating with say Malaysia.There are so many countries lining up for a GP i think this may become a common place thing in the future.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1491561)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
BE is all for it.http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=106261
Old 29 Dec 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1491562)   #5
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Well perhaps it was only a matter of time as regards national GPs.But what about the likes of China alternating with say Malaysia.There are so many countries lining up for a GP i think this may become a common place thing in the future.
For mid or long term, I fear that chances are greater to see GPs alternating between countries in Europe and North America than within Asia.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1491564)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its been done before. Through the '70's, the British GP alternated between Brands Hatch and Silverstone. The German GP went back and forth from Hockenheim to the Nurburgring from 1970 until settling at Hockenheim in 77. The French GP went from Rouen, Rhiems, and Clermont Ferrand. Canada from St Jovite to Mosport from 67 through 74.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1491565)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by EERO
Its been done before. Through the '70's, the British GP alternated between Brands Hatch and Silverstone. The German GP went back and forth from Hockenheim to the Nurburgring from 1970 until settling at Hockenheim in 77. The French GP went from Rouen, Rhiems, and Clermont Ferrand. Canada from St Jovite to Mosport from 67 through 74.
Nationally,sure it has.But internationally it would be a whole new ball game.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1491573)   #8
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I say alternate between Magny-Cours and Hungaroring each year - then we only get one seriously horrible & boring older circuit each year instead of two!
Old 29 Dec 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1491582)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
with the amount of money needed to build, maintain and upgrade tracks, who would want to sign up for a race if they can't get that race there every year.

also why would someone be willing to give up their race to a another track in their own country if the other group cant even run a race at a profit.

i understand that others want in so just limit it to one race per country and have that race go to the highest bidder provided each bidder meets a minimum requirement of facilities etc.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1491636)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be better to each country have only one race, and I think there should be more races in the Americas, like Mexico and Argentina.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1491642)   #11
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
probably, but i agree with some of you that it should be one gp per nation per season. They really should bring back the old Hockenheimring.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1491650)   #12
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think alternating like that is a good idea. But really it's the European GP that needs alternating. If there was to be one German race, would Imola become the European GP? Or would it rotate around different, deserving venues? There are some good tracks in Europe that aren't being used.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1491651)   #13
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I can't see that happening.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 23:08 (Ref:1491691)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The German GP is to possibly alternate between Hockenheim and the Nurburgring.Here. Is this something that could become international as well as national?
A sign of the times? Last time this sort of thing happened it was from an era everyone thought was a golden era.

Are we falling over ourselves to find the awfullness of the modern era, or did we miss what was actually good about the good times?
Old 29 Dec 2005, 23:27 (Ref:1491706)   #15
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
A sign of the times? Last time this sort of thing happened it was from an era everyone thought was a golden era.

Are we falling over ourselves to find the awfullness of the modern era, or did we miss what was actually good about the good times?
Good Question. The golden era was a time when driving was left up to the drivers. The modern is the technology battle coupled with driving talent. at the end of the day, you can;t really compare the two
Old 29 Dec 2005, 23:37 (Ref:1491712)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I didn't think I'd bend the thread that much! Perhaps we are all going to die.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 23:54 (Ref:1491714)   #17
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well I didn't think I'd bend the thread that much! Perhaps we are all going to die.
From thread bending? I'd like to see how!

The new shaped Hockenheim and the new-ish Nurburgring are both so bland that I could care less whether I see them each once a year or once every other year....

I would say that Hockenhiem puts on marginally better races but it's still not the best of tracks.

I often wonder why, back in the day, Brands Hatch or Donington didn't join in with the p**s take "GP of San Marino" "GP of Europe" type idea and stage a "GP of Wales" or "GP of Scotland" or something.....well, if it's good enough for the Germans and Italians!
Old 30 Dec 2005, 01:08 (Ref:1491734)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Perhaps we are all going to die.
Sign of the times... we are all going to die...

I've read it somewhere before.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 07:55 (Ref:1491787)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47
I often wonder why, back in the day, Brands Hatch or Donington didn't join in with the p**s take "GP of San Marino" "GP of Europe" type idea and stage a "GP of Wales" or "GP of Scotland" or something.....well, if it's good enough for the Germans and Italians!
? Whenever there were two GP in Britain in one year the other one was always called the European GP.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1491789)   #20
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
maybe go to Australia once every two years
Old 30 Dec 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1491814)   #21
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
German Races to merge?

According to BBCi this morning there is a report that the two German F1 races will be merged as Hockenhiem could be bankrupt by April and the Nurburgring attendances have been falling since the peak of 350,000 a few years ago.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1491820)   #22
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm... Bernie will come and save the day perhaps?
Old 30 Dec 2005, 09:46 (Ref:1491822)   #23
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Appalling that the German fans these days appear to be so blinkered that they are only interested if a German has a shot at winning.

But Germany does not deserve 2 races anyway, so this is a Good Thing.

And I would love it if Hockenheim went bust as a result of *******izing the circuit. Serve them right.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1491828)   #24
safc_fan89
Veteran

How will 'merging' the races help? Perhaps if the circuits didn;t have to pay to host an F1 race, there would be no problems.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1491829)   #25
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, what Bernie charges to host an F1 meeting is ridiculous.