Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 2 Feb 2006, 18:22 (Ref:1514365)   #1
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Uddeholm Swedish Rally 2006

Tomorrow the second race of 2006 chamnpionship is starting at its only snow event. Today Carlsson set the fastest time at Shakedown after a nervous tuesday morning for. Before the recce started, all of his competitors had to say OK to his start in the Mitsubishi Lancer WRC. The verdict was: yes, you can rally. FIA has therefore given the organiser green light lo let Daniel Carlsson start Uddeholm Swedish Rally.

I found very little interest in WRC at these huge forums and I still don´t know why.
Old 2 Feb 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1514395)   #2
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll go along with that. I always try to listen to the live radio from http://www.wrc.com/page/Welcome whenever I can.
I don't think you'd have F1 letting in a potential front runner in like that.
Old 3 Feb 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1514634)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The Swedish rally is probably my favourite event of the WRC calendar

It's good to see that everyone agreed to let Carlsson start - certainly an unusual situation.

After SS1 Gronholm leads from Loeb. Solberg already has mechanical trouble
Old 3 Feb 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1514890)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
After stage 4 the top ten is as follows:

1. Marcus Gronholm BP Ford Focus RS WRC 06
2. Sebastien Loeb Kronos Citroen Xsara WRC 06
3. Mikko Hirvonen BP Ford Focus RS WRC 06
4. Gigi Galli Mitsubishi Lancer WRC05
5. Daniel Carlsson Mitsubishi Lancer WRC05
6. Mattias Ekstrom Red Bull Skoda Fabia WRC 05
7. Janne Tuohino Citroen Xsara
8. Kristian Sohlberg Subaru Impreza WRC
9. Manfred Stohl OMV Peugeot Norway 307 WRC
10. Henning Solberg OMV Peugeot Norway 307 WRC

Petter Solberg is 19th.
Old 3 Feb 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1515145)   #5
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too bad I can't be out there in the snow cheering on this year. I had a blast last year.

Nice to see two swedes up there, not something we're used to in WRC.

Heard an interview with Ekström that his team boss had told him to drive on the safe side. Ekström said he might forget about that order tomorrow and go for it.
Old 4 Feb 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1515299)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzen
Too bad I can't be out there in the snow cheering on this year. I had a blast last year.
I'm not jealous at all! Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzen
Heard an interview with Ekström that his team boss had told him to drive on the safe side. Ekström said he might forget about that order tomorrow and go for it.
Excellent! That's what we need - more drivers just going for it After all, with 'super rally' it doesn't matter quite so much if you throw it into the scenery.
Old 4 Feb 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1515396)   #7
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Ekström's losing time today though...
Old 5 Feb 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1516256)   #8
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Gronholm!<br />
<br />
Even BIGGER congrats to Carlsson for finishing a very creditable 3rd,
especially for only being allowed to enter in the rally two days before
the event!

Last edited by B Friendly; 5 Feb 2006 at 22:32. Reason: Extra, unwanted info posted
Old 5 Feb 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1516268)   #9
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great drive from Grondholm, very impressive. An enthralling battle between Galli and Carlsson for the third place. Well deserved for Daniel in the end though to pip Gigi.

Subaru - bloody unlucky really. Petter's woes were tragic, and Chris' skirmishes shows he perhaps isn't an Ice man

Couldn't believe the kind of air those guys got, especially Hirvonen in the Focus. Jesus. A site for behold. A good rally, and the ITV coverage - was slightly improved in my opinion.
Old 6 Feb 2006, 08:59 (Ref:1516421)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Another good result for Gronholm (and Ford), Loeb and the Mitsubishis were impressive too. Bit of a nightmare for Subaru really, they're already well off the pace in the points table - two events into the season and they're already trailing badly
Old 6 Feb 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1516438)   #11
FREE996
Rookie

United Kingdom
Swindon Wiltshire
FREE996 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody else hate the new WRC format on ITV?

I can only hope that the superbikes program isn't the same style
Old 6 Feb 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1516552)   #12
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The covereage is more of a magazine type show, as they spent some time telling us who Chris Atkinson was! Plus the tone at times was rather too condisending.