Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 10 Feb 2006, 15:49 (Ref:1519719)   #1
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fat Car II

Erwin Wurm's second interpretation of his Fat Car theme is a Porsche.

I bet they are really happy about this in Stuttgart.

If you haven't seen it before, here's the original, from 2001:

Old 10 Feb 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1519796)   #2
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see the original, but the Porsche is hilarious. I want to see a Chrysler 300 done up like this.
Old 10 Feb 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1519849)   #3
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These cars need to do several laps of the Nordschliefe...
Old 10 Feb 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1519917)   #4
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflagger
I want to see a Chrysler 300 done up like this.
A Chrysler 300 already looks like this.
Old 10 Feb 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1519921)   #5
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
A Chrysler 300 already looks like this.
Well, yes. That's what I was thinking. What can you do with a car that is already seriously fat?
Old 10 Feb 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1519944)   #6
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
"Bloat my ride!"
Old 11 Feb 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1520222)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Folks this really belongs to Bluebottle in the Road Car forum. I'll leave a link here though.

FWIW I think the Chrysler 300 is one of the best cars to come out of Chrysler Benz for many years.
Old 11 Feb 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1520256)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Folks this really belongs to Bluebottle in the Road Car forum. I'll leave a link here though.
No it doesn't - these aren't road cars! Don't let that stop you, though.
Old 11 Feb 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1520259)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
FWIW I think the Chrysler 300 is one of the best cars to come out of Chrysler Benz for many years.
It is surprisingly good. Looks great with a sport/Bentley grill! Just don't show it a corner.

Actually I'd love to race one...
Old 11 Feb 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1520288)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria

You're right, I'll just live with it, Please.
Old 11 Feb 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1520503)   #11
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
It is surprisingly good. Looks great with a sport/Bentley grill! Just don't show it a corner.

Actually I'd love to race one...
Can't see it getting round the Mallory hairpin too well.

BTW, is that another interpritation of the "Jellymould"?
Old 12 Feb 2006, 00:45 (Ref:1520635)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
In actual fact, they don't move, they are sculptures.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1521012)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would probably run out of fuel half way up eau rouge!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1521018)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah but that's only 'cos they're sculptures though.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1521299)   #15
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
These cars need to do several laps of the Nordschliefe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
"Bloat my ride!"

I can honestly say I have never seen anything like these before!!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1521311)   #16
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
and the reason for doing these....?

What was the white car originally?
Old 13 Feb 2006, 00:49 (Ref:1521445)   #17
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Ah but that's only 'cos they're sculptures though.
Yes and to most people that's pretty evident. But of course, they carry license plates! - Slap a license plate on Nelson's Column and that makes it - hmmm... - that's in a no parking area now, right? - it'll get towed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
and the reason for doing these....?
Art.
Social/political statement.
Or just the heck of it.

Quote:
What was the white car originally?
I think it was a Mitsubishi Lancer but I honestly don't know for certain. It's actually flesh coloured btw - looks even more, erm, impressive in real life.