Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

View Poll Results: Where will you be on Bank Holiday Sunday?
Brands Hatch, A1GP 16 17.02%
Donington LMES 7 7.45%
Mallory Park, MGCC 13 13.83%
Mondello Park 1 1.06%
Oulton Park, HSCC 14 14.89%
Silverstone, 750MC 10 10.64%
Hillclimb - either Gurston (British championship) or Harewood 7 7.45%
Other circuit, kart or motorsport event 10 10.64%
Away on holiday 8 8.51%
With family or other non-motorsport 8 8.51%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Feb 2006, 23:26 (Ref:1528444)   #1
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The busiest week-end of the year?

I've finally started sorting out my season, and my eyes have particularly been drawn to August Bank Holiday, especially the Sunday. Since this is prime holiday time and pressure is on for many people to spend time with families, there are two international meetings and no less than 11 other meetings listed on Julian's site - there may be more.

With the merits of both A1GP and LMES having ben discussed at length last year for the quality of the meeting and the treatment of the marshals, not to mention the two circuit's general reputations and ability to bring in marshals, I seriously wonder how Donington will manage to staff the circuit safely.

So with this in mind, and assuming the question wasn't asked by the relevant bodies, how will you be spending August Bank Holiday Sunday?
Old 21 Feb 2006, 23:33 (Ref:1528452)   #2
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Havent the slightest idea...
Best consult my secretary....

I'm hoping it will be at a motorsport event somewhere but if all else fails then somewhere on holiday(but not too far from a motorsport event )

In Edit...

Voted for other circuit/event cause I'm sure I got summat planned for then..
Old 21 Feb 2006, 23:34 (Ref:1528454)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crikey, you're quick - I was still composing the poll!
Old 21 Feb 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1528484)   #4
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Crikey, you're quick - I was still composing the poll!

I wondered why I didnt see the options......
Old 22 Feb 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1528675)   #5
alec
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheltenham
alec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming it's the last weekend in August, i'll be having a weekend off between the nationals at (The world Famous) Shelsley, and Prescott. Then back to Shelsley the weekend after. Of course, you won't know this yet, as i've filled out the forms and filed them under M for Mahoosive-pile-of-stuff-i'll-sort-out-later.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1528954)   #6
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be at Pembrey form some two-wheeled action.

BMCRC/MRO Saturday/Sunday and Supermoto on the Monday.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 12:06 (Ref:1528999)   #7
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I'm a GIT, so I'll be at Gurston.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1529017)   #8
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone for the 2 day 750MC - one of the best club meetings in the county IMHO. Sometimes get something to do too!!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1529024)   #9
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely Oulton, all those fantastic old cars including old grand prix machines and for 3 whole days!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1529026)   #10
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory (MGCC) on the sunday, having been at Silverstone (750MC) for the Saturday, combining my two favourite clubs in the same weekend.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1529030)   #11
garybirch
Racer

England
Taunton, Somerset UK
garybirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really wanted to do the A1GP this year but can only do the Monday 28th of that weekend, so really annoyed they moved it from the weekend before.
So on Monday 28th, I shall be at Castle Combe.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1529044)   #12
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also at Combe on the Monday ,nothing planned for Sat/Sun as yet
Old 22 Feb 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1529153)   #13
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
At the minute I'll probably be at the Gold Cup for all three days. However, last year I only did Saturday and Monday, and on the Sunday itself I was at a kart meeting. As the question refers to the Sunday, my answer might change in a few months time!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1529154)   #14
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sat/Sun at Brands, Monday at Combe!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1529243)   #15
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sat/Sunday Clerking @ Silverstone, On Monday I'll walk up the road & go 'on the bank' doing whatever for the Classic sports Car Club.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1529268)   #16
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As B1ackcrOw says , Im a G.I.T too so Gurston for me sat/sun and Combe on Monday
Old 23 Feb 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1529831)   #17
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it's the age old problem. No-one at MSA will have the b***s to say you can't all hold meetings, especially internationals, on the same date. I did A1GP last year and thoroughly enjoyed it; I love big sportscars; I also love the Gold Cup. Why have I got to choose when there are 51 other fr****g weekends during the year? It's time somebody at the MSA woke up and sorted the problem, but so long as they're getting their fees why should they care? I know, we've gone down this route before and I don't want to stir things up again but I get so annoyed that no-one wants to address the problem.

As for the weekend, probably Saturday, Oulton; Sunday, Donington; Monday. Oulton again. At least I can get two out of three of the meetings I want to do.
Old 23 Feb 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1529860)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
The poll is also picking up on the fact that this is a busy time in other ways. So far 15% of respondents aren't available to marshal anywhere. If that extrapolates across all marshals there's a heck of a lot of people taken out of the pool.
Old 23 Feb 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1529865)   #19
blackx
Veteran

England
Having checked with my secratary I find I am between meetings....

Hmmmmmm.......Must do something about that or my vote will be false...
Old 23 Feb 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1529903)   #20
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
So far 15% of respondents aren't available to marshal anywhere.
17.91% at the moment - exactly the same number as will be at Oulton. Statistics, doncha just love 'em!
Old 24 Feb 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1530618)   #21
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
There's rallycross at Lydden on the Monday (just to add a bit more action to the weekend )
Old 24 Feb 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1530633)   #22
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I hate to be a merchant of doom. But Donnington LMES should really be competing with Oulton, SStone and Mallory for that weekend. It looks a bit moribund at the minute.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1530696)   #23
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be doing the Saturday and Sunday at the A1GP meeting at Brands Hatch and the Monday at Oulton for the Gold Cup on the way back up north.

In reality I wish the A1GP, LMES and the Gold Cup were all on different weekends so that I could marshal at all 3.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 24 Feb 2006, 18:48 (Ref:1530833)   #24
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a difficult decision in many ways, but loyalty to MGCC won over and that's where I'll be, unless Mallory do a Brands on us!!
Old 24 Feb 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1530840)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1
In reality I wish the A1GP, LMES and the Gold Cup were all on different weekends so that I could marshal at all 3.
Don't we all. Actually, I'd be happy if they were all on the same different week-end because at least I'd be able to get to one of them...