Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Mar 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1539830)   #1
crgmichael
Rookie

crgmichael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ff zetec vs irish spec vees

I am looking into moving out of karts after this year and want to get as much info as possible which would be a better class to be in if you want to move through the ranks all help is welcome
Old 7 Mar 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1539835)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You might get more useful feedback on this in the Club Level Single Seaters forum.

Presumably you are based in Ireland, given the Irish Vee question. You seem to be comparing an odd couple of formulae given there is no real opportunity to race Zetecs/Duratecs in Ireland, but there is the opportunity to race FF1600.

Where are you looking to do your racing and what do you want to get out of it? Recreation or a career?
Old 7 Mar 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1539852)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you're going to race in Ireland and are coming out of Karts and wish to go down the single seater route in Ireland then Zetec is a dead duck.

Do a season in Vees, bigger grids, plenty of racing and also the chance of multiple races per day (qualifier and final).

If you've the budget then Sheane is really the only other competetive single seater class. FF1600 is a bit fragmented but then you'd also have a car you could race in UK meetings if you had the budget to cross the water now and then.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 22:49 (Ref:1539867)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would say that FF1600 is less fragmented than it was even a couple of years ago thanks to the efforts of the committee and grids are on the up in terms of quality and quantity. As MagnetON says, with FF1600 you will have a car that you can race in the UK too, especially in the high-profile end of season spectaculars. Many Irish drivers already do this, and we love them for it.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1539870)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

The other thing to consider, I guess, is this Formula Five - but I have yet to see how that is shaping up.
Old 8 Mar 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1540595)   #6
crgmichael
Rookie

well hopefully for a career which class would prepair me more before i go abroad ,
Old 8 Mar 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1540716)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vee is a growing category, teaches you bout close racing (too close perhaps in ireland) and overtaking - something a lot of slick and wings boy need to learn.

I'm also very taken with FBMW but think its stupidly overriced
Old 8 Mar 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1540726)   #8
crgmichael
Rookie

what do you think is the best chassis for vees was looking at the leastones what would the bugets be like for a front runner in vees 10 15k whats the driving abilty like in fbmw thanks in advance
Old 10 Mar 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1542968)   #9
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Vee is a growing category, teaches you bout close racing (too close perhaps in ireland) and overtaking - something a lot of slick and wings boy need to learn.

I'm also very taken with FBMW but think its stupidly overriced
FBMW will teach a young driver a lot about the presentational and marketing aspects of motorsport. On the basis of the races I've seen in it though the cars have a bit too much grip and not enough power -- they're OK somewhere like Thruxton where they're essentially flat-out but elsewhere they're often a bit boring to watch because of too much tyre and wing.