Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Mar 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1550850)   #1
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Planetlemans Website v2

Sander, congratulations with your new website.

The black and white header photos look fantastic. You can see all of them here
Old 17 Mar 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1550854)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was just going to post to say "well done on adding an RSS link" as I think it's an excellent way of keeping people upto date with the site, when I noticed that my ten-tenths settings have automatically picked up a PlanetLeMans 'skin'. Bit sneaky that...
Old 17 Mar 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1550863)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very smart!!
Old 17 Mar 2006, 08:48 (Ref:1550869)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
I was just going to post to say "well done on adding an RSS link" as I think it's an excellent way of keeping people upto date with the site, when I noticed that my ten-tenths settings have automatically picked up a PlanetLeMans 'skin'. Bit sneaky that...
I've actually been using the Planetlemans skin since I first joined 10 Tenths so I didn't suffer a 'skin change', but what on earth is an RSS link. I clicked on it and got a page of what looked like complete rubbish. Can someone enlighten me please?
Old 17 Mar 2006, 08:58 (Ref:1550880)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RSS is the best.

For a clever answer, read the BBC's 'what is RSS?' article => http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3223484.stm or something I've written for someone else => http://www.richmond-racing.co.uk/what_is_rss.html

For a quick answer read on.... RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication" and is becoming a popular feature on News and 'blog' sites. As you've seen it is just an XML formatting of the site's headlines. You need to have an RSS Reader tool, either through your browser or as a standalone program. I've used a tool called "Awasu" in the past but now use a Firefox (my internet browser) plugin that does the job.

The RSS reader will scan the list of feeds you have setup and alert you to ones that have been updated since you last read them.

It is a good way of keeping track of websites that are updated regularly but at irregular intervals, such as people's blogs or a motorracing news site that gets chunks of news after a race meeting but is 'silent' at other times.

It's an excellent feature once you put in a few minutes effort to set up your reader, and will definitely get more widespread when it gets added as a feature in one of the upcoming MS Explorer releases.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 09:10 (Ref:1550890)   #6
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion

I'll thank you for the compliment gwyllion...I was part of that change as well and am happy to see many positive reactions. Think Sander is busy at the office doing non-Planetlemans things right now...
Old 17 Mar 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1550911)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Truckosaurus, thank you for taking the time to explain!

I shall explore.......
Old 17 Mar 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1550925)   #8
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseGT1
Think Sander is busy at the office doing non-Planetlemans things right now...
I seriously doubt it, I have not seen him around....

Well done gentlemen, you have further evolved what already was a top notch site. Good layout and (as usual) a great photo coverage.
Goed gedaan jongens!
Old 17 Mar 2006, 10:04 (Ref:1550940)   #9
EliseGT1
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
I seriously doubt it, I have not seen him around....

Well done gentlemen, you have further evolved what already was a top notch site. Good layout and (as usual) a great photo coverage.
Goed gedaan jongens!
No really...he is !!!

Dankjewel voor het compliment ! Thanks...
Old 17 Mar 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1550972)   #10
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
I think all 10-10ths websites do that
Old 17 Mar 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1550982)   #11
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think it's called affiliate styles
you can change it .. scroll down and in the left bottom corner ..

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Mar 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1550996)   #12
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
i think it's called affiliate styles
you can change it .. scroll down and in the left bottom corner ..
But, this is the first time my skin has changed automatically without accessing the site through the affilliate (although I'm using Firefox, so the two sites were both 'open' within the same window)
Old 17 Mar 2006, 12:23 (Ref:1551037)   #13
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
did you click on the link in the website ??

http://tentenths.com/forum/forumdisp...=7&styleid=180

notice the styleid=180 .. once you enter through a style . it defaults itself until you change it. .

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Mar 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1551047)   #14
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I just check the photo gallery navigation system. It rocks.

I start to suspect Sander is doing web design for a living
Old 17 Mar 2006, 13:23 (Ref:1551081)   #15
EliseGT1
Racer

Quote:
I just check the photo gallery navigation system. It rocks.

I start to suspect Sander is doing web design for a living
That is the art of acting like you do something for your profession...
Old 17 Mar 2006, 13:23 (Ref:1551082)   #16
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
did you click on the link in the website ??
Nope. I had ten-tenths open in one tab at this thread, then clicked the link to PLM (which opened in a new tab), I then switched back to the original 10/10ths tab and pressed the 'reply' button which opened using the PLM 'skin'. So, as far as I can tell I did nothing to activate the skin or access 10ths via PLM.

Actually I quite like the PLM skin, it's just annoying that I got no say in the matter.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1551118)   #17
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
there must be something you're missing .. but hey . no harm done . as I say , you can always change it

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Mar 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1551130)   #18
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
there must be something you're missing ..
How very dare you!
Old 17 Mar 2006, 14:19 (Ref:1551136)   #19
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
no no no .. i didn't say that . .. well . i did . but didn't mean that

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Mar 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1551156)   #20
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

Thanks gwylion (and others)! Yes, it was time for a change. We are quite happy with the results given that none of the team members (and that includes me) has a lot of experience building websites. But that just translates in hours of work.

We have dropped 'Le Mans for Dummies', the polls and some other stuff to concentrate on news and images. If people are willing to assist we can bring these pages back online. Most of the questions are covered in depth on this forum anyway.

We will be on location at all LMS events, Le Mans and a selection of ALMS and FIA GT events and update the site from there.

The wallpapers and links to some of our favorite sites such as DSC, Mariantic, Infos Course and others will be online per next week. We will remove the redirect script as well.

We have added RSS. IE 7.0 and Firefox (click on the orange button in the address bar to add live bookmarks) both support this but also check-out the new MSN screensaver with RSS support!

As far as I can remember the TT forum works with cookies. When you enter via PLM a cookie is stored on your PC. The next time you visit TT (without going via PLM) the website checks if the TT cookie exists and uses the template stored.

Thanks again!

To Gabriel: I am in the UTO office today. Busy answering RFP's. But it looks like we will move to your office soon!
Old 17 Mar 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1551191)   #21
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
As far as I can remember the TT forum works with cookies. When you enter via PLM a cookie is stored on your PC. The next time you visit TT (without going via PLM) the website checks if the TT cookie exists and uses the template stored.
I had that "problem" since the beginning of your site. If I visit your site and enter the 10/10th site later (not especially via plm) the skin has changed to the plm-skin.
Its only with the planetlemans site, not for example with Aysedasi's site. And also I have this problem only on the computer at my work (Windows XP prof. and it started when I still had Windows NT) not at home (also XP but the home version). I tried several things to solve the problem but didn't find the solution. But it doesn't bother me anymore actually.

Great site, great pics. Keep on going.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 23:00 (Ref:1551527)   #22
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
To Gabriel: I am in the UTO office today. Busy answering RFP's. But it looks like we will move to your office soon!
My office seems to be on a plane lately but I will happily welcome you back to the old HQ after the summer (when rumor has it you will be returning)