Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Mar 2006, 06:10 (Ref:1560818)   #1
plonkey
Racer

plonkey has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Murphy

He would still be racing if he was able to lift iff to conserve.
A mirror image of BAthurst as far as I am concened.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 06:14 (Ref:1560826)   #2
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
if that was the case he'd be the only one as the race finished a while ago
Old 26 Mar 2006, 06:14 (Ref:1560829)   #3
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plonkey
He would still be racing if he was able to lift iff to conserve.
A mirror image of BAthurst as far as I am concened.

No Comment
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Mar 2006, 06:16 (Ref:1560832)   #4
plonkey
Racer

plonkey has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It hasn't finished on my TV yet..QLD
Old 26 Mar 2006, 06:30 (Ref:1560846)   #5
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jamie Wincup wins the race
one hellava life
Old 26 Mar 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1561340)   #6
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
makes a mistake the corner before, gets passed, red mist, refuses to give up a lost cause - does sound familiar!!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1561517)   #7
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
makes a mistake the corner before, gets passed, red mist, refuses to give up a lost cause - does sound familiar!!
Sure does.
I used to be a fan of his even though he drove a Holden.
It getting harder and harder to defend his stupid actions.
Ingall didn't give him alot of room to move back into line, but it seems 'Mr Potatoe Head' put himself in that position.
Got a huge amount of respect though for Skaifes actions after this needless accident.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1561594)   #8
dddlc
Rookie

Australia
NSW, Australia
dddlc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
Got a huge amount of respect though for Skaifes actions after this needless accident.
Ditto from me on that comment. Skaife isn't one who I normally follow or like, but he had every right to go up and snot Mr. Potato Head. He didn't do anything except help Murphy out of the car.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1561598)   #9
Cool Phil
Rookie

Cool Phil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If trying to pass in motor sport is a mistake I need to watch golf. At lest Murph had a go and entertained us. I bet he knew he was introuble before he got to that cornner but who backs off in motor sport. Yes he should have lifted his foot but that is easy to say now. Sorry Skaife there is another day all the best for Puke
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1561615)   #10
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did I miss something, why would Skaife want to punch Murphy. Skaife pranged all on his own, he was out wide too, the only thing Murphy did wrong was that he was in front of Skaife and Skaife had to hit the brakes to avoid hitting Murphy up the arse.

You would have thought that Skaife would know not to be out that wide on that corner.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1561663)   #11
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have only just stopped laughing....... what a dropkick.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1561664)   #12
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml2777
Did I miss something, why would Skaife want to punch Murphy. Skaife pranged all on his own, he was out wide too, the only thing Murphy did wrong was that he was in front of Skaife and Skaife had to hit the brakes to avoid hitting Murphy up the arse.

You would have thought that Skaife would know not to be out that wide on that corner.
He did hit Murphy up the tail, th ebonnet of the #2 HRT Simsmetal reject was well pushed up and damaged.

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1561695)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
him and dumbrell were level all the way from turn 7 and then just before the braking zone murph had backed off because his nose was level with dumbrells backdoor bu could not slot in because ingall gave him no room.even skaife said that and skaife was in the best position to see that.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1561702)   #14
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
Sure does.
I used to be a fan of his even though he drove a Holden.
It getting harder and harder to defend his stupid actions.
Ingall didn't give him alot of room to move back into line, but it seems 'Mr Potatoe Head' put himself in that position.
Well maybe - just maybe - Skaife has been like this all along? Its why I'm a fan of him. He's a top bloke. I can see people wouldn't have liked his dominance or abrasiveness but to attack him personally as has happened over the years (not saying you're one) is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddlc
Ditto from me on that comment. Skaife isn't one who I normally follow or like, but he had every right to go up and snot Mr. Potato Head. He didn't do anything except help Murphy out of the car.
No one has a right to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hml2777

You need to watch the footage again to get the real story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
him and dumbrell were level all the way from turn 7 and then just before the braking zone murph had backed off because his nose was level with dumbrells backdoor bu could not slot in because ingall gave him no room.even skaife said that and skaife was in the best position to see that.
100% correct. Look at the footage again. Ingall is weaving around like a maniac and into turn 8 Murphy didn't have many outs.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1561711)   #15
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
100% correct. Look at the footage again. Ingall is weaving around like a maniac and into turn 8 Murphy didn't have many outs.
That's what I was trying to put across in my last post RotorFan
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:29 (Ref:1561714)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
and well done to skaife also if it was the other way round murph would do the same or anyone else in that matter.takes me back to CL's smash at calder in 1999 (much worse) but neally everyone stoped to help and was watching my hrt year review video the other day and murph was first on the scene.but even if you don't really get along with the bloke you would help him for example (murph and ambrose) or (skaife and ingall).
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1561718)   #17
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddlc
What bugged me was that on TEN, Crackers Diffey was expecting a confrontation and was almost willing a punch up.

He sounded a tad disappointed that World Championship Wrestling didn't start...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1561729)   #18
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
exactly right AP they want entertainment thats why they intrduced reverse grids i think punch ups is a bit over the top and after the race most of the blokes get on well.After the race skaife nd murph probablly had a talk about it and settled their differences on the matter at hand.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 00:11 (Ref:1561754)   #19
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I think a few people need to watch this video again clearly...Murf has nobody to blame but himself - Ingall was 4 or 5 car lengths back and no threat to him getting back on line. In any case, he should have done it much earlier when it was clear that Dumb-bell had the better run out of 7. I (seemingly one of the few and I'n a Ford man at that) like Murf because he is an out and out racer but it's also the thing (in a Gilles Villeneuve kind of way) that stops him from being more successful. He just does not know when to take the conservative route. However, the sport would be mighty boring without him.

As for Skaife, I think he was going to have an accident all by himself regardless of Murf and his body language said the same. He is going to hit the wall before he brakes again to avoid poleaxing the rear of the #51 - he was already on the dirty side and sliding. Maybe he, like Ingall, figured there was a gain to be made on Dummy/Murf but I would have thought by now that anyone would know that wide on turn 8 means a concrete kiss.

Don't know whats going on with Skaife - he's undoubtedly one of the fastest and finest drivers this country's produced but he's made more mistakes in the last few years than his first 15 put together.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 00:18 (Ref:1561757)   #20
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I acually agreee with you here deeks...

DKGandBH
Old 27 Mar 2006, 01:14 (Ref:1561798)   #21
observer
Rookie

Australia
australia
observer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see why Skaife had reason to be cranky with Spud.
Watched the Vid 3 times, seems to me Skaife done it all on his own!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 01:31 (Ref:1561812)   #22
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
(off topic) why did murphy have the white helmet in the saturday race but his old one on sunday?(on topic)skaife was on the same line as murph he would of ended in the wall the only thing that hapened because of murph being there was the extra front end damage from runing up the back of murph.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 01:35 (Ref:1561817)   #23
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deeks. Nails on the head. I agree 100% with everything including your assesment on MS. Once upon a time he just didn't make mistakes.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 01:48 (Ref:1561824)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
drivers are only human they do make mistakes allthough he used to be not make them much.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 01:48 (Ref:1561825)   #25
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm....
skaife was definitely wider than most, however, I only saw his vehicle move towards the wall when the SLAMMED (yes, slammed, as he slowed rapidly) the brakes on with his wheel still turned. I ask you all, when you are cornering what happens when you apply the brakes rapidly?

He only hit the wall because he applied the brakes rapidly. If he was further in towards the apex, he would have slid tail first with the same pressure of brake application.

I do agree with you all, however, that it could have been avoided if he was further in towards the apex. But without Murph's accident in front I feel he would have avoided contact with the wall.