Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Apr 2006, 00:26 (Ref:1587224)   #1
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Teammate Vs Teammate - Imola prediction

Some interesting showdowns coming into this race, with many teams in the hunt. Who will shine in the battle of the teammates?

(I have nominated a 4 points system based on quali pos, race pos, fast lap, overall impression)

FA v GF - 3/1 - think Fisi will outqualify Alonso, but FA will be stronger over the course of the weekend. Both capable of winning the race.

KR v JPM - 2/2 - this is one of the best battles with JPM being quoted as saying he's feeling comfortable in the Mclaren for the first time, and he's been strong here in the past, though so has Kimi (but without much luck)... even tally between these two. Both capable of winning the race.

MS v FM - 4/0 - not that i think Massa will drive poorly, but he tends to get frustrated when following other cars and this track won't suit him unless he gets fresh air. I think FM will have a good race, but i'm expecting (hoping) for big things from schuey on a track he knows very well. Schuey contender for win, Massa contender for solid points if not podium.

JB v RB - 3/1 - Rubens will be improved this race, but still not even close to button... Jenson will be a podium contender.

MW v NR - 3/1 - this will be one of the best matchups. Webber has always qualified extremely well here, right from minardi days, though Nico will be on a familiar track. Webber made errors last year from frustration at following a slower toyota after a(nother) terrible start, so i think the race might suit Nico more, as he tends to know how to work over a slower car a little better... Mark needs to quali and race at the pointy end with quick cars early on or he's shot. I think both will be contenders for the podium, and maybe even a dark horse for the win...?

DC v CK - 1/3 - i don't think this will be an overly strong showing from RBR, although i do think that Klien will be the better of the 2 come sunday... if the front runners finish they will be happy with any points.

NH v JV - 1/3 - JV did reasonably well last year and drove a patient race for some good points. Nick was pretty quiet, but will do the right things at the right time. I think JV will be the stronger of the two, but both will be battling for solid points.

probably enough from me, be interesting to see your own comments & predictions...

Last edited by rocketracer; 18 Apr 2006 at 00:28.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 02:07 (Ref:1587251)   #2
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota's?
(or are they no where!)
I would say 3/1 to RS
Iw would pretty much go with you, one less for JV (though I want him to stick it up Mario)
And one more for Kimi.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 03:39 (Ref:1587281)   #3
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
was leaving some vacancies for others opinions notso! but as you asked, toyota prediction:

RS v JT - 4/0 was tempted to cover myself and give a point to trulli in case ralf makes a mistake anywhere in the race, but think ralf has it all over trulli at the moment - ralf looks pretty matured and motivated to prove himself and be a top dog once more, whereas trulli appears particularly disinterested (his attempted passing move in melb was a shocker which looked like he was "there for a good time, not a long time")... toyota don't look like they will be a major player this race unless the bridgestones are exceedingly good, as there seems to be too much disharmony behind the garage door...

Ralf seems quite independent of internal troubles though, and could be a good points haul for him, especially if the kerbs claim a few top cars with problems because toyota seem quite reliable... as for jarno, it is an italian race (so as ever, i could very well be completely wrong) and he could pull out some of that undoubted talent he sometimes shows - last year he quali'd well and was hard to pass in the race, even though he wasn't very quick (but he was coming off a run of good form in previous races)... but this year, i'd be surprised if he finishes TBH...
Old 18 Apr 2006, 05:01 (Ref:1587301)   #4
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, I tend to agree on the Trulli thing. He seems to be disinterested.

Ralf, on the other hand, since perhaps Brazil last year, has been in his best form since Williams 1999 IMO.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 11:27 (Ref:1587551)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've criticised Ralf a lot in the past, but I agree that he's been showing some really strong form recently, and the podium in Melbourne was richly deserved. Jarno has a record of bad luck at the 2 Italian races, but has rarely shone at Imola.

Most of the circuits from now on will be familiar to Nico, as we're into the bulk of the European season. If Mark makes a poor start, he will suffer for it more here than usual, which could play into Nico's hands in that inter-team battle.

Good point about Massa as well - he was impressive from the back of the grid at Malaysia, but his strategy meant he was not 'stuck behind' another car for any length of time. This weekend could be very different.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1587613)   #6
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I say between Jv and Nick, I'll pick JV. He did a good race last year.
But, i don't think he or Nick will finish the race because of their engines.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1587630)   #7
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
Yes, I tend to agree on the Trulli thing. He seems to be disinterested.

Ralf, on the other hand, since perhaps Brazil last year, has been in his best form since Williams 1999 IMO.

hmm dunno, trulli seemed to have found something at barca last week.

I think he gave up on the far aways and he was very ill in Oz - couldnt fly home for a couple of days.

Back on home soil he'll put in one of his trademark storming qual sessions i reckon and beat ralf convincingly in the race. barring incident.