Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 May 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1601849)   #1
JonJaJule
Rookie

JonJaJule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monza to recieve Tilke rework or be dropped

Translated from MotoSportSpot:

It was revealed on Monday that Italian Grand Prix track Monza would have to recieve a reworking, by Herman Tilke or be dropped from the F1 calendar.

The FIA and Bernie Eccelstone, along with a group of F1 drivers, had voiced concerns over the tracks safety, with some of the fastest corners in F1.

Tilke revealed his plans for the new track. "The same basic shape has been kept, but I have created more overtaking opportunities whilst also improving safety."

Parabolica, which was said to be "...far too dangerous for current cars," has been turned into a hairpin, where Tilke expects to see some frantic last lap overtaking manouveres.

Work is to start on the Monza track at the end of the 2006 season.

Below are the plans:

Old 6 May 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1601850)   #2
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's it, get the burning torches and pitchforks.

And I wonder what the green lobbyists will think of these plans, considering the amount of trees that will need to be lopped down...
Old 6 May 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1601851)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surely this isn't serious?
Old 6 May 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1601856)   #4
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmm, user with 1 post - seemingly out of the blue Monza news - i'm finding it hard to beleive.

Apologies if it's just my cynical side taking over though.
Old 6 May 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1601859)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I hear that there will also be a Starbucks at the "Curva di Lesmo" ohh well too bad really..
Old 6 May 2006, 17:01 (Ref:1601860)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It could never happen anyways, because the locals would dissaprove of the noise from the construction work.
Old 6 May 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1601862)   #7
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Announced Monday, and this is the first we have heard of it?! Couldnt find anything regarding "MotoSportSpot" either. I will believe it when it makes the front page of Autosport
Old 6 May 2006, 17:28 (Ref:1601884)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Corner speeds aren't such a problem at Monza anyway especially with the low downforce that the cars run. Canada and Monaco are much less safe if you want to compare the two in terms of relative corner speeds.

The only fast corner where the cars might be going quicker in 2006 thanks to tyre development is the Parabolica, considering the Curve Grande has always been flat no matter what the F1 technical car regs they have ran (at least in the last 40 years), thats a non issue.
Old 6 May 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1601897)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We are in full-on fact mode here then?

Thanks for the useful link. I subscribe to MotoSportSpot and that hasn't been in there from what I have seen.

Last edited by Adam43; 6 May 2006 at 17:41.
Old 6 May 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1601899)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm... Doubt it.
Old 6 May 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1601900)   #11
goodhorsehymn
Racer

goodhorsehymn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good one
Old 6 May 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1601918)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
What are facts? this is F1 we have no use for them..
Old 6 May 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1601920)   #13
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like someone is fishing for opinions on their track design and masking it as some phantom Monza reworking.
Old 6 May 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1601935)   #14
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, own up...who gave Herman a login??
Old 6 May 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1601941)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hey Tilke,youa toucha dissa track,we breaka youra face,OK.
Old 6 May 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1601945)   #16
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Hey Tilke,youa toucha dissa track,we breaka youra face,OK.
Old 6 May 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1602018)   #17
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
either this is a bad joke or there is no god.if that dirty b*****d ever gets his hands on monza im gonna rip his god damned limbs off and beat him with the soggy ends. the tought that anyone could even consider doing that to such a track boils my blood.i know its probably a joke but the thought is just giving me an unbearable urge to kill
Old 6 May 2006, 22:28 (Ref:1602038)   #18
goodhorsehymn
Racer

goodhorsehymn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course its a joke...jeeeez.
Old 6 May 2006, 22:56 (Ref:1602047)   #19
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Ummm... I'm not sure it is a joke. I have heard Tilke is working to convert Montecarlo into an oval track.
Old 7 May 2006, 01:17 (Ref:1602077)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
Ummm... I'm not sure it is a joke. I have heard Tilke is working to convert Montecarlo into an oval track.
Something to do with the principalities proposals for a new one-way system i believe.
Old 7 May 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1602160)   #21
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, we all know what happened to the other speed circuit... anything can happen...
Old 7 May 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1602224)   #22
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL good one! I seriously think there needs to be another chicane before Lesmo 2 though.
Old 7 May 2006, 10:42 (Ref:1602274)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Please let it be a joke.

I've been watching the WSB from Monza this weekend and am reminded what a fabulous circuit it is, apart from the ridiculously tight first chicane.
Old 7 May 2006, 12:12 (Ref:1602322)   #24
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
hmm, user with 1 post - seemingly out of the blue Monza news - i'm finding it hard to beleive.

Apologies if it's just my cynical side taking over though.
See the birth date on the profile.
Now my wife was born on April 1, but... well I can't take her seriously - she married me!
Old 7 May 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1602380)   #25
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
theres a slight possibility that i over reacted a little bit when i seen the thread.oh well i've chilled out now