Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 May 2006, 19:36 (Ref:1604507)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EERC Britcar Snett 13th/14th May

Timetable and entry lists for the Snetterton Britcar, Production S1, Britsports and the first rounds of the exciting Dunlop V8 Supercar Challenge are now available by clicking on the following links;

http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_files...0Issue%203.doc

http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_files...t%20090506.xls

Looks like another great Snet Britcar weekend in the making.

Terry
Old 9 May 2006, 21:47 (Ref:1604634)   #2
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<cynical bugger>
if you believe entry lists...
</cynical bugger>

seriously, hope it's a great days racing and the weather is kind to you all
Old 10 May 2006, 08:19 (Ref:1604863)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Terry,
Glad to see the grids are bigger than at Silverstone earlier in the year, though I wonder how many will make it past you and your super magnet, especially if your at Riches.
Hope you have a great weekend, send my regards to the rest of the gang and I'll see you in July.
Old 10 May 2006, 09:11 (Ref:1604907)   #4
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please don't use the magnet on any of the Dunlop Track and Race Car guys who are one of the support races...they're a good bunch and don't deserve magnet induced issues!!
Old 10 May 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1604987)   #5
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Please don't use the magnet on any of the Dunlop Track and Race Car guys who are one of the support races...they're a good bunch and don't deserve magnet induced issues!!
With a magnet as powerful as Terry's, it'll probably be dragging them out of the paddock!
Old 10 May 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1605347)   #6
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"esses" will be trouble saturady,."bombhole" sunday. thats where "terry the magnet" will (shound) be,. will warn flag marshals only will need green then red,as shound be in front for terry,

is tidalls "out there" PM sent monday night?

peter
Old 10 May 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1605350)   #7
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or even "tindalls"
Old 10 May 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1605440)   #8
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Hi team, yes as Peter says should be Esses and Bombhole unless I am banished to the Senna or Revett as a paper and time saving exercise although with the benefits of a safety car available for the weekend the time saving aspect may not apply!

Although may be wise for safety car driver to get a bit of practice in before the weekend!

No, I am aiming to have a nice quiet weekend (note big sigh of relief from DaveW!) and leaving magnet at home. We'll see how good Snetmarshal's is shall we!!

Terry
Old 10 May 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1605447)   #9
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Dunlop Track and Race entry may not have been in your finals, but we do have 30 cars, listed on my website. Two races on Saturday only.
Old 10 May 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1605482)   #10
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry, do you have to use words like aiming! And if you maintain your track record then you'll be getting a visit from Friends of the Earth for all the trees required for the reports.

Had a PM from "Tindalls" tonight and he has sorted out a lift. I guess we'll have to make sure that GT3 is well away from the pit lane and we should have a good chance of getting through the weekend.

Entry lists do look good and, speaking personally, always a good atmosphere with the EERC and I enjoy their meetings.
Old 11 May 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1606340)   #11
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well as I shall be in France on saturday for a week (family insisted i had to go on holiday with them!) the magnet duties will be left with Terry!! No doubt my family will be sick of me by weekend, going on about me missing britcar weekend, of all the weekends to miss! however providing the french dont blockade the ferry port I should be back in time for MGOC the following sunday, Give my magnet a chance to recharge! (well Terry seems to be hogging all incidents this year so far!)

Have fun all, now off to sit in quiet corner mummbling about missing this meeting etc etc
Old 11 May 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1606349)   #12
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Sorry Dave, I will try to be a little bit more careful with my wording in future. I sense people sometimes become rather nervous and twitchy when they hear certain words coming from my direction - don't know why??

Link to Rod's entry list is on http://www.rodbirley.com/13.5.06results.htm which does look promising as stated.

Terry
Old 11 May 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1606355)   #13
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Andy,

I am really sorry that you can't make it, really thought you would manage to look after them before they get to me. So much for a quiet weekend.

Anyway have a great break, recharge those batteries (oops sense Dave's getting worried again!) see you at the MG's.

Terry
Old 11 May 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1606359)   #14
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
This is the meeting where you can see the public race debut of the Peugeot fitted with a Nicholson V8 (as displayed at the NEC). Quite a weapon!
Old 13 May 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1608977)   #15
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell

No, I am aiming to have a nice quiet weekend (note big sigh of relief from DaveW!) and leaving magnet at home.

Terry
Well it appears to have worked as planned so far - just a couple of spinners, nothing more - possibly assisted by saying to Derek at breakfast that I would send them round to him at Bombhole which also seemed to work!!!

Oh well, we see what Sunday brings (to Bombhole!)

Congratulations Rob with two wins -great racing in both races -shame about the stoppage in the first race which was looking to be an exciting dice before the incident at the Bomhole.

Also Jason Watkins in the Fiesta was awesome though the Esses -on three wheels both in and out of the corner and right on the limit throughout - his dice with the Peugeot and his car control was superb entertainment - well done!!
Old 13 May 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1609011)   #16
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Thanks Terry. Big shame Kris Waite had that accident, apparently his gear lever broke. The "sparkler" display from my car when I stopped to check that Kris was OK, was caused by a wheel locating peg grinding itself into the rear beam. Some sterling work by my crew got it re-built and fixed just in time for the second race, although the water temperature went sky high on the last lap...drama, drama, always at Snetterton!!
Some lovely cars in the V8 race. Another ten cars and it should be good, but at least its a start (little acorns). Thanks to all the marshals for getting through what turned out to be a busy day.
Old 14 May 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1609785)   #17
gozzer
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds,suffolk
gozzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Rod Birley
As a member of Terry Scannells team i just wanted to say what entertaining race you and the rest of the drivers in the saloon car chamionship gave us, especially the driver of car 43 jason watkins how he keep it on the track though the esses was just amazing.
Old 15 May 2006, 09:08 (Ref:1610317)   #18
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big thanks to everyone for their efforts over the weekend. Terry managed to keep his magnet set on "repel" which helped, though we still had enough tyre wall repairs over the course of the weekend.

In the second Production S1 race it looked at one point as if the safety car was going to do enough laps to get classified but things calmed down in the second half of the race.

Once the numbers increase the V8's look like they will be spectacular, especially in damp conditions - and the sound!
Old 15 May 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1611033)   #19
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Thanks Dave for the half hourly race position updates - they were certainly very useful especially for the flaggies on post and also helped maintain interest for the rest of the crew on incident etc during the two 3 hour races.

Also many thanks to James Tucker for putting together another great Snet EERC meeting with a good mix of interesting machinery. As Dave says the V8 Supercar Challenge potentially has a great future and James should be congratulated for getting it up and running.

How fitting that the first round should be at Snet where Britcar was introduced to the world of motorsport.

James, looking forward to the other potential event you mentioned to me at end of play Sunday (involving BHF) and your part in the other 24hour event next year, it will be fun!

The production S1 race on Sunday was extremely entertaining with some good battles throughout the field for the duration of the races.

Rod, thanks for the update on Kris, glad to hear he's Ok, even if the car is rather bent. We look forward to seeing you all back at Snet soon.

To the crew with me on Esses and Bombhole - hope you enjoyed the restful weekend due to the lack of charged magnets and pork pies - thought you could do with having a easy weekend before facing the MG's on Sunday!

Terry
Old 20 May 2006, 18:56 (Ref:1615124)   #20
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly, I am amazed Mr Scannel had a quiet weekend over britcar, secondly, I am concerned ths may mean the magnet is back with me!! Ah well i expect we shall find out tmrw!