Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Jun 2006, 11:48 (Ref:1626028)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC Thruxton Discussion

First Practice at Thruxton, Chilton fastest from Plato then Shedden. All Vauxhalls in the top 5. Darren Turner an encouraging 7th on his debut.

http://www.msttiming.com/singlesessi...nd=round04.gif
Old 3 Jun 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1626100)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shedden takes pole! Turkington 2nd, Chilton 3rd & Neal 4th.

First Seat is Plato in 5th from Turner.

Wow! Shedden looking to repeat Eaves success here in the 2nd Integra last year.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1626103)   #3
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Huge differences in lap time between the first group and last group of qualifiers.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1626133)   #4
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WWWWOOOOOO!!!!, chilton fastest yipee!!!!, thats the news ive been waiting to hear all year now hopefully he can kick everyone else to kingdom come and hopefully the car will be quicker again
by any strange chance is tom chilton a member of ten tenths?
Old 3 Jun 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1626155)   #5
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If he is, he's a lurker.

(Plus, get with the news!, he's only third now - Super Shedden's the name of the day!)

We had Plato round here a while ago mind, before all that winning went to his head.

And Richard Marsh is often around. John George was here too...I guess from the last two, best not come in here - we're cursed!
Old 3 Jun 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1626161)   #6
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fingers Crossed

I will still have my fingers crossed that Matt Neal will break his duck at Thruxton at least once.

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 3 Jun 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1626244)   #7
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
If he is, he's a lurker.

(Plus, get with the news!, he's only third now - Super Shedden's the name of the day!)

We had Plato round here a while ago mind, before all that winning went to his head.

And Richard Marsh is often around. John George was here too...I guess from the last two, best not come in here - we're cursed!
and dont forget jason plato's 5th gear thing as well, he's now on that with tiff needel and vicki butler henderson and that bloke with the big floppy hair, maybe plato will come back if we do a "SHOUT OUT THREAD" as i like to call em, its a great way to get someone to come back into a community
Old 3 Jun 2006, 22:28 (Ref:1626329)   #8
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
What do we need him for? We've already got touringlegend (Steve Soper)
Old 3 Jun 2006, 23:33 (Ref:1626362)   #9
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
The Seats are going to struggle at Thruxton due to their lack of straight-line speed.

I predict a succesful day for Matt Neal and Team Dynamics, but I hope that Chilton and Giovanardi can give them a run for their money in the Vauxhalls.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1626693)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Don't get me started on Steve Soper...

Silverstone 1992 was a travesty.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1626758)   #11
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ignoring that...

Shedden leads one-two for Halfords, and Turner climbs his way to a great 3rd in race one!

Plato & Chilton don't look after their tyres and suffer punctures.

A good start for the day...on to race two...Plato & Giovanardi starting from the back...bets on who progresses best?
Old 4 Jun 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1626794)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I'm concerned that this afternoon is going to become a Team Dynamics benefit, like in 2005.

Vauxhall and MG are off the pace, Plato starts Race 2 from the rear and Darren Turner can't be expected to outwit Neal and Shedden in only his second BTCC race.

My only hope is that Plato can claw his way into the top eight and benefit from the reverse grid to give himself a cushty slot for Race 3.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1626843)   #13
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Top 7 reversed, so Honda on pole! James Kaye will start ahead of Colin Turkington who gets a second chance to put it right.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 16:22 (Ref:1626924)   #14
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanted top 8 or 9 reversed so VX could be in with a shout of a win. But I hope Colin wins (if he can hold off Pinkney)!!
Old 4 Jun 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1626925)   #15
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nasty shunt for Turner - Shedden in line for another telling off from the stewards?
Old 4 Jun 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1626939)   #16
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I'd think so.

First win for Turkington. Great drive by Plato to get 3rd.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1626947)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Integra was definitely the car to have, Pinkney proving it with some strong runs in the 2005 model. Gordon looked a match for Matt, and the incident with Turner just seemed unfortuante - Shedden was concentrating on passing the MG and didn't expect Darren to brake so much earlier.

Turner was really strong on his series debut, and it makes SEAT's strategy of having a shared second drive look questionable. Also well done to Jason Hughes for his haul of points finishes.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 17:31 (Ref:1626960)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
What's wrong with Vauxhall this season? Is it the drivers, car or just bad luck?
Old 4 Jun 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1626992)   #19
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
down to the car with vauxhall, tom chilton is a blisteringly quick driver as is gavin smith and fabrizio giavonardi, bitterly dissapointed with today's result with tom only managing 9th in the second race and 7th in the last race, i think vauxhall need to pull their finger out the car is a load of crap at the moment, it doesnt have the handling and it sure as hell doesnt have the straight line speed and its nothing to do with the drivers even though i am probably the biggest tom chilton fan ever i think vauxhall better sort the car out or they are going to have some very upset and angry drivers on their hands soon and for a works team doing this badly as well i think is inexcusable because of the car.

PULL IT TOGETHER VAUXHALL GET THE CAR GOOD AND GET TOM CHILTON AND THE DRIVERS WINNING!!
Old 4 Jun 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1626993)   #20
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the car hasn't got a lot of "natural" grip by design, if you can call it that, because it has an appetite for those Dunlops! I'd also put it down to that the two better drivers in the team have left and they've all had to start from scratch on set up.

Pretty good start from Darren Turner, better than I expected, considering I believe he only had some time in it in March. As Boots said perhaps he should have been the sole driver for the 2nd car all year instead of sharing.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1626994)   #21
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
down to the car with vauxhall, tom chilton is a blisteringly quick driver as is gavin smith and fabrizio giavonardi, bitterly dissapointed with today's result with tom only managing 9th in the second race and 7th in the last race, i think vauxhall need to pull their finger out the car is a load of crap at the moment, it doesnt have the handling and it sure as hell doesnt have the straight line speed and its nothing to do with the drivers even though i am probably the biggest tom chilton fan ever i think vauxhall better sort the car out or they are going to have some very upset and angry drivers on their hands soon and for a works team doing this badly as well i think is inexcusable because of the car.

PULL IT TOGETHER VAUXHALL GET THE CAR GOOD AND GET TOM CHILTON AND THE DRIVERS WINNING!!

AND breathe!!
Old 4 Jun 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1627017)   #22
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice

YOU MUST BE THE BIGGEST CHILTON FAN EVER!!

IMO Vauxhall are struggling with 3 drivers who can't help with the car. At this rate Chilton will be buying a drive again next year, whcih is perhaps where he's at.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1627022)   #23
Oval_Junky
Rookie

England
Dorset
Oval_Junky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
I think the car hasn't got a lot of "natural" grip by design, if you can call it that, because it has an appetite for those Dunlops! I'd also put it down to that the two better drivers in the team have left and they've all had to start from scratch on set up.
Yep, those vauxhalls definatly dont have any "natural" grip, they seem to reley totally on the tyres. Chilton was on pace in the first race until about 7/8 laps in, then the tyres cooked and he dropped right back. That seemed to be the theme for vauxhall from then on. Its a shame the works vauxhall astra coupe and honda integra never met, we might have had some very competitive racing then.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1627025)   #24
Inside_Info
Rookie

Inside_Info should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think 888 are still living in the past, thinking of the glory days with Muller and Thommo, they don't seem to have realised they've gone and the new drivers need something different from the car. Wake up boys or there won't be a next year for Vauxhall in the BTCC! (Esp with Vx laying off people in the UK!)
Old 4 Jun 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1627092)   #25
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside_Info
I think 888 are still living in the past, thinking of the glory days with Muller and Thommo, they don't seem to have realised they've gone and the new drivers need something different from the car. Wake up boys or there won't be a next year for Vauxhall in the BTCC! (Esp with Vx laying off people in the UK!)
You really should get your facts right before sounding off like that here!

Vauxhall are commited to the series until at least 2009.