Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Sep 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1699079)   #1
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden 9th Sept

I know you guys and girls are spoilt for choice on the weekend of Sept.9/10, but this is just a quick reminder that Lydden is on the Saturday only with the annual "festival of speed". The races include full grids for the Dunlop Track and Race saloons, a tin top invitation (with a couple of interesting entries), truck racing (yes for the first time in 13 years) and about 30 races on the oval (including at least ten CAMSO V8s from Belgium). At the conclusion of racing there will be a FREE barbecue with free drinks. There will be a proper lunch break (with vouchers). It does promise to be a very entertaining day. Please contact Chris Bird if you can make it, even for only half the day.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1699567)   #2
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Already coming to this and bringing a trainee for this. Did the first meet of this but missed last years. It was good then and I believe better now. Even all you guys and gals in other parts of the UK this will be a good meet to do and on Sunday pop into Brands for HSCC. An excellent weekend all round and a bit of everything.Could not ask for more. Well a tall blond and lots more money but that aint going to happen( any offers)!!.
Rich.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1699573)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Sneader
An excellent weekend all round and a bit of everything.Could not ask for more. Well a tall blond and lots more money but that aint going to happen( any offers)!!.
Rich.
Rich, for the tall blonde, send a PM to whatapalava.........he's a lovely lad!
Old 1 Sep 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1699576)   #4
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Mark,
Are you still offering your extra special services!!. Hows it going mate, .
Rich.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1701876)   #5
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Thanks for the good comments Richard, hmmm a tall blonde (still working on that) but the beer has been ordered courtesy of Eddy, and the barbecue is all set. Should be a good day, with over 200 vehicles (cars and trucks this time) booked in.
Old 7 Sep 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1704104)   #6
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tall blonde...thought there were girls?!
Old 8 Sep 2006, 15:02 (Ref:1705241)   #7
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Meridian television are going to do a "live" broadcast from the circuit this evening (about 6.20pm) to preview the meeting.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 09:10 (Ref:1706445)   #8
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Special thanks to all the marshals. You did a sterling job on what turned out to be a very busy day. Hope you enjoyed the return of the trucks. The young lad in the Ministox who had a big rollover was OK. He turned up at the prize giving to cheer his mates. They breed them tough in oval racing. Once again thanks to everyone and see you back at Lydden on Oct.7th.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 13:22 (Ref:1707965)   #9
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Thanks Rod,
In the last CAMSO race after you told me about the car in front broken I did report it and they let it run.
Thanks to all involved for a very different race day. The Oval bit is a real eye opener and being the IO/ Obs at post 5 for this was kept very busy every race. Including the pile up I had under the red flags. Glad the mini stox driver was OK. Had 3 tyre wall rebuilds including the CAMSO's recking what was left and then being chased along the bank by the bright green one whilst the rest of the post had run. Different rules but good fun. Can we get more cars next year 1 or 2 grids were on the thin side. Especially more V8's
Thanks to all for the ovall on posts 5 my team and 1 for there help during out big offs between posts. There were a few.
Thanks BARC SE and Lydden too.
Regards,
Richard Sneader.
Post 5 IO/ Obs
Old 11 Sep 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1708156)   #10
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Glad you enjoyed the day, it was a bit hectic. I know you guys did some sterling work, especially the tyre wall re-builds. I was told (later) that the CAMSO in front of me had a link bar broken, but they run with two per side!!! Not sure how that works, but it was great fun to drive.
Unfortunately the Belgian lightning rods had a lot of damage from the previous weekend which is why they were missing, and most of the British ones went to Rockingham. It is a shame we have all these clashing meetings, but it is difficult to find a slot when we can get all the various formulas (including trucks) there. It now looks like a proper festival and people keep asking what else we will bring next year.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1708173)   #11
tyrewall
Rookie

United Kingdom
ramsgate
tyrewall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on behalf of the clerks team in the morning i would like to thank all marshals for a good days marshalling , without you we couldnt work.oh yes, and it was good fun watching mr sneader running on such a regular basis, well done rich,i think during the day most posts had something to do,once again eddie thanks for getting the beer, what a good barbie, see you all on the 7th.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 18:36 (Ref:1708183)   #12
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Thanks Al, yours and Bills help is also and always appreciated at all meets.
Regards,
Rich.