Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1700805)   #1
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Should he stay or should he go?

Yes i mean Micheal . It seems almost inevitable that ferrari have secured the services of Kimi Raikkonen although it has not yet been announced and Fellipe seems confident he has kept his seat. So if Micheal turns around and says i want to stay will ferrari oust Massa? Where will that leave Kimi (doesn't seem like a no' 2 to me) and i can't see ferrari saying no to Michael. So what will happen? I read in F1 Racing he may end his career at BMW! bizzare? You decide

Your thoughts?
Old 3 Sep 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1700933)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Fwiw, if a driver can't make his mind up if he really wants to stay for the following year (dispite having months to think about it) then he should go, but then thats just my opinion.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1700937)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why? Because if he is dithering over the decision, he is definitely having thoughts of going? And therefore, may not be so committed?
Old 3 Sep 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1700946)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think the reason TGF has to decide this weekend is because Jenson has found a get out clause in his contract.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1701011)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
IMHO after five WDC at Ferrari the right thing to do is to wait until he has made up his mind.. what else can they do really? They can hardly say "push off now" there's a good chap..I think it is time myself for Michael to move on.

Like watching Andre Agassi today I don't want the ride to end, but it has too, as much as I hate the thought..
Old 3 Sep 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1701035)   #6
Molotov
Rookie

Canada
Canada
Molotov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Micheal cares about the future of Ferrari I think he sould quit. If he stays for a year or 2 Ferrari will lose there chance to sign Kimi and I don't see anyone who could replace him in 2 years. Alonso is signed for a few years, Kimi will be gone, Webber might be available but somehow I don't see him at Ferarri. Other then that I don't see anyone with the experience and skill of Kimi being available in 1-2 years.

If Micheal leaves, Ferrari will have 2 great young and experienced drivers to build the team on and Micheal could even supervise the whole thing or do some part time testing to help the team out.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1701066)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Micheal ? You mean Michael I guess.

TGF should retire.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 00:43 (Ref:1701127)   #8
gringottsdirect
Racer

United Kingdom
50 Rue St Georges Paris
gringottsdirect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Like watching Andre Agassi today I don't want the ride to end, but it has too, as much as I hate the thought..
Who he ?
There is absolutely no comparison between the career of MS and the guy with the bat.
Schumacher should go ...... to McLaren Mercedes, for all the talk of Raikkonen and MS at Ferrari - it would be far more interesting to see Alonso and MS at McLaren !
There's definitely something on the go with MS - it would surprise me if he retires because he's enjoying himself too much - he may take a year off then come back with Mercedes - can't see him finishing F1 at Ferrari really.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 07:34 (Ref:1701274)   #9
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Because if he is dithering...
Knowlesy is even making him sound old.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 08:40 (Ref:1701318)   #10
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I think the reason TGF has to decide this weekend is because Jenson has found a get out clause in his contract.
I think the reason TGF has to decide this weekend is he'll look stupid if he "hasn't made up his mind" and Ferrari reveal Kimi and Massa as their drivers.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 4 Sep 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1701365)   #11
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he should do what he wants to do.

I wouldn't mind seeing him stay on another year, especially if Raikkonen ends up being his teammate... But I really can't see that happening.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1701373)   #12
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the very interesting wave of youngsters knocking on F1's door, and the ones already arrived (Kubica, Hamilton, Kovalainen, Nelsinho, Rosberg,Vettel, to say the first coming into my mind) I think it should be the right time to go not only for Michael, but also for David, and some others maybe to quit, amd leave place available for newcomers who seem able to make F1 way more exciting than it currently is.
I just hope he'll win the WDC so he'll do it.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 09:49 (Ref:1701391)   #13
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Maybe his favourite number is 10 and he'll be with us for a few more years yet.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1701407)   #14
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whenever you think about it next weekends GP at Monza is going to be a massive event for these announcements alone. It would be great to see him stay with himself and Kimi at ferrari but who knows. In a perfect world he would leave ferrari and join McLaren along side Alonso. 88 season all over again.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1701527)   #15
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A friend of mine attended these days tests at Monza track.
In the paddock everybody think Michael will quit at the end of the season.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1701544)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the podium in Turkey I thought he gave the impression of a tired and beaten man and I really think he will quit. Also he is starting to make errors and if next year Ferrari have the best car i still dont think he will win the championship as he will have Raikkonen or a fast improving Massa to deal with. I think he should quit whilst he still is the 2nd best driver on the grid rather than risk a mauling next year.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1701559)   #17
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
On the podium in Turkey I thought he gave the impression of a tired and beaten man and I really think he will quit. Also he is starting to make errors and if next year Ferrari have the best car i still dont think he will win the championship as he will have Raikkonen or a fast improving Massa to deal with. I think he should quit whilst he still is the 2nd best driver on the grid rather than risk a mauling next year.
Agreed. The only way now is down. Best go while he still at, or near the top. And of course theres always Nascar
Old 4 Sep 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1701571)   #18
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heh, you even sound like Ralf!
Old 6 Sep 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1703241)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Some tabloids seem to be jumping the gun.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=29194
Old 6 Sep 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1703258)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like MW saw the man drinking some beers...
Old 6 Sep 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1703309)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bye-bye and (although he's grown on me in the last couple of years), good riddance!
Old 7 Sep 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1704473)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Weber (not the Australian one) says that Michael has made a decision.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17401.html
Old 7 Sep 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1704486)   #23
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm.... according to Weber he made his decision only last week.... that probably means that there is truth in the stories of Schumacher's plea to Ferrari to extend the deadline.... I just hope for Schumi's sake he hasnt been forced into it....

Btw Mark Webber seems to think Schumacher will retire because he caught him drinking....... erm... i guess this is the end of the road for Kimi Raikkonen as well.....
Old 10 Sep 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1706413)   #24
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
IMHO after five WDC at Ferrari the right thing to do is to wait until he has made up his mind.. what else can they do really? They can hardly say "push off now" there's a good chap..I think it is time myself for Michael to move on.

I disagree. If Ferrari believes that their chances of success are likely to be increased by not having TGF as a driver, then I think Jean Todt is capable of telling TGF that his services are no longer required. I'm sure there would be a massive PR spin to make it sound like TGF and Ferrari have parted ways amicably, but I believe that Todt and di Montezemelo (sp) are enough of businessmen to make a decision in what they conceive to be Ferrari's best interests.