Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1723704)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Davidson to race in 2007?

Nick Fry is saying that Davidson deserves race seat.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37532

P.S. please add to previous AD thread.

Last edited by Marbot; 30 Sep 2006 at 16:46.
Old 30 Sep 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1723708)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes this was mentioned by Martin Brundle today during ITV's qualifying coverage, it would be good to see Davidson get a F1 race drive he has always been fast during the friday test sessions and he appears to be good enough. Yes I know that the friday test drivers can turn up the revs a bit more than the race drivers but all the same he has still turned out some impressive results I think most will agree.
Old 30 Sep 2006, 16:51 (Ref:1723711)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I really hope that a race seat happens next year for AD...
Old 30 Sep 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1723713)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A lot of questions would be answered if Ant gets that Super Aguri drive. Third drivers aren't as important next year (and they wouldn't be under current rules for Honda, as they are almost certain to come 4th in the WCC) so they can spare him, although no doubt he would still be their reserve driver. A shame for Yamamoto, who has had little chance to shwo what he can do.
Old 30 Sep 2006, 17:08 (Ref:1723724)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, it is high time Ant got a race shot. A proper season's crack.

It beats testing all year long, which is a hideous fate year in, year out.
Old 30 Sep 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1723796)   #6
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Yes, it is high time Ant got a race shot. A proper season's crack.

It beats testing all year long, which is a hideous fate year in, year out.

I can think of many worse.
Old 30 Sep 2006, 23:49 (Ref:1723978)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone posted elsewhere on here (NISS?) that he is getting the drive at SA.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 00:32 (Ref:1724001)   #8
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think a drive at somewhere like Spyker could also be a possibility... Beats Super Aguri...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Oct 2006, 00:58 (Ref:1724015)   #9
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why is it better?
Old 1 Oct 2006, 01:26 (Ref:1724022)   #10
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More competitive team for starters...
Old 1 Oct 2006, 01:44 (Ref:1724025)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope he races next year, we need new blood in those cars !
Old 1 Oct 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1724291)   #12
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I think a drive at somewhere like Spyker could also be a possibility... Beats Super Aguri...
If Davidson races next year, I suspect that it will be at Super Aguri. Whilst it is true that Spyker on paper may look a better prospect than Super Aguri; given that Albers will stay with the team in '07, whilst Spyker are probably looking at Klien or maybe Viso for next year, they may not have a vacancy.

Super Aguri have stated that they wish to see Davidson racing for them next year, it is likely that sooner or later the team will be using updated Honda chassis so competitiveness is likely to improve. Also, by moving to Super Aguri, it keeps him in contact with Honda and as such could be near to the front of the queue to replace either Barrichello or Button at some point in the future.

Last edited by kipper; 1 Oct 2006 at 10:56.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 11:06 (Ref:1724299)   #13
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
If Davidson races next year, I suspect that it will be at Super Aguri. Whilst it is true that Spyker on paper may look a better prospect than Super Aguri; given that Albers will stay with the team in '07, whilst Spyker are probably looking at Klien or maybe Viso for next year, they may not have a vacancy.

Super Aguri have stated that they wish to see Davidson racing for them next year, it is likely that sooner or later the team will be using updated Honda chassis so competitiveness is likely to improve. Also, by moving to Super Aguri, it keeps him in contact with Honda and as such could be near to the front of the queue to replace either Barrichello or Button at some point in the future.
Spot on kipper!
Having elected not to be one of those 'Garage Daddies' (despite having done the same job as all the other dads, i.e. run him in karting and brokered all his karting team deals and appointing his management) from home it was nice to hear the Team boss say something in public for the first time. Whatever it's all down to Honda to make it happen...PLEASE!...I wanna see him race again, BEFORE I die!
Old 1 Oct 2006, 12:10 (Ref:1724351)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't worry man, you will see it happens soon !
Old 2 Oct 2006, 17:16 (Ref:1725460)   #15
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to Autosport.com Davidson is signing for Super Aguri as Sato's team mate.

I just hope their car next year is reasonable and Davidson can show the talent that a lot of us think he's got.

It will also show how good or bad Sato really is!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1725502)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That's very good news !
Old 2 Oct 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1725600)   #17
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with Bononi!

I think the car will be a solid one. They will have the 2006 Honda chassis along with the same Honda engine as the works team. It will not be a winning car by any means but I could see Super Aguri having a Sauber-type season, scoring points every now and then. I expect AD to thrash Sato.

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 3 Oct 2006, 00:10 (Ref:1725802)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It's great news, I am really glad to see him finally in a race seat.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 06:44 (Ref:1725938)   #19
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
I agree with Bononi!

I think the car will be a solid one. They will have the 2006 Honda chassis along with the same Honda engine as the works team. It will not be a winning car by any means but I could see Super Aguri having a Sauber-type season, scoring points every now and then. I expect AD to thrash Sato.
I'm not sure that they will be allowed to have the 2006 Honda chassis. The customer car rule wasn't passed by the F1 Commission.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 09:17 (Ref:1726103)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst they wont be allowed to have a "official" version of the 2006 Honda chassis I am sure they will be able to run a car that is essentially the 2006 Honda chassis with enough modifcations and design work of their own to be able to get the car homlogated as one of their own.

Sauber and Ferrari did this back in 2005 I beleive where the Sauber was essentially a F2004 GA with some modifcations.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 01:27 (Ref:1727088)   #21
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

The annoucement is supposedly occuring this weekend!

Quote:
Anthony Davidson is finally set to land a race seat with the Super Aguri team for the 2007 campaign.

Official confirmation that the 27-year-old, currently a test driver at Honda, will partner Takuma Sata is expected at this weekend's Japanese GP.

According to The Guardian, 'Neither Davidson nor the Super Aguri team would comment but it is understood negotiations have been progressing since early in the season. It is believed Super Aguri want to temper Sato's impulsiveness by partnering him with a team-mate such as Davidson.'
http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_...566915,00.html

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 5 Oct 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1729026)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We'll see how steady Davidson is. His testing miles suggest that he is, but his ratio of crashing out of races is worse than Taku's, although perhaps under harder circumstances.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1729213)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R

Sauber and Ferrari did this back in 2005 I beleive where the Sauber was essentially a F2004 GA with some modifcations.
These "modifications" must have included introducing the V8 a year early!

Actually i thought that the Toyota's looked similar to the Ferrari's,allegedly not by accident!
Old 10 Oct 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1734112)   #24
Webslinger
Racer

Webslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK Boots, fine words indeed, but where do/did you find the evidence? I reckon that my Davidson knowledge is pretty second to none, but the "crashing more than Sato" bit confuses me somewhat.

Please explain as I am very keen to check out the source...
Old 10 Oct 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1734138)   #25
Uncle
Rookie

Uncle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
We'll see how steady Davidson is. His testing miles suggest that he is, but his ratio of crashing out of races is worse than Taku's, although perhaps under harder circumstances.
we havent kept any stats on takuma but we are intrigued to see your stats please boots