Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Oct 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1727878)   #1
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Copse Camping at Silverstone

I got my tickets today for the Toca meeting in a couple of weeks, It say camping is at Copse runway, is that the same place as for the GP Masters?
And how do you get a tent peg into Tarmac!!!
Cheers, Lee
Old 4 Oct 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1727880)   #2
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought this thread said corpse camping at Silverstone. I know I'm knockin' on but ...
Old 4 Oct 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1727893)   #3
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Copse camping is on the triangular bit of grass on the infield between Copse and Becketts near the toilet block. Dont know whether its where the GP masters camping was as I was`nt there!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1727895)   #4
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
Yeah, I never thought of that!!!
For the Masters we were camped in the enclosure behind the granstand near the pedestrian bridge on the pit straight.
I guess there is going to be alot more trade stands for the BTCC meeting though, I think I know where you mean though.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1727974)   #5
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I camped at Silverstone TOCA last year.

It was just over the bridge on right hand side next to the hook up's.

(free electric)! keeps you nice and cosy on these cool evenings. I was using a tent heater by the way!

Good luck
Old 4 Oct 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1728002)   #6
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
YAY!
I can bring the Micro, And Tv, And heated blanket, and kettle.......................
Old 4 Oct 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1728012)   #7
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
first year we did it, it was the grass triangle but the toilets and was like a swamp. Not silverstone's fault everything green was swamp like at the time. nice and convenient for the toilets though, this time i think we are wussing it and going to B&B it.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1728997)   #8
Snotty
Rookie

United Kingdom
Billericay Essex
Snotty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The triangle set aside for marshalls camping only has electric hook up at one side and there is only 2 points and you will need long leads. To be honest you have to be there very early to get one of those positions. There are points on the other side of the runway but normally if security are there you will get pushed to the other side. Bottom line don't assume you will get electric hook up. I am a regular at Silverstone with a caravan and have only got electric once in 3 years. If Scortch or Chezza see this thread they might be able to give more information.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1729021)   #9
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chezza comes to save the day

This is a different place to the GP masters. It is in the centre of the circuit and as the others have said it is the triangle of grass next to the runway between copse and becketts. Camping usually starts at the end closest to the toilets for obvious reasons, but you can camp anywhere over there! I am not sure about the leccy hook ups as we don't usually use them!

As you come in through the main gate go over the two bridges and then if the access road is open at the bottom of the second one turn right and go down there or if its not you can access it via the media carpark.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 22:07 (Ref:1729317)   #10
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never managed the leccy hookup yet, so take a genny with me and a good battery, plus plenty of beer so when the genny runs out of petrol or hte battery dies, who cares!!
Old 6 Oct 2006, 02:54 (Ref:1729419)   #11
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is plenty of room, I have camped there a couple of times (both when it was open for spectators at the LMES, and crashed it as a photographer a few times...

Close to toilets, but there aren't usually showers from what I've found - you have to use the ones in the paddock.

I'm going to the TOCA meeting, and will probably camp there (I'm working, and they usually don't mind), but I'm bringing my other half aswell. Hopefully she won't mind...