Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Oct 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1730305)   #1
sburns
Rookie

sburns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feedback gratefully requested.

A thought hit me this week, so I thought I would post on a few motorsport forums to see what people thought of my idea.

I am asking for feedback to a couple of questions to see whether or not to follow through with what I am thinking.

Would you be willing to pay a one-time fee/make a donation in order to view current and past Le Mans programmes??

If you were willing to pay, how much would you be willing to pay.

The idea that came to me was to create a website and scan the various Le Mans programmes where people would be able to log on and access all of the programmes.

Considering how hard it is to find the older programmes & how expensive it is to buy them, I was just wondering if people would be willing to pay a one-time fee of $10USD or ??? in order to view these rare programmes.

Between the programmes that I already own & a contact that I have that I know has the programmes that I don't, we would be able to have all 74 programmes on the website.

So, I am just trying to get some feedback as to whether or not this idea would actually work and whether or not people would be willing to pay & also how much would they be willing to pay in order to view all of the programmes.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Old 6 Oct 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1730308)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it could work. It also sounds like a good idea. IMO. Good luck with it.
Old 6 Oct 2006, 23:12 (Ref:1730338)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
It sounds very interesting. I wonder how you would handle the licensing?
Old 7 Oct 2006, 02:47 (Ref:1730465)   #4
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That sounds like a great idea...licensing could be the problem though
Old 7 Oct 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1730584)   #5
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are already a couple of sites that have some elements of what you want to do.
http://www.progcovers.com/motor/lemans2.html
and
http://www.racingarchives.org/
So there could be a demand.

As the owner of a few LM programs myself I am not sure if any of the contents would be of interest as most are 80% adverts anyway.
Old 7 Oct 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1730744)   #6
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good idea, but surely you would have to get permissionfrom the ACO as you are trying to make money out of their interlectual property.

Just something to bear in mind. Perhaps you would draw a line at so many years old.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1733015)   #7
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't pay that. I'm used to getting stuff like that or the equivalent information for free.
I think you'd have to offer more services than just that.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 14:35 (Ref:1733087)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about, browse data for free, but have downloadable printable versions for sale.

Like others have said, I'm sure the ACO would want their cut of the deal.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 15:13 (Ref:1733107)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree with whats said above, I doubt the information is yours to distribute.

It sounds like a good resource, but I doubt I would pay for it. I am interested, but I'd spend the cash on other things. I'm not knocking the idea, but that is would be my choice.

Perhaps contact the ACO and offer to provide this service for them. They may pay for it.