Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Oct 2006, 23:50 (Ref:1745585)   #1
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What happened to the Toyotas?

What happened to them? one minute they were running well in 3rd and 6th. Next they were both parked in the garage. I am guessing it was some type of electrical issue for it be on both cars. Does anyone know what it was. It was weird for them to go both out in a short space of time.

Last edited by beau1; 22 Oct 2006 at 23:56.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 23:59 (Ref:1745586)   #2
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Something in the rear suspension broke on both cars.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1745605)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I believe that the problem was with the center rear wing support..
Old 23 Oct 2006, 00:33 (Ref:1745608)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think it was the central suspension that failed.I think that most F1 cars now have three spring assemblies front and back.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 02:44 (Ref:1745693)   #5
flashing
Rookie

flashing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Their press release states:

"However, the team's race was over soon after when a problem with the central element of the rear suspension forced both Jarno and Ralf to pull into the pits and retire, on laps 11 and 10 respectively."

A dismal end to yet another dismal season for Toyota, and you really have to wonder when this outfit is going to start performing inline with the resources at their disposal. My personal guess is never.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1746044)   #6
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm for me the most annoying thing about that situation was Martin Brundles continual reference to BMW catching toyota for 4th place in the constructors ---- think he's been spending too much time with the James Allen
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1746052)   #7
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty shocking season all round for Toyota, amasing that both structures broke within a lap of each other.
Unless they start getting wins next year some heads may roll at Toyota headquarters.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1746158)   #8
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashing
A dismal end to yet another dismal season for Toyota, and you really have to wonder when this outfit is going to start performing inline with the resources at their disposal. My personal guess is never.

Or when they are going to pull the plug on the whole operation.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1746415)   #9
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsy
Or when they are going to pull the plug on the whole operation.
quite soon probably
Old 23 Oct 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1746719)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I honestly love seeing Toyota fail. They have no clue how to run a truly competitive F1 team; they just throw money at hiring people and hope it will all work out. Too much money most of the time as well. Fingers crossed Williams get equal engines next year, if they do they might beat them, and at that point the Toyota top brass might reconsider their entry.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1746722)   #11
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey 6 litre
Unless they start getting wins next year some heads may roll at Toyota headquarters.
Or more key and talented personal walk!
Old 23 Oct 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1746732)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jarce
Or more key and talented personal walk!
Ralf and Jarno are safe then.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1746738)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm surprised they haven't sacked their engine man yet. He's been making top motors for Toyota for five seasons now and about to embark on a sixth! Madness!
Old 23 Oct 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1746742)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I'm surprised they haven't sacked their engine man yet. He's been making top motors for Toyota for five seasons now and about to embark on a sixth! Madness!
Extra! Extra! Toyota sack engine man,Cosworth win reprieve,shock,horror!
Old 1 Nov 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1755532)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder whether Toyota think Williams have no hope of beating them with their own engine. I assume they're extremely confident that'll be the case to be prepared to sell engines to them.

The other manufacturers who supply other teams with engines are all ones who for the near future at least are almost guaranteed to be able to beat their customers.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1755537)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
I'm for me the most annoying thing about that situation was Martin Brundles continual reference to BMW catching toyota for 4th place in the constructors ---- think he's been spending too much time with the James Allen
I can't say I remember. What was the problem here; that he said 4th (or is that your typo), or that BMW was ahead of Toyota in the points at the previous race?

It was significant change. If Toyota hadn't dropped out they would have probably have grabbed a couple of points which would have put them ahead of BMW.

Back tothe specific problem. Apparently theproblem has occurred before and seems tobe caused by a (relatively) bumpy circuit.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 22:28 (Ref:1755714)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore

Back tothe specific problem. Apparently theproblem has occurred before and seems tobe caused by a (relatively) bumpy circuit.
It previously happened at Monaco (or Imola),but they didn't seem to learn from that experience did they.End of term report-Must try harder!
Old 2 Nov 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1756318)   #18
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I can't say I remember. What was the problem here; that he said 4th (or is that your typo), or that BMW was ahead of Toyota in the points at the previous race?
A) BMW were infront of Toyota in the WCC

and...

B) they were competing for 5th place, not 4th.

If he'd said it once, or apologised that wouldn't be so bad, but he said it a number of times.

.. the whole Kubica's been hit by an STR thing was annoying to, they didn't even pick up on it when heidfeld pitted intstead.
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1756380)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Both of the things I guessed! Cheers

Don't worry, they were probably watching something more important
Old 2 Nov 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1756664)   #20
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
A) BMW were infront of Toyota in the WCC

and...

B) they were competing for 5th place, not 4th.

If he'd said it once, or apologised that wouldn't be so bad, but he said it a number of times.

.. the whole Kubica's been hit by an STR thing was annoying to, they didn't even pick up on it when heidfeld pitted intstead.
Don't worry guys, in Polish tv commentery is the same crap
Old 3 Nov 2006, 02:38 (Ref:1756748)   #21
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I'd never put Toyota's troubles down to an engine problem Knowles, rather aero problems with the car. If that's what you mean. Over here sacking someone means you fire em.