Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Apr 2001, 19:48 (Ref:84502)   #1
Sauber_16
Rookie

Sauber_16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Call me crazy if you will, but Jenson...I know he has a lot of following, and he impressed many in his first season. But Kimi Raikkonen? Wow!! How many people love this guy? All shout I !! I cannot believe the skill of this guy, though I make it clear Nick Heidfeld is my favourite driver (along with...Michael Schumacher)! I am glad Nick has finally proved that Jenson is not an outstandingly better driver than this small, young-looking driver who ran to his mum in tears having been pushed off the race-track by the chubby Ralf Schumacher when karting! Everyone bought F1 Racing?!

Anyway, best of luck to Heidfeld and M Schumacher...my ideal race finish would be:

Michael Schumacher
Nick Heidfeld
Kimi Raikkonen
Mika Hakkinen
Enrique Bernoldi
Old 24 Apr 2001, 19:58 (Ref:84508)   #2
McLaren-15
Rookie

McLaren-15 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey,

Just thought I would remind you that it is not Jenson's fault that he is a Benetton which is not the most competitive car. Although I agree that Nick has done well this season and I think that he will do better. Kimi has done great and I will definately be supporting him and I am sure he can do as well as Nick!
Old 24 Apr 2001, 21:56 (Ref:84549)   #3
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello, my two little newbie chums!!

Seriously, welcome to our humble forum. Stick around!! It's dead good!! (and busy!)

Re: Buttinho, I'm practically the only one in this forum who thinks he's got an once of talent, which he has even if he is the most arrogant c*nt since herr TGF (for future referance, TGF stands for That German... FELLOW and represnts Schumi, saves us writing his name)
Old 24 Apr 2001, 22:45 (Ref:84566)   #4
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Welcome Sara and Frances - two fellow F1 driver stalkers from Silverstone!!!

Button will come crashing down to earth this season, going from top to bottom in such a short space of time though can only do good - it will make him appreciate how much effort the guys at Minardi, Arrows, Prost and co. put in.

As for Kimi, what can I say - this guy is GOD!!!

GO KIMI!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! (Calm down Mark...)

Old 24 Apr 2001, 23:00 (Ref:84572)   #5
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some people are saying that Jenson is overrated and is **** blah blah blah. but stick him in that Williams and he would be up their with TGF's brother fighting for race wins and podiums.

As for Kimi, that guy is a sure fire future world champ
Old 24 Apr 2001, 23:32 (Ref:84587)   #6
Raceace
Rookie

Raceace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All these questions will be answered when we get to the 'Driver's Circuts.' Only when the competiveness of the car is minimalised ie. Monaco, we will finally see who are the better of these young drivers. For example last year the vastly experienced Jean Alesi was able to be up with the best at Monaco in his good for nothing Prost. I can't wait.

Also remember that Jenson qualified third at Spa - another driver's circut and that the Renault is undertuned for reliabilty.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 00:05 (Ref:84602)   #7
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Some people are saying that Jenson is overrated and is **** blah blah blah. but stick him in that Williams and he would be up their with TGF's brother fighting for race wins and podiums.
I completely agree. I could never understand why so many people were quick to dismiss Button's talent. If last season didn't proove that he's got what it takes to be a great F1 driver, then I don't know what will.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 25 Apr 2001 at 00:06.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 01:07 (Ref:84613)   #8
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think Jenson has talent and a lot of time (he's very, very young compared to other "rookies" in their mid-twenties). That being said, his main problem is not the new Renault engine, his main problem right now is an italian guy by the name of Giancarlo.

Jenson needs to come ahead in the comparison with Fisi or it's midfield teams for him from now on. Flavio won't take kindly to a driver who can't keep up with Fisichella, no matter what.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 02:20 (Ref:84632)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will honest and say that Nick Heidfeld has suprised me more than Raikkonen or Button. I always thought Heidfeld had a skill, because he preformed admirably in comparison to his team mate (Alesi) at Prost last year.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 02:23 (Ref:84634)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its not as though his talent went out the window when he signed his Beneton contract. Unfortunately, a dog of a ride can obscure the talent of the driver and no one is going to win in a duff car with a de-tuned engine.

Button has to hope Sir Frank's memory is a good one, or else, in 2003 he'll be hunting for a ride along with Fisi.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 04:20 (Ref:84664)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't hope Enrique will be 6th, because than Jos does'nt finish(otherwise he would be ahead of Enrique).

But Jensons season(compared to last year) is a great example for today's F1, the car is more important than the driver
Old 25 Apr 2001, 06:17 (Ref:84669)   #12
aadpack
Rookie

aadpack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I feel sorry for Button that he has to drive this bad, bad, bad Benneton.

Also ,now Frank Williams sold his behind to this ugly Flavio type,I am afraid that his talent will be flushed out the window because of his bad seat.

Flavio isn`t the guy to admit its the car thats not performing.

Many more talent were used by this guy and had a hard time climbing out of this Flavio pit.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 09:39 (Ref:84690)   #13
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jenson button doesnt have a f1 car..looks like he's driving some formula nippon car.
i think we will soon see him in a better car for spain. sources say benetton is doin well with TC but they still have a slow car. I hope it only gets better from 22nd position.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 17:37 (Ref:84888)   #14
Sauber_16
Rookie

Sauber_16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, just me again!

And a special hello to Tristan for welcoming me!! Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone about my JB comment...that's not my nature, honest!!

The Benetton is foul right now, maybe JB and GF would do better pushing each other round the circuit on the jacks?! Hmm...just a suggestion.

One Spanish Paella of a Grand Prix coming up soon! Wahey, can't wait. Thanks for explaining the TGF thing, I was slightly confused whether I agree or not is a different matter...!!

The question is....when I go to testing next week, and I am faced with the possibility of seeing Nick Heidfeld there....if he drives out and I am there to stop him, what do I say?! If I manage to avoid fainting, I am not sure how to broach the subject of marriage. Help!! Lol!!

Take Care Guys!

Sara
Old 25 Apr 2001, 19:16 (Ref:84918)   #15
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by aadpack
I feel sorry for Button that he has to drive this bad, bad, bad Benneton.
You might think I'm crazy for saying this, but I don't feel sorry for him at all. I've said on other forums that driving a bad car is part of gaining experience, and Button needs to learn how to develop a car. I am in no doubt that last year, Button's car-developing skills will not have been impressive. And if the Benetton is better at the end of next season than it is now, if Button leaves then, he will leave a better driver than when he arrived.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 25 Apr 2001, 20:23 (Ref:84963)   #16
Tristan
Veteran

Not crazy at all. well, at least not in this instance
Old 26 Apr 2001, 00:30 (Ref:85092)   #17
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't feel sorry for Jenson - as I already said, this will prove to mould him into a better, more respectful driver. Look at DC's derogatory comments about Minardi last season - he made them because he has always been in a top team, and does not know what it is like to be at the other end of the grid. Being at Benetton will do Jenson a world of good - and will do nothing to diminish his considerable talent.

Sara, if you are expecting to be caught when you faint, think again - we will be too busy looking out for Kimi.

Last edited by Minardi fan; 26 Apr 2001 at 00:30.
Old 26 Apr 2001, 17:12 (Ref:85355)   #18
McLaren-15
Rookie

McLaren-15 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think that Jenson will become a better driver after spending time at Benetton and if Benetton become more competitive when he is still with them then he will be able to show the talent which he has.

I agree Mark, if Kimi and Nick come out at the same time then Sara will have to hope that she has the strength not to faint otherwise she better hope that someone else is standing behind her!
Old 26 Apr 2001, 17:31 (Ref:85364)   #19
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't rate him last year, don't rate him this year.
He may improve but don't believe the hype he still hasn't blown his teammate away with his "natural talent".
Old 26 Apr 2001, 18:25 (Ref:85402)   #20
Tristan
Veteran

That's because Fischo is

A) a very good driver INDEED

and

B) Flavio LOVES GF. The team more likley than not is already giving GF slightly preferential treatment. Look at Alex Wurz, a driver EASILY of Button's equal, gets blown away completly