Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Dec 2006, 22:49 (Ref:1784526)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Denyer leaves Sunrise

Just heard on Sunrise this morning that Grant "Mad Dog" Denyer is leaving is forcast gig. This wasn't a surprise though. So, where does this leave Grant, does he still race in the Fujitsu Series or become a commentator for next year for the V8's?
Old 7 Dec 2006, 22:52 (Ref:1784532)   #2
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe does both???
Old 7 Dec 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1784535)   #3
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's not completely leaving sunrise, he's just becoming a feature reporter, a similar role to that which Monique Wright performs. It means he wont be travelling as much (he said its been around 500 nights away from home in 2 1/2 years!)

which to me makes me think one of two things:
1. By freeing him up a bit, seven can use him more liberally in a v8 coverage, as well as spending more time concentrating on the development series (remember, he missed wakefield park this year because of 'it takes two')
2. he's organised a main series deal, and needs more time to focus on a full 13/14 round year. (possible, but less likely).
Old 7 Dec 2006, 23:21 (Ref:1784546)   #4
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Call me silly ...it's been done before after all....but the Crystal Couch and Tramadol have me wondering if 7 is going to once again provide leading edge broadcasting.

Imagine Denyer providing snippets as he wanders around the track on a separate channel with the camera and sound footage on 7-second time delay - like talkback radio - and Denyer's voice preprogrammed into a BEEP machine so that it recognises bad words so that we cn get him live and in-car as he chses, is chased, passes, or is passed....or maybe trundles down pitlane or around behind a safety car??

It'd be wonderful!!

If any of this might happen of course
Old 8 Dec 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1784584)   #5
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!

Imagine Denyer providing snippets as he wanders around the track on a separate channel with the camera and sound footage on 7-second time delay .......
Won't need a 7 second delay, they will have several hours (days?) to edit the show before it actually goes to air at the current rate. After 7 show the 43.5536 hours of AFL on the weekend the 42 minute highlight package will be slick
Old 8 Dec 2006, 04:13 (Ref:1784720)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could his 'feature reporting' on Sunrise form some part of the rumour a month or so back that he was heading to 'The Great Outdoors'?

I want to see Neil Crompton's motoring segment return to 'The Great Outdoors'.....actually, no i don't
Old 12 Dec 2006, 23:30 (Ref:1789388)   #7
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With Grant now a 'TV personality', Channel 7 want to keep him closer to home so they can utilise him in a more varied way across the network. Plus, I believe it was around contract re-negotiation time, and as has been mentioned he was really over the constant travelling. At various times he was covering over 1000km a week doing the regional trips for Sunrise weather.
I'd expect to see him combining his racing with some V8SCS work (pit reporting probably, not commentating as that will be Crompton and Daniel Gibson) as well as a variety of other Network 7 gigs. Unlikely to be Great Outdoors because that would mean even more travelling which wouldn't be feasible if he wanted to continue racing.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 01:19 (Ref:1789431)   #8
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daniel Gibson? Who would want to put up with HIM

Last edited by marcus; 13 Dec 2006 at 01:29.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 01:26 (Ref:1789437)   #9
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently Seven do.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 01:39 (Ref:1789446)   #10
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who is Daniel Gibson, and were does he come from and what has he commentated on. Someone please.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 13 Dec 2006, 02:02 (Ref:1789462)   #11
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is seen on speedweek competeing in the Dutton rally.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 13 Dec 2006, 02:22 (Ref:1789475)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i havn't heard him is he good, bad, or Diffey league (average)?
Old 13 Dec 2006, 02:39 (Ref:1789485)   #13
just asking
Rookie

just asking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daniel Gibson is a Tv weatherman on sevens affiliate PRIME.
He is often seen on Speedweek as the host and as a pit reporter...Cams series and AMRS i think.

From what i have heard he wont be commentating at all....this will be left to two others. But he will be in the pits....from what ive seen and heard from teams and stuff...he is well liked and knows his stuff.....mind you stonedpony doesnt seem to think so!!

As for the other post (lookleft) that suggested seven will have plenty of time (days) to edit the show, suggesting it wont be anywhere near live, why the negativity? TEN havnt always done the right thing by viewers if you remember rightly!

Seven will do a top job....it may take a couple of rounds to fine tune it all...but give em fair go first hey!!

Last edited by just asking; 13 Dec 2006 at 02:42.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 03:06 (Ref:1789500)   #14
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
i havn't heard him is he good, bad, or Diffey league (average)?
Not too bad, definately not in the league of Diffey volume levels.

Isnt going to challenge Crompton in terms of technical knowledge, however that is a good thing in that we only have to put up with one guy rambling on about random things that have an extreme minority of relevance to what is occurring in front of us.

I understood Daniel Gibson to be the pit reporter though, as oppossed to a commentator
Old 13 Dec 2006, 03:20 (Ref:1789503)   #15
just asking
Rookie

D.R.T - your on the money there....he wont be commentating the main game...that will be left up to two others, but he will be part of them team as a pit reporter.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 03:27 (Ref:1789506)   #16
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by just asking

As for the other post (lookleft) that suggested seven will have plenty of time (days) to edit the show, suggesting it wont be anywhere near live, why the negativity? TEN havnt always done the right thing by viewers if you remember rightly!

Seven will do a top job....it may take a couple of rounds to fine tune it all...but give em fair go first hey!!
Welcome to the forum.

There has been much chat about the possible impacts (negative AND positive) of V8's sliding over to 7 in other threads. No point going over it all again, suffice to say many are less than convinced 7 is the best choice in non-commercial terms. Time will tell.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 03:44 (Ref:1789511)   #17
just asking
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome lookleft.

Its interesting the whole debate. Ive actually spoken to a number of the teams and i was surprised at the level of enthuisiam they have towards the new deal. I thought they would of expressed some doubts and concerns about leaving network ten...but none were forthcoming.

I hope as much as you do that it works a treat!
Old 13 Dec 2006, 04:56 (Ref:1789532)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just noticed one in the latest Ticketek newsletter with respect to the V8 Experience giving away a drive in a V8 Supercar with Grant... could there be a tie up with Radspeed in the future??
Old 13 Dec 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1789798)   #19
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like back in the Development series for Grant. I heard a while ago he would be driving for a Qld based team.