Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Dec 2006, 01:33 (Ref:1784616)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Repco & GRM??

Just heard that Repco has asked for it share trading to be halted pending an announcement of a possible takeover on Monday. I wonder what this will mean to the Rogers operation in 07.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 01:41 (Ref:1784619)   #2
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Repco has changed hands before, has it changed hands since their relationship with rogers? i cant remember the last time it changed hands
Old 8 Dec 2006, 01:46 (Ref:1784621)   #3
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Herd a little while ago that both Repco & Autobarn were struggling in the market.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 8 Dec 2006, 01:51 (Ref:1784622)   #4
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i read that both repco and supercheap were struggling and a merger could be on the hands. i might of even got the link to the article off this site? could supercheap takeover repco?
Old 8 Dec 2006, 03:12 (Ref:1784669)   #5
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looked like they would awhile ago but then they backed out maybe they've changed there mind or could be plenty of others in or out of the industry I guess too.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 03:20 (Ref:1784679)   #6
Don Peppino
Rookie

Don Peppino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has previously been in the press that Repco will go back into supplying trade only, and will either sell or merge its retail operations. I suspect that with Supercheap offering customer more choice and cheaper products, the money just isnt there anymore.

This is my opinion only.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 09:08 (Ref:1784921)   #7
Taz Q2
Racer

Australia
Bathurst & Emerald
Taz Q2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sponsored by Repco Emerald, & they have'nt heard a thing in regards to any take over bid, so either you lot are bloody quick off the mark, or it's vicious rumors a plenty.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1784950)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It has only been in the financial press for months
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Dec 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1784975)   #9
Taz Q2
Racer

Australia
Bathurst & Emerald
Like i said smart arse, they did'nt know about it & i dont read a paper like that, roll you're eyes at me you......

Last edited by Taz Q2; 8 Dec 2006 at 10:28.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1784976)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A nerd's paper?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Dec 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1784982)   #11
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What i dont understand is how Autobarn being the most overpriced of the three players manages to keep afloat, even though Repco is struggling..

Going by my local Repco store, and comparing it to the nearest Supercheap, id go the Repco for the service.. at least the guys at my Repco actually speak english.. hahahaha.

I think Repco is signed up to GRM for another two years, so unless they go bankrupt, i think they are stuck sponsoring the team.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 10:43 (Ref:1784986)   #12
Taz Q2
Racer

Australia
Bathurst & Emerald
You want to start, as it's quite clearly obvious what sort of person you are by the response you have given,if you had any intelligence at all, it would have taken no effort to elaborate on you're knowledge without the smart arse comment refering to me as being slow off the mark with this information that both my regional manager & myself were unaware of, it's ******s like you who have nothing better to do with their lives than to sit on here & try & make a mockery of others who dont need to spend their every waking moment looking at papers trying to figure out what's going on ( i have nerds do it for me )..........it cracks me up to see what idiots like you are up to & just how much time you waste on here with needless information.............King of the dog **** pile hey.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1784989)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Q2
You want to start, as it's quite clearly obvious what sort of person you are by the response you have given,if you had any intelligence at all, it would have taken no effort to elaborate on you're knowledge without the smart arse comment refering to me as being slow off the mark with this information that both my regional manager & myself were unaware of, it's ******s like you who have nothing better to do with their lives than to sit on here & try & make a mockery of others who dont need to spend their every waking moment looking at papers trying to figure out what's going on ( i have nerds do it for me )..........it cracks me up to see what idiots like you are up to & just how much time you waste on here with needless information.............King of the dog **** pile hey.
Sorry that you dont choose to (or are incapable) of reading a newspaper. Its been in the major dailies, in the Fin Review amongst others for some months now. If you took the interest in your employer, you would also know that the business has been in danger of breaching its borrowing covenants for some time, and the closure of dozens of shopfronts, including the one nearest me, was designed to reduce the cash drain on the overall business. Dumped a fair few staff from that process also.

It is clearly not a healthy operation at this point in time. Whatever the outcome of Monday's announcement, it would need to be significantly better than a share price that is well under the listing price, and better than having the usual vultures buying up shares on the cheap waiting for a new suitor

Oops, I guess thats all a bit nerdy huh.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Dec 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1785035)   #14
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thanks for playing taz
Old 8 Dec 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1785078)   #15
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Sorry that you dont choose to (or are incapable) of reading a newspaper. Its been in the major dailies, in the Fin Review amongst others for some months now. If you took the interest in your employer, you would also know that the business has been in danger of breaching its borrowing covenants for some time, and the closure of dozens of shopfronts, including the one nearest me, was designed to reduce the cash drain on the overall business. Dumped a fair few staff from that process also.

It is clearly not a healthy operation at this point in time. Whatever the outcome of Monday's announcement, it would need to be significantly better than a share price that is well under the listing price, and better than having the usual vultures buying up shares on the cheap waiting for a new suitor

Oops, I guess thats all a bit nerdy huh.
And that's game, set and match to Mr. Magic I believe.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 Dec 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1785088)   #16
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raglanparade
What i dont understand is how Autobarn being the most overpriced of the three players manages to keep afloat, even though Repco is struggling..
my guess for an answer to that is 3 words (of poorly stuctured english): "Fully-Sick Subwoofer!!"

Repco appeals to more of the 'tradional' (for want of a better word) motoring parts/accessories market, Autobarn - at least in the one in my general area- have been aiming themselves more at today's 'fast and the furious' style of motoring enthusiast. as more and more young people grow up with this new style of car culture, they are more attracted to this style of auto store. whilst overall, they provide a similar service, just walk into any autobarn (near me at least) and you will see almost an entire wall of the store just dedicated to stereos, with a small spares section in the back. Walk into a repco on the other hand, theres quite a large spares section (what repco have been known for for years), and the stereos are a much smaller range in a corner. I guess the best way to describe it as repco is more spares oriented, whereas autobarn is more accessories oriented. modern culture, particulary for alot of young males today, has (unfortunately or otherwise) turned todays 'cool car' as one that has stereos as loud as the car - and autobarn has capitalised on this, giving them an advantage over the competition. (just look at the local 'car hangout' (such as southport broadwater carpark for those on the gold coast) - its now about showing the car and having more of a 'sound off' and a cruise, often in cars such as nissans/mitsubishis, whereas a while back, it was sorta more about racing to see whos car is better (and more often in a holden/ford/valiant) - that is not to say that this doesnt happen anymore)

dont get me wrong, i'm not saying that the curren road car culture is all 'ricey' (for want of a better term) - some of the cars you see are very nice, and alot can get going aswell. its just a sign of changing times, thats all, and it happens.

infact, this reminds me of a story i saw once on top gear, where they raced an 'traditional' sports car - MG - against one of today's euro/japanese hot hatches.

(end essay - sorry bout the length!)
Old 8 Dec 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1785165)   #17
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
And that's game, set and match to Mr. Magic I believe.
Yep

Some guys just don't read the instruction manuals do they GTR
Old 8 Dec 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1785372)   #18
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have two Repco stores close to home whom I frequent probably monthly , and I have noticed that service has gone downhill over the past few years as the number of counter staff have been reduced as have the products that Repco used to stock , nowdays always seems to be that they have to get the item from elsewhere and this ties up counter staff with phone calls and other searches and this frustrates others waiting for service , often the case is to return the item you are going to purchase back to the shelf and go next door to Supercheap where they have a teller so the problem doesn't exist .
Repco once the "spare parts experts" are now being beaten for products and service by "Global auto spares" here in the SE corner.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1785395)   #19
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coventrys

The way forward for Repco is being suggested as to be privatised (as GTR advised this has been speculated on for months), or merged (aka taken over) by Coventrys, who have not been sponsors of motor sport in my memory.

Also speculation involved Bursons.
Old 9 Dec 2006, 00:52 (Ref:1785510)   #20
Taz Q2
Racer

Australia
Bathurst & Emerald
Ha Ha Ha, who are you trying to kid here ole mate, you're self or me, having been a local representitive for Repco for three years, i have taken a very deep interest in the local aspect of the company & have been supported tremendously by the area manager & store manager.

All facets of my representation for the company have been duely covered, more so since last night because after i had seen the crap on here i rang the area manager & asked him just exactly what was going on, to which he replied " the norm in buisness when things are a bit slow mate " the company is looking at ways in which they can further strengthen thier opportunity's to remain competitive within the industry.

Now being the intelligent lad that i am, unlike you, i dont need to fill my waking hours of the day getting on here posting useless information because it's the be all & end all of what i do, it's not, but for you... well,
sad exsistence really, ( how many posts in how many years, you've got serious issues ) & as for being concerened for my sponsors wellbeing, well as my area manager explained last night, keep doing what i'm doing now as what difference am i going to make to a situation i have absolutley no control over, but in you're eyes i would be seen doing everything i could to worry myself stupid over nothing & elaborating on needless trivial information i can do nothing about in any which way shape or form.

As for being able to read a paper...... lmfao.............like i said i pay idiots like you to do it for me while i spend my time enjoying life.

Game set & match chatters............it's only round one ******.
Old 9 Dec 2006, 01:14 (Ref:1785534)   #21
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously not at PI this weekend GTR .... looks like we both missed out on a great weekend of racing
Old 9 Dec 2006, 01:37 (Ref:1785556)   #22
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Taz Q2, hate to say it, mate, but I am quickly losing faith in Repco when they send twacks like you to try and defend a situation that is quite dire.

I recommend you sack your nerdspaper readers as they aren't filling you in. Clearly your manager never told you what was going on, or you would have picked up a bundle of 87 cent shares in your employer when Archers did. Crikey, I would if I had the money as Private Equity companies making a unge at Repco means only one of two things: a buyout or a merger/acquisition.

For your sake, hopefully your job is safe, but after your pitiful display on here, for the sake of your employer's future, perhaps its better if it isn't!
Old 9 Dec 2006, 01:44 (Ref:1785559)   #23
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well this is going to spiral downwards even quciker than it already has.

thread closed guys
Closed Thread