Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 28 Jan 2007, 12:53 (Ref:1827774)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Top Gear - Season 9

Well tonight we see the long-awaited return of Top Gear to our screens following the notorious Hamster crash. Richard Hammond has amazed the doctors with his recovery but let's keep that chat in the other thread and stick to talking about the actual show in this one.

According to the Top Gear website they'll be turning their hand to road building (you can surely look forward to lots of quips about Hammond driving the road roller as it's safer), Jamie Oliver is the 'Star In A Reasonably Priced Car' and, of course, there's that infamous crash footage.

Can't wait!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1827797)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks a cracking series all round! I can't wait to see the "space" rocket they build later on and Hammond in the Renault F1 car. And a golfing holiday!

Unless they have scrapped all the stuff they had ready and have re-made it all again (I doubt it).

Roll on 8 o' clock. Sounds sad, but the return of Top Gear is deeply and totally exciting!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 13:28 (Ref:1827801)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I was in the US in September and driving through Death Valley we were pretty surprised to see two Vauxhall Astras driving the opposite direction followed by a Chevvy Blazer with a TV camera mounted on it's roof! We wondered then if we'd just seen Mr Clarkson driving the other day but I promptly forgot about it after picking up a copy of the LA Times a couple of days later and reading about 'the' crash... so if that was them and the feature makes it to air then look for us going the other way trying to set our own land speed record!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 13:46 (Ref:1827821)   #4
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant wait for tonight either!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 13:48 (Ref:1827823)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
It's like Christmas Eve and we're all excited little kids haha
Old 28 Jan 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1827871)   #6
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually can not physically wait.

I've been bouncing off the walls this weekend
Old 28 Jan 2007, 15:00 (Ref:1827872)   #7
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
How weird is that? I've just opened this page and my Ipod (on Shuffle) has just put on Jessica by the Allman Brothers! (for those that don't know, that's the name of the music used for the Top Gear theme tune)
Old 28 Jan 2007, 15:01 (Ref:1827873)   #8
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
t-300 minutes.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 17:33 (Ref:1827968)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Looks like Jamie Oliver was trying to 'do a Hammond'
Old 28 Jan 2007, 17:46 (Ref:1827979)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quick! Take Top Gear off the air now! People's lives are in danger!

Old 28 Jan 2007, 19:35 (Ref:1828034)   #11
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm really looking forward to this series...I just hope it lives up to all the hype.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 20:02 (Ref:1828052)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Nice entrance for Hammond there!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 20:04 (Ref:1828053)   #13
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a great start, the girls were great!

Looking forward to the rest of it....

But no mention of teeth yet?!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1828061)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
It's not called Top Grin, Suze
Old 28 Jan 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1828064)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Good, Jamie Oliver is gone now.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 20:29 (Ref:1828067)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Thank god for that. Now get rid of this horrible Jaguar and back to the show.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 20:29 (Ref:1828068)   #17
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lol...Tom Jones gargling a NASCAR!

This is good so far!!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 20:37 (Ref:1828070)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think I'm the only one who would have expected a mention of teeth and teeth whitening by now, seeing as the beginning was about his return and recovery!

Good show so far, great to have it back.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1828073)   #19
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Loving it so far
Old 28 Jan 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1828083)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

"How did you not spot that?!? I'm sorry....if I'm sitting in the living room with the wife and kids and a lion walks in, I'm gonna spot it."
Old 28 Jan 2007, 21:04 (Ref:1828086)   #21
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
Wow, he's a lucky chap is old Hammond!!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1828088)   #22
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83
How weird is that? I've just opened this page and my Ipod (on Shuffle) has just put on Jessica by the Allman Brothers! (for those that don't know, that's the name of the music used for the Top Gear theme tune)
That's nothing. I was listening to "Happy Birthday" taken from an Altered Images concert in Leeds in March 1981 on my MP3 on the random-play-all and the very next song was the album version of the same song.

Spooky.

It's a hidden message from the Hamster.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 21:06 (Ref:1828090)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

How did you listen to an MP3 player in 1981? Ahead of your time.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 21:07 (Ref:1828092)   #24
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
I have to say althought it was a bad accident the roll wasn't as violent as I was expecting and was actually quite a gentle roll, its just the speed at which it happened.

They said they wouldn't mention it anymore, I wonder if they will or not.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 21:08 (Ref:1828093)   #25
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor show Knowlesy!

I must say, James taking Jeremy's megaphone and throwing it under the steam roller made me giggle!