Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 Mar 2007, 10:09 (Ref:1857793)   #1
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rally of Kent 2007

For anyone who was planning to compete, marshal, spectate etc - have just heard through my motorclub that this event has unfortunately been cancelled as I was down to marshal

Am sure all competitors, marshals etc will be notified by the relevant people but just for anyone that may not hear or was planning to spectate, saves you a trip to find nothing's there.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 11:24 (Ref:1857857)   #2
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
That's bad news- that's usually the first event of my year's spectating...

Any indication what the problem is?
Old 4 Mar 2007, 11:35 (Ref:1857859)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
That's bad news- that's usually the first event of my year's spectating...

Any indication what the problem is?
Lack of entries (48 only).
Old 4 Mar 2007, 14:12 (Ref:1857956)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The event needed a minimum of 60 entries so unfortunately it's cancelled I was going to be a marshal on this one too (although there was an outside chance I may have got a co-drive). Big shame - it's a great event and the stages are superb.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1857998)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep - what brands said (though didn't know the figure - cheers brands).

It is a shame, been looking forward to it for months
Old 4 Mar 2007, 17:06 (Ref:1858028)   #6
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another one here who had been looking forward to it for months. I was going to be found dong startline on the Hempsted stage...Looks like I'll have to be nice to my mother instead that day.

I dearly hope this isn't the death of rallying in the south east...we've seen so many other events cancelled.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1858036)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
I dearly hope this isn't the death of rallying in the south east...we've seen so many other events cancelled.
I think it is - Powerush, cancelled, Kent Road Rally, cancelled, RoK, cancelled, Longcross, closed - but just started another thread to continue that discussion there

Now got to find something else to do on the 18th...glad I hadn't gone out to buy the new waterproofs this weekend just for the rally though!
Old 6 Mar 2007, 22:51 (Ref:1860176)   #8
GreenSaxo
Racer

England
Ashford, Kent
GreenSaxo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very sad to hear the news of it being canceled, being an ashford person (did i just admit that.. oops) its my local rally, and the only one i get to spectate at without setting off really really early or having a pre-event night away fingers crossed the 2008 can go ahead, i liked being able to watch 4 stages in Kingswood, then rushing to bedgebury to see the final 2 stages before the rallycars arrived from hempsted.

my pics from 2006 for those who want to look at them as we are missing out on 2007
Old 8 Mar 2007, 11:23 (Ref:1861354)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Announcement on the Rally of Kent website:

http://www.rallyofkent.co.uk/

Not good news at all essentially unless the MSA get agreement on changes to the way forest charges are worked out there will be no more Kent forestry stages. The MSA needs to pull its finger out and work out a viable solution.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 12:06 (Ref:1861387)   #10
Suze
Veteran

England
Saw that yesterday too - well written and true but not good news - big shame.

Agree that the MSA need to pull their finger out - let's just hope they do!
Old 8 Mar 2007, 12:40 (Ref:1861407)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
For anyone who was planning to compete, marshal, spectate etc - have just heard through my motorclub that this event has unfortunately been cancelled as I was down to marshal
Perhaps if you hadn't told them it wouldn't have been cancelled?
Old 8 Mar 2007, 12:45 (Ref:1861411)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Sam and I both volunteered back in November thanks...
Old 8 Mar 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1861420)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that's it then, you gave them far too much time to think about it.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1861424)   #14
Suze
Veteran

England
My apologies then to the others disappointed with it not running and therefore not competing / marshalling etc
Old 8 Mar 2007, 13:01 (Ref:1861427)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Obviously you missed the syntax of the underlying metaphor, or whatever, but so be it.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 13:15 (Ref:1861440)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Perhaps if you hadn't told them it wouldn't have been cancelled?