Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jun 2007, 06:42 (Ref:1937477)   #1
Paulc
Rookie

Paulc has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who would you replace Kimi with?

I think we can safely say ferrari are going to start thinking of a replaceing Kimi next year if he doesent start getting his act together,He's in one of the four F1 hot seats and he needs to start getting results if he's to stay at ferrari the guys already second choice for schueys advice which cant be good for him not that it proberly bothers him .out of the current F1 crop who would you give Kimi's seat to? I think the first choice may be obvious so choose two.For me Heidfeld and Button.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 06:49 (Ref:1937479)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
For starters, i'm sure Kimi's seat is safe at Ferrari next season, he makes an ideal number 2

But back to your question...

Who would i replace him with? Hiekki

Who is rumoured for a Ferrari drive? Rosberg (from what i've read)

Who would Ferrari ideally like? Lewis (??) (what would Ron say about that)

Who do i see as the obvious replacement? no one
Old 15 Jun 2007, 07:14 (Ref:1937494)   #3
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulc
out of the current F1 crop who would you give Kimi's seat to?
i dont mind who would get it as long as they had more carisma!
Old 15 Jun 2007, 07:31 (Ref:1937508)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I would not replace Kimi even if he had a bad season. Certainly not with Button, in any case, who is demonstrating that he would be a worse choice than Barrichello.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 07:51 (Ref:1937524)   #5
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi's safe IMO, but if he were to be replaced i dont think the team would go for an established F1 driver, and perhaps with a rookie such as Hulkenberg
Old 15 Jun 2007, 08:02 (Ref:1937534)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bit early to write him off after 6 races? He needs to refocus, perhaps take a bit of advice from Michael, and concentrate on his natural talent rather than his social life. Even with worse luck than Massa he is within touch of him, and people seem to have airbrushed Massa's poor Malaysian race out of their minds, even though it probably cost as much as Kimi's Monaco qualifying error.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 08:13 (Ref:1937540)   #7
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No-one. We know Kimi is good enough, and he is only 6 points behind Massa. Too many people are too quick to write off drivers. 7 races ago he was one of the best drivers in the world.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 08:25 (Ref:1937544)   #8
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Michael Schumacher(The Greatest Driver of All Time)to make a surprising comeback from retirement.......
Old 15 Jun 2007, 08:26 (Ref:1937546)   #9
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see Kimi losing his seat but to answer the question hypothetically ...

Maybe... Bruno Senna, Alex Lloyd? (Though I guess Alex will stay in America as he's doing rather well).

I can't see Ferrari thinking outside the box so I doubt it would be a rookie or someone who isn't in F1 already.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 08:42 (Ref:1937553)   #10
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I think talk of replacing Raikonnen is a little previous.

He's had a relatively difficult start to the season, but I still feel that he'll come good in time.

There's no way on earth that Kimi has become a bad driver overnight.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 11:41 (Ref:1937618)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strange to see zero tolerance about drivers too early...
Just six races, he won a race and is 4th in the Drivers Championship and you want to sack him???
Old 15 Jun 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1937619)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola
Strange to see zero tolerance about drivers too early...
It's the way of things, sadly. If Kimi goes out and wins on Sunday, he'll be fastest driver in the world again, and Massa will be 'under pressure'.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1937642)   #13
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Clearly Nick Heidfeld - best of the rest and is as good if not better than Alonso so far this year, just the BMW machinery isn't up to the McLaren standard.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 12:32 (Ref:1937645)   #14
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would definitely keep Kimi, but if I was Mr. Ecclestone I would take advantage of the rumours and make Ferrari and McLaren simply switch driver - Kimi per Alonso. Should be interesting, at least.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1937658)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi is probably safe for next year. He will improve IMO.
If it were upto me though, i'd get Nico Rosberg in the seat. He has come on leaps and bounds this season. Apparently even Ferrari are impressed according to Gerhard. It is only a matter of time before Nico is a serious contender for the better seats on the grid if not already. Trouble is most of the top guns have tied their drivers to long term deals or have their own driver programs (BMW).
Old 15 Jun 2007, 13:10 (Ref:1937666)   #16
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Replacing Kimi at Ferrari? Not a chance. Everyone has their good days and bad days (unfortunately Kimi has had more than his fair share of bad days), and I'm sure it won't be long until we see him back in the winners circle. He's proved he's got the pace to win, now all he needs is for a little luck to come his way.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 15 Jun 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1937679)   #17
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kimi outqualified Massa in Canada fair and square. And I think that's something to happen more often than not during the remaining races.

To answer the question tho, I think the only proper Kimi-replacement-material (apart from the Mclaren duo) is Heidfeld.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 14:11 (Ref:1937701)   #18
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd replace Massa with Capuchin Monkey from Amazon jungle.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 14:15 (Ref:1937703)   #19
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos Verstappen or Alex Yoong should replace Kimi, IMO.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1937710)   #20
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Yea Jos is free I hear
Old 15 Jun 2007, 16:50 (Ref:1937817)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
In the last 12 months the following drivers have shown capability and possibly the aptitude, attitude and hunger that Ferrari like. Even Schumi might approve of them....

Rosberg
Heidfeld
Button
Kubica

Might be a couple of others but if Ferrari were to make a change, then I reckon it would be for one of these if anyone.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 16:52 (Ref:1937820)   #22
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Danica. It wouldn't matter where she finished, she would have a whole new bunch of drivers to whine about. Plus all the BS and 'glamour' she would add to Bernie's circus.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1937825)   #23
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
In the last 12 months the following drivers have shown capability and possibly the aptitude, attitude and hunger that Ferrari like. Even Schumi might approve of them....

Rosberg
Heidfeld
Button
Kubica

Might be a couple of others but if Ferrari were to make a change, then I reckon it would be for one of these if anyone.
Why would they take Kubica if they can have Heidfeld?
Why would they take Button if they dont even need Rubens?
As for Rosberg, he might worth a try-out test but he didnt exactly shine up againts Webber (apart from a few occasions) did he? Something tells me he only looks so good because of Wurz (a mediocre driver who got rusty over long years of testing)
Old 15 Jun 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1937826)   #24
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi out,,, michael schumaker's dog in!
Old 15 Jun 2007, 17:11 (Ref:1937830)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11
As for Rosberg, he might worth a try-out test but he didnt exactly shine up againts Webber (apart from a few occasions) did he?
Webbo there's another one!! I thought he might have got a Ferrari drive for this year until Flav decided to put him in the RBR.

There's no point me or anyone banging on about 'what if's' I know, we're talking about Kimi Raikkonen for god's sake but it's got to be remembered that Ferrari haven't had a star driver underperforming like this for many years and such usually get a good rollocking for it and if that don't work, they then get the old heave-ho!