Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Aug 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1980644)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fujitsu Series 2008

Daniel Richert is apparently trying to put together a deal to run in next years series. Hopefully it will be a goer as i feel Daniel will be a force to be reckoned with, with a decent car.
Jack Elsgood is also understood to be making a concerted effort to be on the grid next year as well.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 23:09 (Ref:1981057)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Mr Richert's father likely to be building/preparing the car?

Mr Elsegood has been telling everyone he will be in the development series for some time, but it seems the deals never come off....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Aug 2007, 10:49 (Ref:1981381)   #3
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Mr Elsegood has been telling everyone he will be in the development series for some time, but it seems the deals never come off....
He only missed this year by the skin of his teeth according to a hugely reliable source. 2008 would seem very likely as the last small hoop can be easily jumped through....and I'm reliably told that it wasn't a funding issue at all
Old 5 Aug 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1981479)   #4
pete55
Veteran

Will Kayne Scott be running in the Fujitsu series next year or does he have another gig. The way i believe it is, is that he will not be in the Fujitsu series.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 21:44 (Ref:1981974)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
He only missed this year by the skin of his teeth according to a hugely reliable source. 2008 would seem very likely as the last small hoop can be easily jumped through....and I'm reliably told that it wasn't a funding issue at all
I count at least 2 separate events, one at season's start, and one an interview in MN...

If it wasnt funding related, do you think he would still be driving utes by choice?
Old 6 Aug 2007, 01:12 (Ref:1982088)   #6
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Mr_Cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't the AU falcons out dated as of the end of this year also?
Old 6 Aug 2007, 01:35 (Ref:1982097)   #7
pete55
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cool
Aren't the AU falcons out dated as of the end of this year also?
I was told they were ok til the end of 2008 but not sure if it is right or not.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 02:54 (Ref:1982116)   #8
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Will Kayne Scott be running in the Fujitsu series next year or does he have another gig. The way i believe it is, is that he will not be in the Fujitsu series.

pete55.........Kayne Scott's and MPM's joint objectives were always to win the Fujitsu Series..........Year one was to learn the circuits.........Year two was to get serious........And year three was to dominate.........Nothing has changed.

Speculation of either Scott and or MPM moving into the main game is just that.......Speculation with out any foundation what so ever.

Old 6 Aug 2007, 04:27 (Ref:1982144)   #9
pete55
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
pete55.........Kayne Scott's and MPM's joint objectives were always to win the Fujitsu Series..........Year one was to learn the circuits.........Year two was to get serious........And year three was to dominate.........Nothing has changed.

Speculation of either Scott and or MPM moving into the main game is just that.......Speculation with out any foundation what so ever.

Next question. I heard that there will be another driver using the current Scott car next year. What car will Kayne be using next year if this is the case.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 04:33 (Ref:1982148)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Next question. I heard that there will be another driver using the current Scott car next year. What car will Kayne be using next year if this is the case.
The powder room in Adelaide has suggested that Mr Verdnik had secured/was in the process of securing the ex-Dynamik chassis run by Mr Scott last season.

The way the story goes, Mr Verdnik is expanding JaySport to 2 cars, the shiny one Mr Scott owns/owned, and building up the VZ chassis (TD004) still in the Dynamik premises, for 2008.

There have been ads in the motorsport press to both sell the current car, and also to secure additional patronage for a Dynamik-run 2 car team.

Presumably this also means Mr Quinn isnt part of the solution....

Assuming any of this actually happened
Old 6 Aug 2007, 05:08 (Ref:1982157)   #11
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You do ask a lot of questions don't you pete55........Fair enough to.......I think the confusion stems from the fact that MPM is talking to several people about running Kayne's previous ex Team Dynamik car TD003 for a second driver next year...........If that car is not sold in the mean time.

There is absolutely no point in Kayne running another chassis, as HRT 054 is about as good as it gets..........With the agreed to upgrades for next year.......Latest WP engine.......New VE front suspension, etc........If you are committed to Holden and MPM is.......It has to be the best car available.

Last edited by V8's rule; 6 Aug 2007 at 05:12.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 12:49 (Ref:1982516)   #12
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernandez? Prodigy again?
Old 6 Aug 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1982589)   #13
pete55
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel
Fernandez? Prodigy again?
Apparently not.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 22:50 (Ref:1982968)   #14
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I count at least 2 separate events, one at season's start, and one an interview in MN...

If it wasnt funding related, do you think he would still be driving utes by choice?
Maybe he wants to win the series before moving into V8's?
I also heard that the last story ran in MSN was taken a little out of context
Old 6 Aug 2007, 23:40 (Ref:1982997)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its hard to take a confirmed drive out of context.... either you are bringing your stackhat and pajamas to a team to drive there or you arent....

Was it perhaps leverage against the team to "encourage" them to allow him to drive?
Old 10 Aug 2007, 02:45 (Ref:1985252)   #16
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apparently not.
ok so where then, Mr Guru?

You seem to know where everyone will be going, care to share?
Old 13 Aug 2007, 03:33 (Ref:1987229)   #17
pete55
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel
ok so where then, Mr Guru?

You seem to know where everyone will be going, care to share?
Firstly, no need to get smart.

Secondly , i have been told by someone who does know that he is not in the list of drivers for next year. Maybe he will get his car (if he owns a car) prepared by Progidy but i know nothing about that.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 04:27 (Ref:1987242)   #18
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with strong rumours of Tony D'Alberto's enduro drive with RNR being a tryout for 08 and Seto hanging around Tony and his team at rounds as a mentor could we see Seto back in the driver's seat at TDR next season in preperation for the enduro's as their is no substitute for track time and then their would be a chance of a Skaife/Seton line-up in 08 , i know it's abit of a strange one but could happen i would like to see it happen. if Tony gets the RNR drive next year what are TDR's plans would it still be a 2 car team or would they downsize to one or none?
Old 13 Aug 2007, 19:08 (Ref:1987787)   #19
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like Tony is in at RNR
Old 11 Sep 2007, 00:54 (Ref:2008972)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to read in eMN today that Mr Spychala has agreed to terms with Mr Dawson, to secure the ex-Tratt ex-Evangelou ex-Deane BA Falcon.

It seems Mr Spychala is going to run this car out of the family Ford dealership, perhaps as early as Phillip Island this year.

Presumably there is enough time/expertise/funding available to complete the birthday the now high-mileage chassis requires...
Old 11 Sep 2007, 01:02 (Ref:2008974)   #21
888_Fan
Racer

888_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like there's a lot of movement lately with teams buying and selling chassis for the rest of '07 and beyond.

Are there any BA's up for sale at the moment?
Old 11 Sep 2007, 01:41 (Ref:2008985)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
FRSR has the ex-LMS "China-grate" chassis for sale

Mr Howard has the ex-888/Briggs chassis for sale

Britek have their 2 current chassis for sale
Old 11 Sep 2007, 07:55 (Ref:2009101)   #23
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will VE's be alowed in 09, if not when?
Old 11 Sep 2007, 08:43 (Ref:2009144)   #24
pete55
Veteran

Quote:
Interesting to read in eMN today that Mr Spychala has agreed to terms with Mr Dawson, to secure the ex-Tratt ex-Evangelou ex-Deane BA Falcon.

It seems Mr Spychala is going to run this car out of the family Ford dealership, perhaps as early as Phillip Island this year.

Presumably there is enough time/expertise/funding available to complete the birthday the now high-mileage chassis requires...

Mr Spychala was interested in being in the field this year but it seems finance was the problem. That said i heard he has been inquiring from the beginning of this year about getting a drive.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 11:25 (Ref:2009239)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Finance will continue to be a problem until the chosen chassis gets its rebirth...