Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 2 Sep 2007, 21:15 (Ref:2002078)   #1
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One year has passed - who misses the ff1600.co.uk service ?

a year has now passed, and I'm curious, who has missed the service (not the actual site) that the ff1600.co.uk site used to provide.

I know I've certainly missed knowing whats going on in all the championship and the little gopssip snippets.
Old 2 Sep 2007, 23:03 (Ref:2002144)   #2
Motorhead
Rookie

Motorhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me
Old 2 Sep 2007, 23:23 (Ref:2002158)   #3
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym
a year has now passed, and I'm curious, who has missed the service (not the actual site) that the ff1600.co.uk site used to provide.

I know I've certainly missed knowing whats going on in all the championship and the little gopssip snippets.
Just about everybody with an interest in FF1600 I would think.
But - and it has been very noticeable - I think the traffic here on tenths has dropped off as a result of there being no reason to log on to T'Internet for the ff1600.co.uk news, so they don't nip over here to talk about it.
Sad, very sad.

Come on Snowman, you should have recharged your batteries by now. Couldn't you just restart it on a smaller - less time consuming - scale. You know you want to.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 08:50 (Ref:2002344)   #4
rookie2006
Rookie

rookie2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too. A terrible loss. It was the best. Ian could you not get it to work if we had to pay £20 per year to get onto it ? I'd be happy to pay that knowing how good it is and that all the info/news is so relevant to what were all interested in.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 08:50 (Ref:2002345)   #5
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I miss it a lot and as Diz writes, where have all the drivers gone on here?

So losing the site not only means less info from there, but hardly any more info here.

Sad, very sad.

Maybe we should all go
Old 3 Sep 2007, 08:58 (Ref:2002354)   #6
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too....wonder if you'd get say 1,000 subscribers paying minimium of £30 with a suggested donation of £50 per year whether it could be done....

Only guessing the numbers might be only 250 users or might be 5,000...just an idea

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 3 Sep 2007, 12:14 (Ref:2002538)   #7
DALY
Racer

DALY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting...

Do people feel that a small fee to keep a web site up to date, have some influence with race content at meetings and try and keep entry costs down is worth investing in?

Peter
Old 3 Sep 2007, 13:33 (Ref:2002602)   #8
A Quartermaine
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ascot, Berkshire
A Quartermaine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALY
Very interesting...

Do people feel that a small fee to keep a web site up to date, have some influence with race content at meetings and try and keep entry costs down is worth investing in?

Peter
Yep, communication is king
Old 3 Sep 2007, 17:22 (Ref:2002831)   #9
Alan Hamilton
Racer

Northern Ireland
Stockbridge, Hampshire
Alan Hamilton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Ian, you and your passion for FF1600 are the reason that FF1600 has had a revival. If you neglect us all of regional information we will again pass into history....

I vote yes..
Old 3 Sep 2007, 17:30 (Ref:2002841)   #10
FranksWilde
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
FranksWilde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've missed it. Not being able to attend races and no website just means that I am totally out of it. It doesn't feel right.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 17:46 (Ref:2002852)   #11
DWA
Racer

England
Enfield
DWA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As someone who was involved with the FF1600 website providing many pictures and who has had many discussions with Ian regarding the website, I do know that he was thinking of reporting on the 3 end of year trophy events ar Castle Combe, Brands Hatch & Silverstone, albeit at maybe a slightly lower level.( eg not all online within minutes of an event ending). If Ian does decide to do this I am not sure about Matt's involvement due to his change in circumstances, but I certainly wish to be involved.
On a personal level after snapping FF1600 cars for around 30 years I certainly miss a central point for news & info.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 20:41 (Ref:2003011)   #12
chris1600
Rookie

England
Gloucestershire
chris1600 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly miss the site. Autosport etc don't provide any kind of coverage save basic results.

It was a great site that , as has been said, allowed the whole of the FF1600 community across the country to interact and know whats going on in other championships. Now we are partly limited to our respective regional groups.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 07:54 (Ref:2003288)   #13
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
I think the traffic here on tenths has dropped off as a result of there being no reason to log on to T'Internet for the ff1600.co.uk news, so they don't nip over here to talk about it.
Our traffic is roughly 20% up on last year despite the fact that we no longer track certain types of traffic that don't correspond directly to page views.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 20:34 (Ref:2003838)   #14
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he means within the formula ford forum, not the whole of the site.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 19:06 (Ref:2004560)   #15
FranksWilde
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
FranksWilde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could Ian not get ford to subsidise him. I think that the site he and Matt put together is better than the one currently running with the national series. Perhaps they could pay him and Matt, instead of some overpriced webmaster, and they could include the club level ff's as well.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 01:28 (Ref:2007225)   #16
quest
Rookie

quest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cry myself to sleep each and every Sunday night from not knowing the weekends FF results.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 08:44 (Ref:2007348)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym
I think he means within the formula ford forum, not the whole of the site.
So perhaps FFord isn't really that interesting?

This site is for motorsport, not just FFord, take a look around, there might be more to read/talk about than you think.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 11:09 (Ref:2007432)   #18
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I recall the reason Ian and Matt decided to stop updating the site was the amount of time it was taking up. I don't believe money came into the equation
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:12 (Ref:2008005)   #19
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
Come on Ian, you and your passion for FF1600 are the reason that FF1600 has had a revival. If you neglect us all of regional information we will again pass into history....

I vote yes..
Have too agree Alan,i said at the time it was a sad loss even though the combe reorts on the website have been good its still not the same.
perhaps we should start a poll 'bring back FFord.co.uk who agree's' i wonder if the vote would be a resounding YES

i think so

It was good to chat to you at the last combe meeting Alan hopefully you'll be at the sharp end again saturday
Old 10 Sep 2007, 13:07 (Ref:2008503)   #20
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I miss it

i still drive around with the web site stickers all over my car
Old 11 Sep 2007, 21:41 (Ref:2009744)   #21
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer
I miss it

i still drive around with the web site stickers all over my car
That's called respect mate

long live Fford i say
Old 11 Sep 2007, 23:16 (Ref:2009817)   #22
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would've loved to have kept it up, which was the original plan at the end of last year/start of this year. Whether it would've been up to the previous standard we'll never know as I got a full time photography job and couldn't commit to it.

That said, the one FF1600 race I've seen this year (Classics at Brands a few weeks ago) was absolutely mega!
Old 12 Sep 2007, 14:24 (Ref:2010196)   #23
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately I don't see that there is any chance that FF1600.co.uk will be revived, even temporarily, by Matt and myself. We both have plenty to keep us occupied.

That said, it is a mark of the success of the site that it is missed.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 08:09 (Ref:2032680)   #24
NeilR
Rookie

NeilR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes I agree, keeping up to date with the "kent" club racing was of much interest, given our very strong kent state series racing here in Australia
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:33 (Ref:2033689)   #25
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing on MST - yet - and no dedicted FF1600 website nowadays, so who did what?
Anybody out there care to share the happenings down at Combe.