Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 30 Jul 2009, 02:03 (Ref:2511352)   #1
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone's redesigned for 2010

Looks like F1 goes to Donington and MotoGP to Silverstone.

Wazzup everybody!!
Old 30 Jul 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2511445)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luiggi,
is that some sort of official redesign plan, or an edit from you?

(Based on the graphics style i guess it's the first one, but let's be sure )

bio
Old 30 Jul 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2511500)   #3
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, Silverstone is not a shott track as it is, and this way it will be even longer. A shame though to lose the bridge-priory-section. I wonder if the section will stay intact. Otherwise the current international version of Silverstone cannot be used anymore.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2511529)   #4
Helicon_One
Rookie

Helicon_One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, those are the actual modifications going in for the Moto GP race next year. See http://www.silverstone.co.uk/php/ne_overview_2772.html

Its also not a million miles away from the layout I and a few others suggested here a couple of years back (http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82071)
Old 30 Jul 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2511657)   #5
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Or:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94725

bio
Old 30 Jul 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2511666)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Apart from reversing part of it from Abbey and a slight change to Ireland, what's different?
Old 30 Jul 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2511667)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's actually quite a clever 're-design' of Silvertsone for the Moto GP.

The 'new' part actually uses the International layout, just going the wrong way down it. Probably only need 300m worth of new track to make that work!

Edit - just posted at same time as falcemob I see!
Old 30 Jul 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2511673)   #8
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
It's actually quite a clever 're-design' of Silvertsone for the Moto GP.

The 'new' part actually uses the International layout, just going the wrong way down it. Probably only need 300m worth of new track to make that work!

Edit - just posted at same time as falcemob I see!
It's actualy not the international circuit but the south circuit which goes the way the new track wil go. The only parts they have to add are a new Abey, an Ireland hairpin and extra run off a Woodcote.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2511710)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whats the International circuit then? I always thought that straight is part of the International circuit, that went down to the hairpin at Abbey.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2511711)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Whats the International circuit then? I always thought that straight is part of the International circuit, that went down to the hairpin at Abbey.
Correct
Old 30 Jul 2009, 16:17 (Ref:2511762)   #11
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The National Straight (between the new "arrowhead" and Brooklands) will need to be completely resurfaced as it is nowhere near good enough for fast bikes; it is hardly good enough for slow club racing.

Gerry
Old 30 Jul 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2511780)   #12
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The International and South Circuits use the same road (orshortcut, for argument's sake) - the former uses the northern half of the track (pits complex etc) and the latter uses the southern half (Stowe, Club etc)

This layout, as well as using the 2 shortcuts, also has a tighter Church and a tighter exit to Club. The original layout will remain as well, presumably including the original lines to both corners

This is actually pretty old news, but the latest map I've seen suggests a slight alteration to the plan, with the Arrowhead replaced by an arena complex
Old 31 Jul 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2512239)   #13
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Jab,

dunno if you can still remember, but the Silverstone redesign plan you submitted in one of the linked threads looks frighteningly similar to the actual official design:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....94&postcount=7

Psychic?

bio
Old 2 Aug 2009, 06:38 (Ref:2513696)   #14
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This really adds to the circuit. A good edit.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2631753)   #15
Helicon_One
Rookie

Helicon_One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bumping this thread for the finalised version of the infield section which, as can be seen from the images, is currently under construction

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...es_gal_id=1085

The 'arrowhead' seems to have mutated into an entire complex, and the new Abbey is going to be fast.

Last edited by Helicon_One; 11 Feb 2010 at 22:24.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2631764)   #16
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks like they have now got plans to do something with the old Superspecial. Perhaps they could design a longer course for the endurance race that weaves the Stowe Circuit in to the new Arena version.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2632043)   #17
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the superspecial has been gone for sometime AFAIK in came the Porsche Driving Experience centre or something ......
Old 12 Feb 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2632085)   #18
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember when it was planned, by (10 Tenths member) Harry Stiller and Bernie I believe, to build a half-mile oval there

I've still got the first superspecial stage in the RAC being held there on tape from 1997. Quite an interesting little course
Old 12 Feb 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2632187)   #19
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Perhaps they could design a longer course for the endurance race that weaves the Stowe Circuit in to the new Arena version.
Could be a good idea for a challenge.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2632201)   #20
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin03 View Post
Could be a good idea for a challenge.
We did something like that ages ago back when the idea of new pits were originally being banded about
below is dated on my PC as january 2008

This one took it one step further moving the pitlane to the club straight and changing the priory, brooklands and luffields section completely as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Silverstone mod.jpg