Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Dec 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1489759)   #226
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think if you look at Montoya's second half of season he was as formidable as anyone. His start was slow through his own fault with injury and suchlike and also with the car setup.

Once he got the bits on the car he needed and was fully recovered he looked pretty good to me.....should be one to look out for next season!
Old 24 Dec 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1489788)   #227
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andrew, at least get your facts right. In 1999 DC was 4th in the championship and Michael 5th. I can't belive anyone would want Wurz in the car ahead of JPM - from Silverstone onwards he was very close to Kimi's results despite still not beign 100% (thorugh his own fault, admittedly) and having more misfortune. On paper I'd say Kimi is aout 75% likely to beat JPM next season, but I think they will be close.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1490007)   #228
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My apologies, DC did beat MS, but by a mere 4 points. It was still DC's worst season ever in my view.
Look at the facts yourself, and the result was Kimi comprehensively out-drove Montoya in 2005.
Your right however, in saying Montoya was formidable, and those wins he took were superb. I have supported Montoya through his worst times last year, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but the fact is Kimi beat him by a huge margin. I hope He can tidy up over teh off season and come back next year like we all know he can.
Alonso/Montoya at McLaren in '07 would be good, but only if Montoya has found some consistancy in his driving, I love the guy's personality and how he talks to teh media, really entertaining.
Anyway, Happy New Year all.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 14:42 (Ref:1490561)   #229
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any comment from Montoya about the Alonsogate?
Old 28 Dec 2005, 03:15 (Ref:1490827)   #230
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None as far as I can see, and quite frankly, Monty will need to let his driving do the talking for him next season.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 04:17 (Ref:1490831)   #231
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2001
... but the fact is Kimi beat him by a huge margin.
But are statements like that ever entirely fair? You could say Trulli comprehensively beat Alonso at Renault in 2004 based on race wins etc.

At seasons end i think there was plenty to reflect on, and suggests that Kimi vs Montoya will be an interesting battle. Kimi is a great steerer, no doubt. But i suspect JPM will surprise a few people next season. What will be really interesting is if the forthunes are reversed at McLaren next year with Kimi having a few DNFs ion the first few rounds whilst JPM gets race wins/podiums.

I have always been a bit one eyed about McLaren and their tendency to have a talented team mate struggle to consistantly match the pace of the other