Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Sep 2007, 07:29 (Ref:2019499)   #26
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I assume both cars (LMP1 and LMP2 Zytek) will be run by Arena.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 07:31 (Ref:2019501)   #27
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
I wonder in any of LNT's personnel will help run the team?
I wouldnt expect them to, seems like the car is available to hire for which ever team wants it! Supply their own mechanics and possibly get some support from Zytec, As I stated in another thread on 10ths the LNT team boss Lawrence Tomlinson only leased the Zytec to showcase the driving talents of Tom Kimber-Smith and Danny Watts as a part of LNT's driver program.

Didnt they do well?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 Sep 2007, 12:56 (Ref:2019683)   #28
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but you have to wonder if LNT are looking at it slightly differently now based on the result....they have to give value to their sponsors. Unless the Panoz improves BIG TIME (or they get promises of a new car for the 09 regs)over the winter then they will be fighting at the back of the GT2 grid with the poorly funded Porsche teams.

I suspect a single Panoz in GT2 next year with LT and RD as drivers with the pro drivers in something a little different!!!
Old 21 Sep 2007, 14:31 (Ref:2019730)   #29
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Yes but you have to wonder if LNT are looking at it slightly differently now based on the result....they have to give value to their sponsors. Unless the Panoz improves BIG TIME (or they get promises of a new car for the 09 regs)over the winter then they will be fighting at the back of the GT2 grid with the poorly funded Porsche teams.

I suspect a single Panoz in GT2 next year with LT and RD as drivers with the pro drivers in something a little different!!!
You could be right but I'm only saying what the team told me at Silverstone so I dont pretend to know the future of LNT's interest in the LMP2 title.

And why only a single Panoz? May be for LNT if they decide to go down the LMP2 route, but what about the Chad Penninsular team? Panoz had pledged support to LNT because they promote the Esperante in Europe, so I'm not sure to what extent Chad get support (or not) But I would be suprised if they didnt show in GT 2 next year.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 22:38 (Ref:2020141)   #30
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
I wonder in any of LNT's personnel will help run the team?
Why would they? It's going to be a works Zytek car.

If I understand correctly I think the factory will be running both of the cars but the P2 won't be running under the Arena banner.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 05:01 (Ref:2020240)   #31
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
I wouldnt expect them to, seems like the car is available to hire for which ever team wants it! Supply their own mechanics and possibly get some support from Zytec, As I stated in another thread on 10ths the LNT team boss Lawrence Tomlinson only leased the Zytec to showcase the driving talents of Tom Kimber-Smith and Danny Watts as a part of LNT's driver program.

Didnt they do well?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And how. For readers of DSC and those who follow British motorsport in general, there was a sense that they thought, from the moment they appeared on the sportscar map, that TK-S and Danny Watts (and of course Allan Simonsen) were something special. I think Lawrence Tomlinson and the crew at LNT demonstrated that they were right, comprehensively, at Silverstone. If an LNT Zytek had run the season with those gentlemen, I would be shocked if they did not end it as champions. The overall pace of the car and the chase from disaster to 2nd showcased the logic behind that reasoning.

With reference to LNT's driver program, it is a driver of 'theirs', Rob Bell, who is now LMS GT2 champion. I would be surprised if Lawrence wasn't proud of that. Bell debuted in sportscars for Cirtek, but LNT was the first to give him a steady job.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 11:22 (Ref:2020372)   #32
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fully support your comments cmk. I think LNT deserve enormous applause for giving Tom Kimber-Smith and Danny Watts the opportunity to show what they're capable of. Lawrence Tomlinson and Richard Dean could easily have taken the Zytec drive for themselves, but to their credit, they've shown great commitment to their driver programme.

Sadly, the Panoz has proved to be woefully uncompetitive this year, so I think LNT gave TKS and Watts a competitive drive to keep both driver and team spirits up.

If Panoz don't come up with huge improvements for next year then hopefully LNT will commit to the LMP route for 2008.