Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 9 Oct 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2968168)   #51
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I think we are heading towards Edwards and Watson reforming their partnership at Sky while Brundle uses the opportunity of his reduced BBC schedule to compete in some sportscar majors with his son. I've heard Brundle talk in this direction i.e more drives with his son. I don't expect Brundle to join Sky and it doesn't take two commentators to do the BBC highlights package. That would be my guess at least.
There won't be any "reduced BBC schedule" - they still have to have commentators at every race. And with the highlights running at 75 minutes, that's far too much for one person.

Quote:
I don't see any other obvious candidate for the Sky positions unless they want to poach Croft.
And apparently they do.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2968277)   #52
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
There won't be any "reduced BBC schedule" - they still have to have commentators at every race. And with the highlights running at 75 minutes, that's far too much for one person.
No. You don't need two commentators for highlights. A member of the production team need only give a summary of the salient points of the race to guide the commentator through the highlights. Compared to all the surprises that arise during the course of a live race, highlights are a peace of cake to do a voice-over for.

Another option is simply to use the radio broadcasters.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 06:46 (Ref:2969065)   #53
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No. You don't need two commentators for highlights. A member of the production team need only give a summary of the salient points of the race to guide the commentator through the highlights. Compared to all the surprises that arise during the course of a live race, highlights are a peace of cake to do a voice-over for.

Another option is simply to use the radio broadcasters.
Surely the BBC commentators would commentate the race live, and then the whole thing would be edited down for the BBC highlights (as opposed to cutting the race into a highlights package, and then voicing it over)
Old 11 Oct 2011, 10:20 (Ref:2969180)   #54
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Surely the BBC commentators would commentate the race live, and then the whole thing would be edited down for the BBC highlights (as opposed to cutting the race into a highlights package, and then voicing it over)
I'd be surprised if the British contingent had three sets of commentators on scene for the races the BBC have for highlights. I'd be surprised if Brundle will be inspired by broadcasting highlights or even going to Sky.

Maybe I'll go on to be surprised of course.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2972893)   #55
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Is the correct answer.
The BBC are showing their highlights four hours after the start of the race - it will be tight enough editing the highlights in that time, they certainly won't have time to post-produce a voiceover! It will be commentated live.

...and of course, the whole race will be shown on the red button.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2973009)   #56
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Is the correct answer.
The BBC are showing their highlights four hours after the start of the race - it will be tight enough editing the highlights in that time, they certainly won't have time to post-produce a voiceover! It will be commentated live.

...and of course, the whole race will be shown on the red button.
It shouldn't be a problem for a top editor. They work magic in the space of hours.

What I didn't think of is the Australian audience. Presumably they'll see all the races live and a Brundle lead BBC commentary team will presumably deliver it?

Last edited by Paradise City; 17 Oct 2011 at 23:29.