Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jan 2010, 00:42 (Ref:2608674)   #26
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV advertising during V8 telecasts

I'm always interested to look at who advertises during telecasts. Example is Bunnings who must tire of receiving team sponsorship proposals.

Mitre 10 supported Larko for a long time & have restructured recently with Metcash.

The Woollies venture into hardware includes Lowes, a long time Nascar sponsor http://www.lowesracing.com/
with support from a tool company https://www.kobalttools.com/

The fast food companies seem to view team sponsorship in the same way, but happy to advertise during telecasts.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 01:08 (Ref:2608676)   #27
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
I'm always interested to look at who advertises during telecasts. Example is Bunnings who must tire of receiving team sponsorship proposals.

Mitre 10 supported Larko for a long time & have restructured recently with Metcash.

The Woollies venture into hardware includes Lowes, a long time Nascar sponsor http://www.lowesracing.com/
with support from a tool company https://www.kobalttools.com/

The fast food companies seem to view team sponsorship in the same way, but happy to advertise during telecasts.

I see a lot of Mr Stokes companies advertising during the ad breaks of a v8 telecast
Old 6 Jan 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2608677)   #28
cavvy
Veteran

Stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
I see a lot of Mr Stokes companies advertising during the ad breaks of a v8 telecast
Yes.
Would be interesting to know the ins & outs of the V8 Supercar / #7 contract.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 02:47 (Ref:2608700)   #29
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Bunnings are a good example of a company with a strict policy of not sponsoring "extreme" or similar sports - this includes any form of motorsport. Any team sending them a prop has not researched them properly nor spoken to them - they are quite firm on the policy.

They are however quite happy to advertise through the telecasts to the demographic without supporting the product shown on the telecasts in any way.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 03:46 (Ref:2608706)   #30
aussiemuscle308
Rookie

aussiemuscle308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
KFC has been sponsoring the series for some time.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 04:02 (Ref:2608709)   #31
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been constantly surprised by Honda and Toyota ads during telecasts.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2608771)   #32
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
Retailers - Chandlers on the Paul Weel Commodores, which translated to Betta Electrical as Team Brock. Then Betta on the Triple 8 Fords.

Paul Morris had some movie sponsorship at one point - indirectly through BMW's involvement with the James Bond franchise at the time.

Tony Quinn infamously pulled VIP Pet Foods from V8 Supercar because he felt the telecasts werent supporting the Paragon Motorsport Ford even when running in the top ten.
Betta Electrical was a last minute deal after the Shell dollars fell over for memory?

The Morris BMW was part of an Asia Pacific, or possibly even a global, deal as it ran in NZ as well as part of the International Motorsport BMWs too. Similar to BP/Castrol on FPR.

There could be more to the Quinn story than meets the eye. Pulling a Naming Rights Sponsorship at that time at Bathurst didn't leave Paragon much time. Quinn had other things he wanted to do/fund and there could have been another issue swimming around in the background too
Old 6 Jan 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2608780)   #33
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog View Post
I have been constantly surprised by Honda and Toyota ads during telecasts.
And the lack of Nissan ads when Nissan are almost certain to beat both Honda and Toyota to join the V8 Supercar Series
Old 6 Jan 2010, 09:15 (Ref:2608782)   #34
cavvy
Veteran

Betta Electrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Betta Electrical was a last minute deal after the Shell dollars fell over for memory?

The Morris BMW was part of an Asia Pacific, or possibly even a global, deal as it ran in NZ as well as part of the International Motorsport BMWs too. Similar to BP/Castrol on FPR.

There could be more to the Quinn story than meets the eye. Pulling a Naming Rights Sponsorship at that time at Bathurst didn't leave Paragon much time. Quinn had other things he wanted to do/fund and there could have been another issue swimming around in the background too
I first noticed Betta Electrical sponsorship on a John Faulkner Auscar at the ThunderDome about the same time Graeme Bowkett was punting a Les Small fettled AusCar. I thought it was those Kiwis at it again, was Fisher & Paykel on the JFR car?
Old 6 Jan 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2608810)   #35
Just Do It!
Veteran

I think it was in some capacity, cavvy.

The boss at Betta Electrical...the mad motorsport nut.....what's he doing post-Betta?
Old 6 Jan 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2608846)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
I think it was in some capacity, cavvy.

The boss at Betta Electrical...the mad motorsport nut.....what's he doing post-Betta?
Mr Houghton hasnt been seen since has he? A google search isnt your immediate friend either
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Jan 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2610420)   #37
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has been a long Christmas and my mind is less than flash.
Please excuse but, what are FMCGs?
Old 9 Jan 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2610437)   #38
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
It has been a long Christmas and my mind is less than flash.
Please excuse but, what are FMCGs?
Fast Moving Consumer Goods are every day items...not washing machines etc...I think the key with FMCG's is who makes the purchase decision...it is usually female.
Therefore the marketing of V8 Supercars needs to be repositioned to take advantage of this huge opportunity...and that will be a mega challenge given the current male dominanted image the sport has.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2610471)   #39
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymacca View Post
...and that will be a mega challenge given the current male dominanted image the sport has.

Interesting given the potential of one of the series' current Championship Series Sponsors and official car care product connections

http://www.thecloroxcompany.com/products/index.html.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 04:46 (Ref:2610826)   #40
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Let's not forget Big Kevs cleaning products.
Always thought Just Jeans would jump in, right demographic etc.
Maybe Murph could bring Laxettes on board, he already gives everyone the ****s.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 04:49 (Ref:2610828)   #41
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime View Post
Let's not forget Big Kevs cleaning products.
Always thought Just Jeans would jump in, right demographic etc.

I think Just Jeans were sponsoring a Formula Holden for a while, cam't remember who's.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 05:33 (Ref:2610840)   #42
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And interesting that Clorox have chucked fairly big dollars at sponsoring the 12hr for showroom level racing.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 05:36 (Ref:2610842)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog View Post
I think Just Jeans were sponsoring a Formula Holden for a while, cam't remember who's.
Steve Cramp's

Years of FH running to make this highlights tape
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Jan 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2610977)   #44
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
how about a Nurofen Zavance car? with remotely contolled go fast bits
It'll make heads roll for sure...
Old 11 Jan 2010, 05:14 (Ref:2611412)   #45
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i'd like a Double-Coated Choccy Tim Tam sponsored car, but then i would buy some supporters gear, which would just make me hunger for them, and then make me fat(ter)
Does former Tim Tam girl Kate Blanchett come with it?

Dunno about Just Jeans, but M 1-Eleven did. Just Cars sponsor F4000V6 in its dying days.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2611544)   #46
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:

Dunno about Just Jeans, but M 1-Eleven did. Just Cars sponsor F4000V6 in its dying days.
Owner driver in the F4000/Peter Hill, M 1-eleven a brand of Globe.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2611943)   #47
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i doubt Kate or Cate will come with it , in any case i would be reminded of the role in Elizabeth and be repulsed anyway haha
Old 12 Jan 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2612393)   #48
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
how about a Nurofen Zavance car? with remotely contolled go fast bits
Hahaha. I hate that ad so much. On top of the fact that none of it makes motorsport sense - what are the race team doing with a woman who can't press a button because she has a headache?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2612442)   #49
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I often look at the packaging of products and imagine what that would be like as the theme for a race car. i actually used to look at the nurofen box and wonder...

i reckon a car in the new Diet Coke livery would look good, silver/chrome with red writing, better than the old white base.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 00:38 (Ref:2612498)   #50
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been trying so many different companies for sponsorship for different categories, V8Utes and Fujitsu mainly, with no luck. Cadbury/Schwepps, various other drink and food companies, the issue here surrounds the Pourage rights at events and that teams aren't allowed/supposed to give out competiters products at the event. I have also tried various chain stores, IGA, Eagle Boys and Pizza Hut to name a few, all with no success. It's well and good to say that FMCG is the way to go but if they aren't interested what is one to do!