Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2004, 07:03 (Ref:1060704)   #51
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i kind of agree....abit like Mansell done when he looked at returning with Jordan in 1996
Old 9 Aug 2004, 09:57 (Ref:1060831)   #52
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rightly observant Sato, as usual
Old 9 Aug 2004, 10:00 (Ref:1060834)   #53
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mika is a great driver, a great champion and I always supported him.

But he's not the future - Davidson is.
Old 9 Aug 2004, 13:27 (Ref:1061020)   #54
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't see Mika coming back myself, the reasons he gave for retirement are still as valid now as they were then, surely Ralf's accident is a very recent example of what can happen.

He may be 'bored' with life outside F1, but that's not a good enough reason to come back IMO, and despite his illustrious career, that is in the past.

In his final season when he had the big off at Australia when the suspension broke, it was alleged that it really shook Mika and he 'spooked' himself into believing he felt something wrong with the car at other races.

It's a risk for him to come back, and it's equally risky for a team to run a driver who's heart isn't really in it, which I suspect Mika's may not be when push comes to shove.
Old 9 Aug 2004, 13:50 (Ref:1061045)   #55
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely right, ST.

It's those very reasons that make me pretty certain Mika is having a laugh and has no intention of coming back.
Old 9 Aug 2004, 13:52 (Ref:1061048)   #56
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I seriously doubt his return as well. But I've seen some interesting comments from the former champ. Such as:

"There is no smoke without fire," Hakkinen told Finnish Television. "I don't want to say more at the moment. Suffice to say the discussions with BAR are particularly interesting."

Article cited:

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.h...06200258.shtml

I'm not so sure about the source, but it's an interesting quote. Maybe it is all just a joke, or maybe not.
Old 9 Aug 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1061108)   #57
Kicking-back
Veteran

That quote from Mika isn't accurate.

He actually said "particularly as the situation around BAR is so hot"

He did not say he'd had discussions.
Old 9 Aug 2004, 15:18 (Ref:1061126)   #58
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like I said, wasn't sure about the source. Typical hack F1 journalism then.

Last edited by jhansen; 9 Aug 2004 at 15:18.
Old 9 Aug 2004, 17:16 (Ref:1061236)   #59
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still cant see Mika back in f1...first it was JV and now that he is not getting a top drive next year the media say it is Hak whos coming back!
Old 9 Aug 2004, 19:49 (Ref:1061405)   #60
SKT
Rookie

SKT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Ralf Fan, I can't see Mika coming back, and if he did I think it wouldn't be a wise choice for bith BAR and himself.

Mika should just enjoy his life - spend his money, hang out with his lovely wife and family and just learn to enjoy.

I don't believe he's even mentally and physically ready to drive an F1 car anymore - I'd be hard press to believe that he could turn around in such a short period of time - but who knows...?

This is the silly season after all, and it wouldn't surprise me if it got even sillier...
Old 10 Aug 2004, 05:11 (Ref:1061725)   #61
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
I seriously doubt his return as well. But I've seen some interesting comments from the former champ. Such as:

"There is no smoke without fire," Hakkinen told Finnish Television. "I don't want to say more at the moment. Suffice to say the discussions with BAR are particularly interesting."

Article cited:

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.h...06200258.shtml

I'm not so sure about the source, but it's an interesting quote. Maybe it is all just a joke, or maybe not.
in addition to these, i have heard from an italian media that Hack is due to test a BAR in October...
Old 12 Aug 2004, 16:04 (Ref:1064034)   #62
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
I can't see Mika coming back myself, the reasons he gave for retirement are still as valid now as they were then, surely Ralf's accident is a very recent example of what can happen.

He may be 'bored' with life outside F1, but that's not a good enough reason to come back IMO, and despite his illustrious career, that is in the past.

In his final season when he had the big off at Australia when the suspension broke, it was alleged that it really shook Mika and he 'spooked' himself into believing he felt something wrong with the car at other races.

It's a risk for him to come back, and it's equally risky for a team to run a driver who's heart isn't really in it, which I suspect Mika's may not be when push comes to shove.
Well put ST and I totally agree. Mika clearly lost his nerve then and it is unlikely that it will return now, especially after after such a lay off; although he may have fleeting thoughts of returning it's pure fantasy imo.