Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2001, 10:38 (Ref:112027)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GOD lives...

Once upon the time, in a little corner of Woking, lies a small little factory with a silver chimney. In it sits a little man with a menacing grin, with the name of Rod Mennis. He is sore and sour and few liked him.

At the same time, in a faraway corner in Maranello, lies a sweet warm factory with a red chimney. In it sits a little man with a cute little grin, with the name of Jean TOdt. He is friendly and cheerful, but serious and smart, well liked by many and respected by most.

But God is fair (and an F1 fan)...he knows that be it a menace or a friendly, they are both his child. And he decided to do something for both of them, who despite their varying characteristics, are successful F1 bosses. He wants to reward the 2 who topped F1 for the past 3 seasons. So secretly, he hid behind the stacks of tires and listened to them speak. He wants to know their sincere wishes and fulfil them.

The nice little man from Maranello "We will keep our feets to the ground, and hope to work hard to secure the WDC and WCC for 2001."

God nods his head.

The not so nice man from Woking "If we have to be beaten by anybody, i would wish it to be Frank's team."

God nods his head again.

So come 2001, he decides to fulfil both parties...Ron gets beaten by Frank's team, while Ferrari goes on to lead the championship.

Now...i hope this story will encourage you into putting your faith in God. Afterall, the moral of the story is that no matter who you are, as long as you believe, God would answer your prayers and fulfil your wish!

Old 2 Jul 2001, 20:35 (Ref:112232)   #2
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the morale being: "Be careful of what you wish for, it just might come true!"
Old 2 Jul 2001, 21:07 (Ref:112251)   #3
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Gt_R, can you tell us... what did Frank ask ?
Old 2 Jul 2001, 21:59 (Ref:112280)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oooops...

I entered in the wrong church.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 22:33 (Ref:112294)   #5
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

How was St. Michael of Maranello anointed?...I wanna know.

And what about Giovanni il Todt.... he's no second rate Saint here....we'd like to know more about his role in all this.

Will there be ten victories?......the plot might get thicker yet.

Old 3 Jul 2001, 00:42 (Ref:112338)   #6
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every now and then I think God shows his hand when he brings a bit of rain to the circuit. He knows the hundreds of thousands of fans there might get cold and wet but even He likes to see a particular driver demonstrate his skills to full effect.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 00:46 (Ref:112342)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What if you're an Aetheist?
Old 3 Jul 2001, 01:40 (Ref:112353)   #8
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
What if you're an Aetheist?
I don't need to believe in God to know that nasty little pricks get their comeuppance eventually.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 01:41 (Ref:112355)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
EERO, you can be Aetheist about traditional religions, but your never be TOTALLY aethean. If you don't have a religion, then you centre your faith to other areas, like science, ideologies, music, political parties and also soccer teams (like some hooligans). But you neve can be totally aethean. If you be totally aethean, then you are a baby, or your are mad, or you are dead. Without any "centre" the life hasn't any mean.

One time I draw a delirant drawing called "Can be the F1 a Religion?". I hope it can't. For all our spiritual and mental health.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 10:19 (Ref:112437)   #10
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by drexel
Every now and then I think God shows his hand when he brings a bit of rain to the circuit. He knows the hundreds of thousands of fans there might get cold and wet but even He likes to see a particular driver demonstrate his skills to full effect.
good one!
Old 3 Jul 2001, 13:40 (Ref:112495)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Mekola
One time I draw a delirant drawing called "Can be the F1 a Religion?". I hope it can't. For all our spiritual and mental health.
Little by little the truth unfolds... if it is not religion then we are all safe in heaven, and this forum can be closed down.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 17:25 (Ref:112580)   #12
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by drexel
Spining like a rookie in Brazil? Yeah, that was fun to watch.

Hope you are still belivers once the bad times rain over Manarello. Even the friendly little man will pay for his sin. Barrichello will get on his knes and thank God for his prayers being heard.