Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Apr 2003, 21:56 (Ref:577313)   #1
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART AT Brands

OK, it's nearly here........
and we're all looking forward to it.........but.....

who's going............and

does anyone have any advice for a first time camper at Brands????? ie, nearest store/off license etc? showers?

any info is good info plus............

rumour had it that a ten-tenths "get-together" was possibly being planned. Harry would love to be part of it along with his minders. (Mr and Mrs Crazystu)

if we're going to do it, then let's make it big !!!!!

Old 22 Apr 2003, 22:08 (Ref:577353)   #2
Brushpusher
Racer

Brushpusher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: CART AT Brands

Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
does anyone have any advice for a first time camper at Brands????? ie, nearest store/off license etc? showers?
My best advice, bring EVERYTHING you need for the weekend with you. By the time you follow >90,000 people off the circuit the local shops will not only be closed but probably have decayed away.

Kent Plod are directing traffic out of the circuit so it may take a while. Wet wipes and beer will be better than the Q for the showers, by the time you get there it will be time to sign on again.

Still you should enjoy it, but I'm off to Snetterton with BEMSEE, proper racing!!!

Last edited by Brushpusher; 22 Apr 2003 at 22:10.
Old 22 Apr 2003, 22:26 (Ref:577412)   #3
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the fence starts creaking... Run like hell!
Old 22 Apr 2003, 23:43 (Ref:577537)   #4
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not marshalling, but will be there, luckily for me its close enough to go home everynight!

Would be good for all of us that are gonna be ther go get together...put faces to names and all that!

Hope to see u there!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 07:12 (Ref:577678)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there all three days. If you are camping bring the lot, wet weather gear, plenty of warm clothes and the sun cream. At the moment the forecast is for good weather but the next week looks full of rain so the campsite could be a little boggy. I think Sunday night has been mentioned as a good one for a get together for we Ten-Tenthers. Let me know where and when ok?
Old 23 Apr 2003, 08:08 (Ref:577723)   #6
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
And Jackie and I will be there for the three days too, but not camping (wheelchairs and long grass/mud don't go well together).

Hope the 10/tenths get-together comes off, be good to put faces to names/monikers.

Steve
Old 23 Apr 2003, 08:16 (Ref:577733)   #7
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't there a thread about having a meet-up. What happened to it? BTW, does anyone know when tickets, instructions etc are going out?
Old 23 Apr 2003, 08:45 (Ref:577753)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I would imagine we will receive them later this week. It's normally around a week beforehand.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:39 (Ref:577956)   #9
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I too have decided against marshalling this event!
Must tell BARC!
I'm off to Combe instead - always a great day!!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:58 (Ref:578003)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well the Irish contingent are coming over to play
Old 23 Apr 2003, 13:02 (Ref:578010)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Oh lord...Get me the Kentagon manager...order more Guinness I hear her shout
Old 23 Apr 2003, 13:17 (Ref:578021)   #12
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
You mean there is some left to export after the events of last weekend? A certain race director didn't make it back to his office for the following day because of it, I've been reliably informed ................... and he wasn't on his own!!!!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 13:58 (Ref:578049)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Stephen you insult me - like I'd drink English Guinness - foul stuff! I'm bringing some with me though
Old 23 Apr 2003, 14:53 (Ref:578115)   #14
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You drink Guiness? I thought you had to chew it!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 16:14 (Ref:578186)   #15
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Stephen you insult me - like I'd drink English Guinness - foul stuff! I'm bringing some with me though
Don't worry, they don't sell Guinness in the Kentagon - the closest you'll get is Beamish!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 20:21 (Ref:578549)   #16
DarrellB
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
DarrellB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand
Don't worry, they don't sell Guinness in the Kentagon - the closest you'll get is Beamish!
Thats not even close!!

I will be there all three days but will be enjoying the luxuries of a travelodge
Old 23 Apr 2003, 20:58 (Ref:578596)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All three days for me, too. Arriving Friday with caravan, leaving Tuesday. Saturday night seems good bet for get-together of some kind. I'm trying to arrange a suitable 10-10ths poster for the caravan window, and there may be a skull and crossbones flying from the awning. If you see it, stop by and say "Aah, Jim Lad" and bring a beer!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 21:49 (Ref:578676)   #18
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
If you see it, stop by and say "Aah, Jim Lad" and bring a beer!
That sounds like the sort of quote you'd get from Midland Rescue !!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 21:58 (Ref:578688)   #19
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
New Rules at Brands

New rules in force at Brands

could be interesting !!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 22:03 (Ref:578698)   #20
Gonfra
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

United Nations
International Man of Mystery
Gonfra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Well the Irish contingent are coming over to play
Eeeek! lock up the van and hide the Donuts!!!!!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 22:59 (Ref:578759)   #21
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Gonfra
Eeeek! lock up the van and hide the Donuts!!!!!
Especially if there is a Rescue unit anywhere near!!!!!!!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 23:11 (Ref:578771)   #22
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
That sounds like the sort of quote you'd get from Midland Rescue !!
A foul slur Crazystu but one that is unfortunately true. What is the story that there will be Beamish available?...much as I like the odd drop of Liffey water there is always the attraction to a drop of the stuff produced by Beamish & Crawford of Cork City...If you can steal any I will pay many euro`s for the privelege...but then if you can get any Guinness nicked from the Hi B in Oliver Plunkett street then I will take that just as quick...sod it now i`m salivating....have a good time you swines!!
Old 23 Apr 2003, 23:15 (Ref:578774)   #23
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
A foul slur Crazystu but one that is unfortunately true. What is the story that there will be Beamish available?...much as I like the odd drop of Liffey water there is always the attraction to a drop of the stuff produced by Beamish & Crawford of Cork City...If you can steal any I will pay many euro`s for the privelege...but then if you can get any Guinness nicked from the Hi B in Oliver Plunkett street then I will take that just as quick...sod it now i`m salivating....have a good time you swines!!

As if there will be any left for you??? don't forget, our party is not intending to leave until the Tuesday so we've got plenty of drinking time!! HaHa !!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 07:56 (Ref:579115)   #24
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Sorry, I'm not allowed to talk to strange rescue crews or give them beer...........
Old 24 Apr 2003, 10:26 (Ref:579228)   #25
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awwwwwwwww, pleeeeeeeease?