Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Jul 2003, 10:47 (Ref:670962)   #1
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshalls Raffles

Hi,

The Classic Touring Car Racing Club have historically donated two bottles of wine for the marshalls raffle at every one of our meetings. Recent discussion at committee suggested we'd like to do more, but are running short of ideas..

If any of you guys and gals have any suggestions (other than more than two bottles!), please pass them on. In these days of dwindling marshal numbers, any advice is welcome!

As a personal aside, pending disasters my RX7 will have a passenger seat installed for the club track day at Mallory in October - if any of you guys want a ride, just warn me and turn up. Least I can do, although I can't guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Cheers

Stacy

Last edited by Stacy; 25 Jul 2003 at 10:48.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 11:22 (Ref:671002)   #2
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What date is this track day, I'm certainly interested. I believe that most of us would very appreciative of passenger rides as aren't we mostly frustrated racing drivers at heart who can't afford, or are too old!!, to start.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 12:16 (Ref:671047)   #3
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chigley
What date is this track day, I'm certainly interested. I believe that most of us would very appreciative of passenger rides as aren't we mostly frustrated racing drivers at heart who can't afford, or are too old!!, to start.
Hey, don't attach that stuff to me or the club!

Anyway, it's the 14th of October, Mallory Park.

All you've got to do is bring yourself, and perhaps a helmet if you don't want to use a club one!

So long as the cars not bent at the last meeting, it's good to make sure it's properly worn out before it's rebuild.. ;-)

Stacy

p.s No doubt there will be other, slower, CTCRC race cars you can go out in too. ;-)
Old 25 Jul 2003, 19:17 (Ref:671349)   #4
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like mine.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 02:00 (Ref:671604)   #5
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stacy - chocolate will do it for me every time - boxes or slabs - not fussy either way.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 04:59 (Ref:671660)   #6
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont s'pose you would want flowers with those chocolates?
Old 26 Jul 2003, 07:06 (Ref:671687)   #7
Brushpusher
Racer

Brushpusher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And a nice candlelit meal perhaps??
Old 26 Jul 2003, 20:51 (Ref:672151)   #8
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now there is an idea.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 18:54 (Ref:672604)   #9
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Brushpusher
And a nice candlelit meal perhaps??
Now chocolates, candlelit meals.. Well, it has been said I share a lot of similarities with Keanu Reaves, maybe there's a raffle prize!

There again.. ;-)
Old 28 Jul 2003, 18:07 (Ref:673539)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Um may one suggest that the passenger ride itself would make a pretty good raffle prize?

Tshirts and baseball caps are always useful items. Thermos and mugs are always good too.

Consumables of any kind - booze, choccies etc. always welcome of course
Old 28 Jul 2003, 18:33 (Ref:673576)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was going to say that, but I stopped for tea and missed it! I agree totally, circuit rides will always be popular. Apart from being fun, it gives us a chance to see things from the other side, and helps the bonding of marshals and drivers. I'm guessing it's a prize most drivers would like to offer too - an extra few laps over the lunch break means a bit of extra practice ahead of the race, and no-one can protest as anyone can do it! Might need a bit of mangement if it gets too popluar, though!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 20:22 (Ref:673674)   #12
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A sew on badge or back patch to say your club is supporting the marshalls does well for both as it promotes both clubs. passenger rides most definately, any chance of a drive????.
If you think the badges are a good idea please pm me to discuss further.
Rich S.
Old 29 Jul 2003, 12:46 (Ref:674254)   #13
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Um may one suggest that the passenger ride itself would make a pretty good raffle prize?
You're probably right, but the main limitation is that the race car has one seat, so the only time we can sensibly do it is at an organized club track day, like ours on the 14th Oct.

Thanks for the info though, I'll feed it back and see what we can do!

Cheers

Stacy
Old 29 Jul 2003, 13:28 (Ref:674304)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by stacy
You're probably right, but the main limitation is that the race car has one seat, so the only time we can sensibly do it is at an organized club track day, like ours on the 14th Oct.
Shouldn't be a problem Stacy, that tends to be the case with this type of prize - I've seen similar things done with Driving School places. Just make sure everyone knows that if they want the prize, they need to be at the track for the specific date and time.
Old 29 Jul 2003, 18:32 (Ref:674542)   #15
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Keanu Reeves does it for me Stacy ! Forget the chocolates - I'll just take you as my prize!!!
Old 29 Jul 2003, 18:59 (Ref:674569)   #16
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
an official thank-you is cheap and is surprisingly well-received. ie: the Thank-You letter that 750MC send out after each meeting. It makes you feel as if you were actually part of the meeting.

But back to the thread, unique clothing (hats,t'shirts or cloth patches) are always welcome. That way the marshls have a permanent record of what they've attended.

Even a "Team" shirt from a relatively unknown team means something.............

it means that someone I don't know "gives-a s**t and that is priceless, IMHO.

Any kind of thank-you is always welcome but they don't have to cost much!!
Old 29 Jul 2003, 19:24 (Ref:674596)   #17
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by bacon sandwich
Well Keanu Reeves does it for me Stacy ! Forget the chocolates - I'll just take you as my prize!!!
Hey, it's only what I've been told. Sort of a cross between Keanu and Johnny Depp I believe, only more manly.

Thanks again for the info all. Appreciated.

Stacy
Old 30 Jul 2003, 08:12 (Ref:675019)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Johnny Depp? *perks up and pats hair smooth*

Time to post a photo Stacy - I think we're going to have to auction you!