Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 18 Oct 2000, 12:17 (Ref:43431)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the announcement that there'll be no less than 9 TVR's in the GT's next year, surely this will now become the premier race series in Britain alongside F3's.. What other cars will be entered??

Listers..
Porsches..
Nobles..

Should be excellent.
Old 18 Oct 2000, 23:13 (Ref:43514)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lotus esprit, dodge viper, marcos mantara.....what about a ferrari 360 modena - there's a stack of them in australian GT Nations cup, why not british gt.
Old 18 Oct 2000, 23:37 (Ref:43521)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any chance of one of the new Morgans?

Hope... hope... hope... hope...
Old 19 Oct 2000, 09:50 (Ref:43577)   #4
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
lotus esprit, dodge viper, marcos mantara.....what about a ferrari 360 modena - there's a stack of them in australian GT Nations cup, why not british gt.
Well the British GT has one or more of each of those in at the moment. I suspect there might be one or two in there somewhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
Any chance of one of the new Morgans?
Morgan used to race a Plus 8?? in the FIA GT championship. I think they would like to race, certainly. However I heard a couple of days ago that Charles Morgan (the grandson of the founder) who used to drive in the FIA championship lost his road licence. I understand that this means no racing licence either??? so they might be looking for a new driver if they do enter
Old 19 Oct 2000, 11:08 (Ref:43586)   #5
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There should be more Marcos's next year..

I haven't seen a 'live' GT race since Thruxton, has the Elise made an appearence and what about the Caterham 21 that was due to be entered??

Pogson has been entering his F40 in recent rounds I note, so there has to be a 360 Modena out there somewhere to be developed, that would be cool..

Looking forward to seeing the Noble, there should be 5 of them (yeah right!!) but it'll be interesting..
Old 19 Oct 2000, 16:04 (Ref:43611)   #6
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
However I heard a couple of days ago that Charles Morgan (the grandson of the founder) who used to drive in the FIA championship lost his road licence. I understand that this means no racing licence either???

Not any more. You used to have to declare the loss of a road licence to the MSA and they would decide whether to suspend your race licence but since 2000 you no longer need a road licence to gain an MSA licence so they're no longer interested.
The only time they might suspend your MSA licence is if you were done for dangerous or drink driving and then it would be for "bringing the sport into disrepute"

Old 23 Oct 2000, 12:04 (Ref:44242)   #7
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well he failed a breath test, then refused to give a sample back at the station. Drawn conclusions from that if you wish...
Old 24 Oct 2000, 09:10 (Ref:44451)   #8
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Friel

I haven't seen a 'live' GT race since Thruxton, has the Elise made an appearence and what about the Caterham 21 that was due to be entered??

Pogson has been entering his F40 in recent rounds I note, so there has to be a 360 Modena out there somewhere to be developed, that would be cool..

Looking forward to seeing the Noble, there should be 5 of them (yeah right!!) but it'll be interesting..
The elise has made an appearance, but didn't arrive for the final round at Silverstone, but it was run by the guy's who were going to race the Caterham 21, so I guess that project went the way of all flesh.

Pogson has had an F40 out, and its rumoured that he'll be joined by another pedalled by Ian Hetherington next year. As for the 360 Modena, its been out since the August round at Silverstone, but has had significant teething problems. In addition to those mentioned TVR has announced customer GTO Tuscans for next season.

I can't wait!