Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Apr 2004, 22:52 (Ref:944791)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Factory Panoz back in ALMS

http://www.americanlemans.com/storyA...1904_panoz.asp

Panoz Motor Sports, one of the most successful entrants in the history of the American Le Mans Series, will return to the series and race a new Panoz Esperante GT-LM in the June 25-27 event at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.

The full factory entry in the GT class of the ALMS will be driven by Gunnar Jeannette of Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., and David Saelens of Belgium as Panoz Motor Sports returns to action for the first time since the end of the 2002 season.

The GT-LM is based on the Panoz Esperante road car built by Panoz Auto Development and is powered by a 5.0 litre modular V-8 engine from Elan Power Products. It will race on Pirelli Tires. The car has been under development and testing for several months in anticipation of its competitive debut.

"We're back," said Don Panoz, owner of Panoz Motor Sports. "We wanted to build and race a car that is more in line with the cars that we sell for the road, so we took some time away to make that happen. We're looking forward to racing at Mid-Ohio."

Panoz indicated that the team's schedule of races for the remainder of the 2004 season will be determined following the Mid-Ohio race. "We feel that the car will not only be ready to race, it will also be very competitive," he said. "But before we commit to running the rest of the season, we want to see her in real racing action
Old 19 Apr 2004, 22:58 (Ref:944796)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They "think" it's going to be very competitive, but wont commit to the remaining ALMS schedule until they "see her in real racing action." Hmmm, now that's an interesting stance.

All the same though, I'm glad they'll run the ALMS. Just can't see why they wouldn't race it into competitive form.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 22:59 (Ref:944797)   #3
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heck yeah we got Gunnar back now. Now we should see some real fun in the GT class now.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 23:29 (Ref:944827)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Glad to see Gunnar back as well! Interesting competion for the GT3RSR's and Modena's (I hope!!!)
Old 20 Apr 2004, 02:03 (Ref:944944)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if the Pirelli's will hurt the effort some??
Old 20 Apr 2004, 07:06 (Ref:945054)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Are they running Pirelli's ?!
Old 20 Apr 2004, 11:59 (Ref:945353)   #7
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like that the GT field is getting more action and attention- is the Panoz V8 an all new Elan unit or is it still a Ford 4cam modular motor? or have they switched to Audi power?
Old 20 Apr 2004, 13:19 (Ref:945478)   #8
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think that it is still the 4cam Ford if i recall correctly, but im not positive. it's good to have panoz back in the series, and hopefully we can get a good american car to try and take on the porsches and ferraris, if someone can do it, it's doc panoz
Old 20 Apr 2004, 22:20 (Ref:946100)   #9
gttouring
Veteran

where are the Mustangs?
Old 20 Apr 2004, 22:37 (Ref:946125)   #10
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
where are the Mustangs?
We have the ALWAYS lovely Saleen.... does that count???
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 21 Apr 2004, 21:50 (Ref:947166)   #11
therealdeal
Rookie

United States
Miami, FL
therealdeal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GOOOO PANOZ!!!!!!!!
Old 21 Apr 2004, 22:54 (Ref:947262)   #12
gttouring
Veteran

yes it does the saleen- but the SaleenMustangs aren't the Cobra R, or even the new Mustang GTR (OOOH WOWOWOW) check out Speedarena.com Drooool
Old 22 Apr 2004, 00:28 (Ref:947353)   #13
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
yes it does the saleen- but the SaleenMustangs aren't the Cobra R, or even the new Mustang GTR (OOOH WOWOWOW) check out Speedarena.com Drooool
AHHH, but it she as beautiful as THIS???
Attached Images

Last edited by Mags; 22 Apr 2004 at 00:29.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 22 Apr 2004, 00:33 (Ref:947357)   #14
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Lets try this again....she's beautiful...
Attached Thumbnails
saleen.jpg  
Old 22 Apr 2004, 02:09 (Ref:947406)   #15
gttouring
Veteran

Is th e saleen a gt or GTS?
the Panoz and the 430 and the Porsche's are Gts so can that sexy saleen really play with them?
Old 22 Apr 2004, 02:56 (Ref:947432)   #16
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Is th e saleen a gt or GTS?
the Panoz and the 430 and the Porsche's are Gts so can that sexy saleen really play with them?
]

It's the SEXY Saleen from Sebring.. I took that picture BTW.. and she is SO SEXY.. she's a GTS and she came in 3rd.

OH SHE IS SO SO SEXY!!!