Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Apr 2004, 18:09 (Ref:945791)   #1
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching television at campsite

I haven't got a clue whether this has already been discussed in one of the other topics (sorry, don't wanna read a 27-page topic), but do the French -or other people- among us know if LeMans and the Canadian Grand Prix can be watched via a simple arial on a French channel during the race on campsite?

My parents do live in France, so I can probably lend a television which can pick up French channels without any problems...
Old 20 Apr 2004, 18:42 (Ref:945837)   #2
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmm, perhaps Fab or Gilles can answer your question or try the awesome site of Mr Toad: beermountain.com

That´s still the best Le Mans site around if you would ask me :-) .
Old 20 Apr 2004, 18:47 (Ref:945842)   #3
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
the forum at beermountain is not really alive
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:00 (Ref:945861)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, but their info pages are, I believe.....
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:02 (Ref:945867)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
They have a page about TV, but it's only satellite TV: http://www.beermountain.com/satellite_tv.htm
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:10 (Ref:945878)   #6
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
I understand, but do not have a satellite dish at hand.

So basicly no arial-broadcasts available locally?
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:52 (Ref:945917)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
but if you watch the Canadian Grand Prix you'll miss like, 3 hours of the 24
You realise that's a whole eighth of the race?!
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:57 (Ref:945926)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is also some little football match talking place after the 24 Hours - England v France I think.......
Old 20 Apr 2004, 20:04 (Ref:945933)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
getting better, only missing a sixteenth of the race now...
Old 20 Apr 2004, 20:07 (Ref:945936)   #10
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
but if you watch the Canadian Grand Prix you'll miss like, 3 hours of the 24
You realise that's a whole eighth of the race?!
LeMans race finishes at 4 pm on sunday, F1-race should be on at 7 pm local time
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:00 (Ref:945997)   #11
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Watching television at campsite

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy_NL
I haven't got a clue whether this has already been discussed in one of the other topics (sorry, don't wanna read a 27-page topic), but do the French -or other people- among us know if LeMans and the Canadian Grand Prix can be watched via a simple arial on a French channel during the race on campsite?

My parents do live in France, so I can probably lend a television which can pick up French channels without any problems...
no problem for F1, live broadcast is scheduled on 1st channel
for LeMans, it's not much shown on tv, but if it is, yes you'll be able to watch bits

and for Rob, you may watch the football match as well
actually, the main problem could be if F1 and Football are at the same time...
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:12 (Ref:946014)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy_NL
LeMans race finishes at 4 pm on sunday, F1-race should be on at 7 pm local time
Bernie knows there is no competition.

I'm not sure we will get to see the GP this year. We want to get to Germany by the end of the following day, so we thought it would be nice to get a few miles under our belt on Sunday evening.

I don't think we'll be able to get Radio 5
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:20 (Ref:946027)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's no way I'd miss any of the race to watch an F1 sprint.......

Besides, I've seen TGF win enough already this season.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:23 (Ref:946028)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and you will be able to do it at least what 2 or 3 more time between now and then
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:36 (Ref:946041)   #15
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
There's no way I'd miss any of the race to watch an F1 sprint...
Before I read your post, this is exactly what i was going to say Ayse ! So no need for me to say this again... My mind is nowhere near an F1 race during Le Mans (b.t.w.: it never is...)
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:38 (Ref:946043)   #16
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
and you will be able to do it at least what 2 or 3 more time between now and then
the good news is that I personally won't see it this sunday
guess where I could be at that time ...

sorry mates
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:39 (Ref:946044)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rose-tinted nostalgia alert:
Actually I yearn for the days when there wasn't a GP on the same weekend as Le Mans AND we got the GP drivers entering Le Mans!
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:43 (Ref:946050)   #18
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
true, but we'll have sooo good drivers anyway, and I'm not sure I'd like to see the guy quoted above at Le Mans for now
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:52 (Ref:946059)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Why not? It'd be great to see such talent and how he adapted to the skills of endurance racing.

He's been there before too. I remember the puff of smoke which foretold of possible problems at the next pit stop...
Old 20 Apr 2004, 22:01 (Ref:946075)   #20
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
yes, but medias would probably speak only about him, and not the race itself or the cars and other drivers
you know, in a "known peoples hobby" kind of way
Old 20 Apr 2004, 22:18 (Ref:946094)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
True, but they do that anyway. Raising the profiule might just get a few more of those manufacturers back. So a few GP drivers would be good. Look at the press Herbert and McNish get compared with the others. Even Lehto articles (in the mainstream press) often start ex-F1 pilot...

Beside you and I (and the rest of us here) know there is more to racing life.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 23:36 (Ref:946157)   #22
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think most of us here agree that we'd much rather be discussing / watching / thinking about sportscar racing than those over-blown soapbox races that are marginally less boring than golf.

And, FWIW, I'd like to see current F1 drivers take part in Le Mans on their weekend off.

Last edited by neiltbag; 20 Apr 2004 at 23:37.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 00:50 (Ref:946197)   #23
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They don't get weekends off. They have to be returned to the factory to be torn down and refitted for the next race, and have the v-chip re-installed in case they might actually make a remark worth hearing and frighten the audience into waking up.

Last year at Pre-Q I was rather bemused to see a lot of people in the garages watching the cootie parade instead of the awesome racing right outside their pitlane....
Old 21 Apr 2004, 06:06 (Ref:946318)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I thought as much !!!
Old 21 Apr 2004, 07:18 (Ref:946356)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Even Lehto articles (in the mainstream press) often start ex-F1 pilot...

When they should more properly start, "Former Le Mans winner...."