Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 2 Dec 2006, 00:38 (Ref:1779911)   #1
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Anti Mist Windscreen

HAS ANYBODY DISCOVERED A WAY OF STOPPING A SCREEN FOM MISTING UP WHEN ITS RAINING ? APART FROM FITTING A HEATED JOB.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1779997)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Gordon, After trying all the old method,s ie Toothpaste ,Half Potato,etc,etc ,Fog City is the most successful if applied by the book,you will need to reapplie on a regular basis though.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1780275)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I fitted a small plug into cigar lighter (but modified and wired direct) heater blower into my yellow chevy for Donington as I was convinced we would be deluged with rain but amazingly it was dry so never had the chance to use it but it cerainly looks like it may work and was only cheap from Maccess so worth a try. I have installed it under the dash blowing up on to screen.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 13:41 (Ref:1780315)   #4
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Washing up liquid. Apply, let dry, then polish off. Works a treat!
Old 2 Dec 2006, 16:24 (Ref:1780381)   #5
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lemon or ocean freshness, John?

But it works!
Old 2 Dec 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1780391)   #6
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Asda's finest Eddy. No poncing about over here
Old 2 Dec 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1780545)   #7
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
I fitted a small plug into cigar lighter (but modified and wired direct) heater blower into my yellow chevy for Donington as I was convinced we would be deluged with rain but amazingly it was dry so never had the chance to use it but it cerainly looks like it may work and was only cheap from Maccess so worth a try. I have installed it under the dash blowing up on to screen.
I have got two of these. Not perfect but a lot better than nothing and a whole lot lighter than a heater system.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 23:17 (Ref:1780555)   #8
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
remove both side windows worfs for me every time
Old 2 Dec 2006, 23:35 (Ref:1780560)   #9
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What car?
Most, nay all production cars have a demister duct that blows a draught of air onto the screen. I have a length of that silver ducting from the usual entry point outside under the windscreen straight to the nozzle behind the 'screen. No heater, no fan, just fresh air. Works very well, even in rain.
John
Old 3 Dec 2006, 00:25 (Ref:1780580)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I Have Tried Various Lotions N Potions Over The Years ,i Even Run A Hose From The Front Of The Car Through A Double Skin On The Dry Sump Tank Then To The Original Demister Tube. I Wonder If It Is Because I Use A Lexan Screen ? I Dont Have A Charging System On The Car So I Cant Run Electrical Heaters For Very Long . Ok In A Clubbie Quickie Though .
Old 3 Dec 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1780684)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Why dont you run a charging system Gordon as a matter of interest, you realise you should get a better spark at the ignition with a lightweight generator as the voltage will increase to over 13 volts and be under 12 wthout. It may outweight the slight weight and very little drag on the engine.

Its funny how different people thoughts are on this, a friend of mine used to run in a short oval formula that for some obscure reason did not allow alternators or generators (???) so he rigged a secret one up running off the prop shaft a (independant rear suspenson Seirra) and he swore he saw an advantage and his on track championship winning performances backed him up. He is incidently a very good engineer who would have researched this throughly prior to fitting it.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 3 Dec 2006 at 08:42.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1781078)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Al .you Are Probably Right, Its Just That I Always Wanted To Get
The Last Gnats Hp With The Lightest Weight Car I Could Make.
I Could Use A Small Altenator And Gear It Down As Long As It Would
Stop On The Engine , I Do Use A Lot Of Revs ! My Mate Fitted One On
His Lotus Cortina Off Of A Mini Digger. I Am Rebuilding The Engine At The Moment So I May Well Look Into It.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 08:11 (Ref:1781398)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon,the latest type of alternator should easyly take 9k,they were originaly built for approx 12! They are also extremely light,you certainly wont notice any difference in performance.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1781900)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Also use what I do and I only rev to 7800, a big alloy pully from real steel, they also help stop slippage as well as gear it down and stopped me shedding fan belts with a lightweight (read auto flex plate) flywheel as the belt gets loads more purchase on the pulley. My mate resorted to an expensive toothed belt system on his Camaro to stop throwing belts but the big pully worked a treat.

I know others have said it Gordon but what internet software are you using, just wondered if you had a wrong setting in there (Title Case check box ticked???)causing upper case on each word as it must be damned hard to do that deliberately.

Oh and Gordon the way you go you are probably right (at least till it rains!) :-)

Last edited by Al Weyman; 4 Dec 2006 at 19:27.
Old 5 Dec 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1782543)   #15
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like using the Anti - Mist visor spray that you can get from most bike centers.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 5 Dec 2006, 16:36 (Ref:1782655)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
I like using the Anti - Mist visor spray that you can get from most bike centers.
That's ok for a while but doesn't last long enough - certainly didn't last at Brands at the begining of the year. Not so much of a problem for a rallycrosser though